Black History : Isn't The Real Roots Of Our Issues/Problems What Was Hyped During The Blackspoitation Movie Era?

Great sis!
Speaking correctly was taught by us from our language that's if we speaking about our history and not Americas literacy rate!

The two must be put together.

We must know our own history AND how to correctly speak and write the language of the ruling class we live. ---Before Integration, our BLACK schools were teaching Black children Latin and French and Spanish as well as how to speak and write in English, higher maths, sciences, etc..

America's literacy rates are a part of white supremacy and the stereotypes.

Oprah:
Growing up in Birmingham, you probably didn't have many positive images of what a black woman could be.

Condoleezza:
Oh, but I did! My mother was a teacher—a stunningly beautiful woman who believed in dressing well. When I was 5 or 6 years old, I remember my mother bringing out a recording of Aida because she thought it was time for me to learn about opera. My parents and our whole community were so focused on making sure their children had exposure to things. We were a self-contained community, and there were extremely positive black role models.

Oprah:
Tell me about the first time you went to the desegregated all-girls school in Denver.

Condoleezza:
I really didn't think much about the fact that there were only three black women in my class rather than all black people. Later, when I started at the University of Denver, there was a professor who was preaching about [scientist] William Shockley, who claimed that blacks just didn't have high IQs. And from somewhere deep within myself I said to him, "Who do you think you are? I'm better at your culture than you are. I'm the one who plays Beethoven. I'm the one who speaks French. So obviously this can be taught."

Past black leaders (not just King or Malcolm) were individuals of high ethical and moral standards...

I can't and won't claim or say the same about Obama etc.

Not enough positive role models...

Such is why the thug life attracts so many new recruits...

FYI...

Ok cool! You right about not enough past or present but I feel it's cause of lack correct education about us.
http://www.exposedblackhistory.com/

Obviously some of you haven't been paying attention or denying what you're heard/read/etc.:

I. e., as the demographics change, from white to nonwhite populations, via some places and spaces, so has the new ploy to stuck down public schools, replacing them with so called 'private' (for pay) academies, also past white candidates promising to END FEDERAL PUBLIC SCHOOL FUNDING by eliminating that federal agency completely, so just who are THOSE black students going to emulate:

Joe Thug or Joe Buppie?

Time will tell about that too...

FYI...

Ok cool! You right about not enough past or present but I feel it's cause of lack correct education about us.
http://www.exposedblackhistory.com/

Yes...

The effort is appreciated...

But some things are better rediscovered by print (book) sources...

And I base this on life experiences:

I'm a history buff...

FYI...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back