Science and Technology : Is "Thought" a Force? And does it Create Reality ?

peace

Does anyone remember "return to the 36th chamber"?

when the student wanted to start right @ the top (the 36th chamber), but when he entered he didn't think that they were practicing martial art's because all they were doing was meditating. Then after a while the master of the chamber (while they all still had their eyes closed) started asking them all questions and they all answered each question in unison.

Here is the quote of the last question that was asked:

question:

"CAN WE ALL HEAR THE SOUND OF BELLS"?

Student's response:

"Emptiness is sound, therefore we hear nothing"

and the teacher ends with "AUMMMMMMMM"

Can anyone re-call that scene?

Bruha this is one of my favorite kung fu movies (The Master Killer) And I like that entire chant scene when the head monk is going from side to side testing the junior monks. And That last phase is one of my favorites. Even when they say the phase "we hear nothing" deserves to be pondered.

But like his master told him when old boy knocked him off his feet, "it is the highest form you will ever see,you just don't understand"

While we are talking about movies, it is one called Dune. In it you have a class of women called the Bene Gesserit that has the power in their voice to control people.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...CtUw5PkQw&sig2=-RwWhw8ZF2d5bsUkSR6raw&cad=rja

The Bene Gesserit (
11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png
/ˈbɛn ˈɛsərɪt/ BEN-ee-JESS-ər-it)[1] are a key social, religious, and political force in Frank Herbert's science fiction Dune universe. The group is described as an exclusive sisterhood whose members train their bodies and minds through years of physical and mental conditioning to obtain superhuman powers and abilities that can seem magical to outsiders. Acolytes who have acquired the breadth of Bene Gesserit abilities are called Reverend Mothers within the organization's ranks.[2] Some of these fictional powers are analyzed and deconstructed from a real world scientific perspective in the book The Science of Dune (2008).[3][4][5]

The supreme being called the Kwisatz Haderach has evolve to a stage where he no longer need the aid of a device to amplify the sounds of his voice in order to do what ever he wants.

Check out the link. If you are into si-fi, check out the movie. His name is similar to a Hebrew phrase that mean teleportation.
Peace!

I just remembered something I had pondered many times before.
I Study Astrology and "Astrologically speaking" ( this is Astrotheology) it would be imposible to not be able to conceive thought at all. Reason being, even when your conscious mind shuts off (which would be 3rd house of ones astrological chart), your subconscious mind is still working. Your subconscious mind (which would be the 12th house of ones astrological chart) is akin to ones higher self. The higher self is that part of us that when all else fails, it kicks in, it even kicks in when all is going well. So you see, even if one is able to meditate in order to get to the state of having no thought, one would not be able to come back from that state if one was not able to think ones self back into that state. The only way to get back to the state of (conscious) thought, is to store ones concsious thoughts in ones subconscious memeory bank. Here is where it gets tricky tho', one would have to be at one, with ones subconscious because the subconscious can play tricks on ya'. The higher self is always that part of us that test us, it's that part of us that assists one in challenging ones self to get to a higher state of consciousness, higher state of self, higher state of whatever etcetera, etcetera.

Amit Goswami, retired Professor of Theoretical Quantum Physics, has an answer to the question of this thread. He articulates that answer by the statement "Consciousness is the ground of all being". He describes the predominant theme among western scientists as Material Realism, which he considers to be dualist because it borrows from Descartes' approach of separating mind and matter. Mainstream science, then, proceeds to define all worth knowing as being some aspect of matter. Hence, the search for God in a particle instead of within, and the reductionist view that Self and Consciousness are epiphenomenal to matter.

Goswami argues for an alternate view, which he calls Monistic Idealism. Monistic implying One, he argues that everything --- energy, matter, force, whatever you wish --- has its being from one thing, that being Consciousness. Thought, in that view, is an aspect of Consciousness.

According to Monistic Idealism, Consciousness is the one thing [immaterial] from which the entire universe, including the four known forces [Electromechanical, gravity, strong and weak atomic forces] as well as matter generally speaking, arises. He believes, literally, that Consciousness, of which thought is an aspect, creates all that is real.

He bases Monistic Idealism upon four properties of quantum physics, which are presented in his book "The Self-Aware Universe" this way:
  1. The Wave Property ==> a quantum object (for example, an electron) can be at more than one place at the same time.
  2. The Collapse of a Wave ==> a quantum object cannot be said to manifest in ordinary space-time reality until we observe it as a particle.
  3. The Quantum Jump ==> A quantum object ceases to exist here and simultaneously appears in existence over there; we cannot say it went through the intervening space.
  4. Quantum Action at a Distance ==> A manifestation of one quantum object, caused by our observation, simultaneously influences its correlated twin object no matter how far apart they are.

Goswami argues for an alternate view, which he calls Monistic Idealism. Monistic implying One, he argues that everything --- energy, matter, force, whatever you wish --- has its being from one thing, that being Consciousness. Thought, in that view, is an aspect of Consciousness.

According to Monistic Idealism, Consciousness is the one thing [immaterial] from which the entire universe, including the four known forces [Electromechanical, gravity, strong and weak atomic forces] as well as matter generally speaking, arises. He believes, literally, that Consciousness, of which thought is an aspect, creates all that is real.

Err, the ancestors from Kemet have been saying this thousands of years ago, its nice that the good Dr. is playing catch up.

In the example with the tree, what would be the instant reality? The sound of the tree falling?

The sound would be your instant reality. But if no one hears it, then there is no sound. until someone hears them, those vibrations traveling through the air cannot be called sound.

And the example of the thoughts of your actions pushing a button is still a process with the actual thought being the beginning of that process. Nothing 'appeared' out of thin air. You had a thought and it led to an action being taken. A quick process but a process nonetheless.

I see that I misunderstood you. You are correct.

To clear things up, when I say things don't appear instantly, I mean the creation of physical reality. We can't make a car, a computer or other objects just pop into existence instantaneously with sheer thought without going through a necessary process. Of course we can create sound instantly and carry out certain actions. Simple tasks require simple processes. Some processes are quicker than others.

Here is a video to help explain the quantum world and reality.
The speaker @time 7:00 I think explain why it is sometimes difficult to grasp quantum mechanics.

As I stated before we live in an observer/matter relationship type of atmosphere. And our perception of it changes our reality. Our minds has the power to effect and change matter. Quantum mechanics shows this, we are just not at that stage in our evolution to do that yet.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back