Black Spirituality Religion : Is Your Faith or Religion a Verb or an Adjective?

A way of life;
to use Capoeira as the vehicle of transformation and elevation of consciousness into higher realms of clarity, to establish a collective communal progress toward Pan African Identity and knowledge.
I didnt know Capoeira was a religion, I had always assumed that it was a form of self defense, that would be good for every one flexible and the right body type to learn, but what is the religion of most of the folks studying Capoiera, world wide?

A gun is used for self defense as well, but can a religion be made
from guns?

As you probably know, Africans don’t separate life from religion (spirituality), dance or having to defend once self.

Capoeiristas in the past did not separate the game, the art or fight from their every day life and spiritual believe systems. They all where one within the life’s they lead. The Mestres had to separate them for the white man in order to be able to continue to practice this art form. Now as is customary, the white man has altered the art into a sport. Cutting off it’s intrinsic African nature and spirit. White Brazilians (most) don’t know what Capoeira is. It is just an activity for most modern Capoeira practitioners. A great many don’t fully understand Capoeiras philosophical precepts, nor it’s spiritual manifestations.

As for guns they are only a tool. But as you know, the white man has turned it into a religious symbol of destruction. Using the scull as their ultimate symbol of their believe system.

As you probably know, Africans don’t separate life from religion (spirituality), dance or having to defend once self.

Capoeiristas in the past did not separate the game, the art or fight from their every day life and spiritual believe systems. They all where one within the life’s they lead. The Mestres had to separate them for the white man in order to be able to continue to practice this art form. Now as is customary, the white man has altered the art into a sport. Cutting off it’s intrinsic African nature and spirit. White Brazilians (most) don’t know what Capoeira is. It is just an activity for most modern Capoeira practitioners. A great many don’t fully understand Capoeiras philosophical precepts, nor it’s spiritual manifestations.

As for guns they are only a tool. But as you know, the white man has turned it into a religious symbol of destruction. Using the scull as their ultimate symbol of their believe system.

Thank you brother, and I had asked that question not just for myself but for the benefit of the readers here.

In may places across the US we only see alot of white folks doing it

but we tend to forget the Quilombo warriors, who like Boukman and
the Maroons, had secret relligious practices and

special commitments of virtue and morality as commitments to the community,
that would be beyond the scope of us living in this mechanized society.

I also desired for you to post that to educate our younger readers here who get cought up in the Yellow man's Bushido, although wonderful,
they should understand and apreciate,
their African ancestral traditions
of not just martial arts and fighting but spiritual growth as well

And the blessing of Capoiera is that practicly all of the African arts will not be taught to out siders

but this system allows folks of African descent to absorb, a traditional vibe, aspet and love of self and community through movement, and the continuous circular flow, relating them to the circular flow of the microcosm of the atom and the macrocosm of the galaxy.

When I was at Alan Lee's Kung Fu Wushu, many brothers who were Afrocentric left there after 7 years and studied under Maestros

Thank you brother, and I had asked that question not just for myself but for the benefit of the readers here.

In may places across the US we only see alot of white folks doing it

but we tend to forget the Quilombo warriors, who like Boukman and
the Maroons, had secret relligious practices and

special commitments of virtue and morality as commitments to the community,
that would be beyond the scope of us living in this mechanized society.

I also desired for you to post that to educate our younger readers here who get cought up in the Yellow man's Bushido, although wonderful,
they should understand and apreciate,
their African ancestral traditions
of not just martial arts and fighting but spiritual growth as well

And the blessing of Capoiera is that practicly all of the African arts will not be taught to out siders

but this system allows folks of African descent to absorb, a traditional vibe, aspet and love of self and community through movement, and the continuous circular flow, relating them to the circular flow of the microcosm of the atom and the macrocosm of the galaxy.

When I was at Alan Lee's Kung Fu Wushu, many brothers who were Afrocentric left there after 7 years and studied under Maestros

Yes, We are losing a great deal of wisdom and spiritual understanding.

I see most of our people have been domesticated and don't even know of what they have lost. but at least the knowledge is still here. We just have to seek it!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back