Black People : Issues concerning black folk (minus 'da white mane')

LOL!!!! nubians egyptians who the **** cares they are different from us and i dnt need to leech off their accomplishments to feel good about myself haha jesus this is hilarious

Get ready, son:

There is the history of the kingdoms of Mali, Songhay, Benin, Nubia, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Babylon, Sumer, and more.

There are the kings of Africa: Mansa Musa, Taharqa, Shaka Zulu, and many more.

There are the warrior queens of Africa, the kandakes, Queen Nzingha
There are the cities such Meroe, Kerma, Timbuktu, and so many more.
There are the universities such as Sankore.
There are the scholars such as Chiek Ante Diop.

There were numerous civilizations all over Africa.

Another point: Africa is 3-4 times the size of Europe. Much more area to cover.

Nubian history is worldwide given Akuebelan's people are worldwide.

There were hundreds of revolutions in the New World (North, Central, and South America). Only two were successful in achieving independence: the American Revolution and the HAITIAN REVOLUTION.

There is so very much more. I recommend you do more research rather than speaking from a position of patent ignorance.

Get ready, son:

There is the history of the kingdoms of Mali, Songhay, Benin, Nubia, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Babylon, Sumer, and more.

There are the kings of Africa: Mansa Musa, Taharqa, Shaka Zulu, and many more.

There are the warrior queens of Africa, the kandakes, Queen Nzingha
There are the cities such Meroe, Kerma, Timbuktu, and so many more.
There are the universities such as Sankore.
There are the scholars such as Chiek Ante Diop.

There were numerous civilizations all over Africa.

Another point: Africa is 3-4 times the size of Europe. Much more area to cover.

Nubian history is worldwide given Akuebelan's people are worldwide.

There were hundreds of revolutions in the New World (North, Central, and South America). Only two were successful in achieving independence: the American Revolution and the HAITIAN REVOLUTION.

There is so very much more. I recommend you do more research rather than speaking from a position of patent ignorance.

looks like a lot of light in the dark continent....

one love
khasm

i wish i knew.

I'd like to get your thoughts on the following. This is a post a made in another thread
a while back:

Dyson, cites from a publication that dubois was a part of as he edited
a social study titled: "morals and manners among negro americans",
in 1914..., that's before there being such a thing as a civil rights era.

He distributes nationally a questionnaire to upstanding black folks of
the time: preachers, teachers, social workers, physician, lawyers etc:

Some of the responses to the condition of parenting back then:
"better families look after their children", will other families (according
to dyson, "less well" families), "where somewhat neglectful".

Another person from d.c. says, "...Among lower elements", whatever that
means, "the children are not reared properly".

"Children are neglected in many cases from the lack of facilities to rear them properly,
inadequate schools, necessity of parents to work and spend a little time in the home"

Now this is something right here; according to a participant from alambama:
"[F]our fiths of the children are improperly reared" [...] "because the parents in equal
numbers have never had the proper training themselves".

A report from arkansas: "There is a tendency to permit children to have too many liberties
before they are really able to see for themselves or really know what are the consequences
that result from taking upon themselves responsibility which belongs to mature years, I
believe the parent is wholly in error"

From georgia: "I don not think that parents are quite strict with their children as they were when
I was a child". Well darn. This report was put together in 1914. We see here folks waxing a "back
in my day" mantra. Imagine that.

Still in georgia: "Many mothers work out and children are left a great deal to themselves"
Hole'up. Where's dad? In circa 1914?

I can go on a little more, but I am secure that y'all get the the point. Cognative dissonance
nothwithstanding.

If folks, our "predecessors" had these issues over 100 years ago, let the documented evidence
show that there were issues back then with the family unit. Inspite of the evidence, lets take racism
out of the equation. We are going back long before the civil rights era and or generation even.

Can we agree that these "pressing issues", where black folk are concerned didn't just manifest yesterday?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back