Black People : Is White Supremacy Irreplaceable?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Monetary, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Neely Fuller, Jr., the author of The United Independent Compensatory Code/System/Concept a textbook/workbook for thought, speech and/or action for victims of racism (white supremacy), writes that White Supremacists are
    And, at the same time, he states that Non-White People are

Neely Fuller comes to this conclusion from observing that White people have developed and instituted the system of White Supremacy...and that Non-White people have yet to find a system to equal it or replace it.

From your observations of and interactions with White people and our people, do you agree or disagree with these statements? State why if you care to share. Thank you.

2. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I AGREE THAT WHITE SUPREMACY IS AN INSTITUTION THAT WILL NEVER BE REPLACED. THAT'S ALL I AGREE WITH.

THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION.

3. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Let me put my 2 cents....

I disagree with Mr. Fuller wholeheartedly on this issue. I believe that there are some very intelligent and incredibly smart people in all races or ethnicities. However, I do not believe that White people are the smartest or brightest of the lot. There have been people in all cultures who have done great things to add to society. And that fact needs to be recognized.

I believe that Mr. Fuller overlooks one fundamental fact in coming to his conclusion. He does not take into account the cultural differences between white people and non-white people. He should consider the following difference in mentality between Non-White people versus White people.

a. We vs I
    b. Inclusive vs Exclusive
    c. Non-Power hungry vs Power Hungry
    d. Intellect focused on the good of all vs Intellect focused on the good of one

Note: This list applies to a group of people on average not individuals in that group.

This difference alone plays a big part in how we as a people deal with other people as well as ourselves. Looking back over history, there is no way that I can say that White people are more intelligent, smarter, or brighter than any other people on the face of the earth.

4. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Being the most shady and lowdown, with the most power to stomp on others does not mean that all members of that dominating race are more intelligent. It means they had trifeling leaders who would sink to any level to get what they want out of other races/ethnicities.

In todays world, money often makes up for lack of intelligence and it is not a level playing feild at all. The white man got in power and changed things up such that all oppositions will start at a tottal disadvantage in trying to level things. The intelligence argument is racist and ridiculous.

5. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    This is true. Black people as well as anyother race have made breakthroughs in technology, medicine and every other aspect of life. Also, there are people out there that are brilliant, but choose to use their brains to help others rather than make millions of dollars. Not everyone is bent on owning the world. We have been put into a system that is designed to keep us down, yet we still found ways to make our mark, no matter what this clown (Fuller) says.

6. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Could you tell me where I can find this quote re: non-white people? We are non-white people, and I can't believe Dr. Neely Fuller - who is also a non-white person - said those things. The following is from this link:

http://www.houseofnubian.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Shelf/ASP/Hierarchy/010J.html

Dr. Fuller breaks down his idea of there being three basic types of people in the known Universe, that being white people, non-whites and white supremacists/racists. In his explanation, white people are "people who classify themselves as 'white' and have been classified as 'white', accepted as 'white'...and who generally function as 'white' in all of the nine major areas of activity." He defined non-whites as "people who have been classified as 'non-white', and/or who generally function as 'non-white' in their relationship with each other..." Last, white supremacists/ racists are "people who classify themselves as 'white', and who generally function as 'white', and who practice racial subjugation (based on 'white'-'non-white', at any time, in any place, in any one or more of the nine major areas of activity."

The Nine Areas of People Activity are:

(1) Economics
    (2) Education
    (3) Entertainment
    (4) Labor
    (5) Law
    (6) Politics
    (7) Religion
    (8) Sex
    (9) War

From The Black Agenda:

In 1983, The Black Agenda was reorganized around The United Independent Compensatory Code/System/Concept, simply referred to as THE CODE.

This major reorganization reflected the changing attitudes and growing sophistication of non-white people, specifically Black people.

The Black Agenda has evolved into a pro-active system of thought, speech and action designed to focus on all areas of human activity, against the global system of white supremacy (often incorrectly referred to as "racism").

The intended result of this educational process is to produce a critical mass of "codified" people, capable of moving Black people beyond the point of concern for self-determination, to a broader concern for the global family and the establishment and maintenance of a global justice.

This process is accomplished by: collecting, organizing, investigating, analyzing, resolving and communicating, information about the many social, political, economical, cultural, scientific and technological systems used against Black people, globally...

Btw, Monetary, I attended a lecture by Dr. Neely Fuller here at the SUNYAB. He was introduced by Dr. Frances Cress-Welsing. He is currently the guest lecturer (Dr. Cress-Welsing is the main lecturer) at Howard University's Blackburn Center on the Main Campus.

Can you tell me what your intended purpose is re: this thread?

7. Monetary

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Fam...

Bigtown: So, you won't even try to get rid of White Supremacy? Do you not see the benefits of us stepping up the challenge?

Mr Blak: I agree with you on this. I believe that we do have the intellectual capacity to find a solution to the system of White Supremacy. If we believe that White people are the smartest without a doubt, then common sense leads us to believe that we shouldn't even fight or try to change White Supremacy because they'll outsmart us at every turn. I don't buy that.

Earth: I have been through the situation you describe with white kids I grew up with in elementary school. Later in high school, they'd barely speak to us--other black kids. However, the ignorance that you claim White Supremacy is founded on is very profitable. It benefits White Supremacists and white poeple who do not practice white supremacy immeasurably. And that, in itself, is the problem. Just because it's based on ignorance doesn't negate the fact that it cheats non-white people out of a standard of living--a way of life--that's a hell of a lot better than what it is.

Kente417mojo: Although I agree with you, I wouldn't disrespect Mr. Fuller because I disagree with his views. He has a right to his opinion. I'm reading his book and the brotha makes a lot of sense. His observations are on point. However, I believe that he's too harsh on our people.

Aqil: In Mr Fuller's book entitled The United Independent Compensatory Code/Sysetm/Concept a textbook/workbook for thought, speech and/or action for victims of racism (white supremacy), at the top of page 37, you will see where Mr. Fuller states the basic characteristics of white people versus non-white people. There is where you will find his words on non-white people as stated in post #1.

I started this thread to get people discussing Mr. Fuller's views on white supremacy and hopefully spark an interest for them to come and hear this brotha speak on August 18th at 9pm in voice chat. That night, they can ask any questions they wish and hear him answer those questions. This is one of many guest speakers we'd like to have come and interact with our Destee.com members.

peace

8. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Neely Fuller has been deeply affected by his experiences with racism in the United States. This led him to wanting to find solutions to the “race-problem,” and especially the conflicts that people find themselves involved in because of it. Mr. Fuller started his journey in the 1960’s for a solution to the “race-problem” by thinking about the words that were being used to describe the conflicts surrounding the topics around racism. He came to the determination that many of these words had confusing meanings attached to them, and that this confusion retarded any attempt to find a solution.

He came to what he considered a startling revelation - that people who use words can create their own definitions for those words. His work has essentially been about the understanding of conflicts and their resolution through the use of words (dialogue). His approach has inspired me to consider the potential for the building of peace - from general conflicts and not just those related to race.

What inspires me most about Neely Fuller is his emphasis on the need for dialogue to be grounded in a logical structure. This structure takes its form in the use of concise language and in the active use of definitions. He believes that the use of such techniques would ultimately prove useful for resolving conflicts. He emphasizes the use of precision in the language that people use whilst talking to one another during conflicts, especially those centered around race. He suggests that people make a concerted attempt to clearly express their thoughts, using concise language that minimizes confusion.

I have observed that in his interviews and lectures, he sticks to his own philosophy whilst engaging in dialogue with others on the topic of racism. He quickly asks for the definitions of any words used for which the meaning is not clear, and then together examining whether the definitions actually fit the way the words are actually being used. If it can be found that they do not, Fuller, together with his dialogue partner, suggests alternate words and/or definitions. In this manner, he constantly practices and also refines his philosophy.

Fuller’s motivating drive, he says, is the quest for the establishment of justice on planet Earth. Justice as defined by Fuller is “balance between people.” He thinks that people should be given tools that would empower them to act individually, if they choose to do so, to promote justice. He also believes that this is the only reason for someone to justify their existence. Fuller’s commitment to a concept of justice in conflict resolution, his development of an unique philosophy and his own active adherence to it serves as a source of inspiration for me.

Foremost among Fuller’s contributions to the techniques of dialogue and its potential for peace-building is this strong emphasis on precision-speaking. Without precision, communication between people can be so often a ripe source of conflict. When people feel as they are not being understood or suspect that they are being misled, their frustration makes them lash out and conflict begins. To reduce conflict, Fuller says, people need to understand their own responsibility whilst engaging in dialogue. This responsibility involves speaking “the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”

It is very important not to knowingly mislead the person you are speaking to. It is also very important not to allow yourself to be misled. This is accomplished by scientifically sticking to the facts when you speak, and not including any irrelevant information not important to the discussion. Without a commitment to the truth, there can be no meaningful gains to be achieved from dialogue.

Definitions are also very important. One example of a definition that Fuller uses is: Justice equals balance between people. Peace equals justice plus truth, where truth equals that which is. On first glance, these definitions sound quite simplistic and circular. But are they? At the very least, the careful consideration of the definitions of words used whilst communicating can be shown to be of real importance. Without mutual understanding of a particular definition, confusion can quickly arise in a discussion where definitions relating to issues have not been fully decided upon.

Fuller has entitled his philosophy the “United Independent Compensatory System/Code/Concept.” In peace-building, he feels that persons should be united in their quest for the elimination of racism, but work independently. This means that they make their own choices as to what they should or should not do. The "Codebook," as he describes his work, serves as a compilation of suggestions from which persons may choose to implement any time they wish. More importantly, Fuller encourages persons to make up their own suggestions independently – to create their own code of conduct.

What are the values of Fuller? The critical thing that appears to drive him is his wish to see what he sees as widespread injustice in the world replaced with justice. Admittedly, such a thing has not been achieved in the past, and those who have tried to establish justice have failed, says Fuller. Another key value for Fuller seems to be the use of logical thinking to obtain justice. This is apparent as the emphasis on precise language reveal is central in his philosophy. The vehicle for this use of logical thinking to obtain justice is individual responsibility. Each person is individually responsible for the production of justice, using their own intelligence to make decisions on what behaviors they should implement to produce justice in their own lives.

The common man can contribute to the field of peace-research and dialogue. Neely Fuller has been able to uncover what I believe are key essentials relating to meaningful, constructive dialogue.

REFERENCES:
    Fuller, Neely. The United Independent Compensatory Code/System/Concept. Copyrighted, Library of Congress, 1969.

9. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    "Most white people hate Black people. The reason that most white people hate Black people is because whites are not Black people. If you know this about white people, you need know little else. If you do not know this about white people, virtually all else that you know about them will only confuse you."

(Neely Fuller, Jr.)

10. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Unfortunately, my copy of Fuller's book is missing from my library. Would you be so kind as to quote the paragraph where he states that non-white people are "powerless and pitiful; primitive and/or ignorant; and stupid and/or silly"?