Black People Politics : Is This Why Barack Obama Is Running For President???

OmowaleX said:
Given the critical nature of this specific presidential campaign, at this point in history, I view it as quite possible for Barack Obama to at least win the Democratic party nomination, and if he doesnt, to have the capability, with a broad base of multi-cultural support, to run as a viable INDEPENDENT candidate, and defeat the Democratic and Republican candidates, by taking the core of Black voters which represent the fundamental base of both parties on a grass-roots level.

In the eventuality of his election would place him in a better position than any of the rest of us to influence the development of a more progressive us foreign policy, capable of strenghtening ties to africa and placing in the forefront policies that would address crisis in Southern Africa (HIV), Darfur (Civil war) and Mauritania (Slavery), while moderating the us support for zionist israel, and normalizing relations with cuba, argentina, mexico, nigeria, iran, syria, pakistan and other developing countries.

From what I see, most african-american critics of Barak Obama are leaning towards support for Hillary Clinton, an avowed "moderate" and DIXIECRAT despite her representing the state of new york.

Barak Obama is a "liberal" candidate which scares the zionist lobby in washington, which benefits from a war agenda and destabilization of the middle east.

Never could grasp why some black people don't see through the, "clintons".The clintons seam to be buying them selves a lot of black votes these days. They can rack up a few thousand from one church alone.

n2deepthings06 said:
a couple of thoughts

1) the black vote is not going anywere but to the party that has pimped them for the last 50 years

2nd
the office of the President is a mere appendage, it will cost over a billion dollars to win the 08 election....a black man in the white house will be just as beholden to special interests as any white man or white woman...black folks have an insane love affair with the Clintons, the democratic party didnt need Obama to garner the black votes....

for any Democrat white, black or female to lose in 08 would speak to mind numbing incompetence

Lets not label Black voters over the decades as, "pimped". Democrats were the only choice, either that or devil like regan. To suggest that Blacks vote for demacrats because they , cannot discern the two sidedness of the democratic party is incorrect. Some choose the lesser of two evils, others just choose not to vote. Voting or supporting a right wing conservative agenda is not an option, it is suicide.

I see it as a GREAT LESSON for OBAMA to run for PRESIDENT.

After all he has learned from his mistakes, or actual he got a BETTER TEACHER to make him EXPAND his HORIZONS.

I think for us BLACK PEOPLE we will have to STUDY his HISTORY instead of CURRENT MEDIA headlines to make a DETERMINATION...

http://www.quickoverview.com/election2008/barack-obama-overview.html

In 2000, Obama made an unsuccessful Democratic primary run for the U.S. House of Representatives seat held by four-term incumbent candidate Bobby Rush. Rush, a former Black Panther and community activist, charged that Obama hadn't "been around the first congressional district long enough to really see what's going on". Rush received 61% of the vote, while Obama received 30%.

What happen? I thought Obama was a COMMUNITY ACTIVIST for CHICAGO and NEW YORK. I guess SPREADING yourself OUT hurt him HERE. Apparently he did not have a FIRM BASE in CHICAGO SOUTH SIDE. Despite his ACKNOWLEDGED BACK BREAKING WORK for the POOR. He was a STATE SENATE LEGISLATOR for HYDE PARK, a INTERRACIAL NEIGHBORHOOD within the MIDST of the UNIVERSITY of CHICAGO. A former BLACK PANTHER with its DEEP ROOTS made the CUT. This was a ALMOST A BLACK COMMUNITY AFFAIR.

http://www.house.gov/rush/

What LESSON did OBAMA learned there and WHY he is not ENGAGING issues with the COMMUNITY in great DEPTH.

A great MYSTERY and we can learn to APPRECIATE his STRATEGY more NOW than EVER.

Oh well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back