Black Women : IS THIS RIGHT?????

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Kemetstry, Oct 25, 2007.

?

SHOULD HE HAVE TO PAY?

1. IT'S HIS KID, HE GOTTA PAY!

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. TAKE A DNA TEST 1ST

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. SHE COULD HAVE TALKED TO HIM IN PERSON 1ST

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. HE WAS IN JAIL, HE DONT OWE A DIME!!!!

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    A man was recently released from prison after a DNA test proved he couldnt have raped the woman of his conviction. He served over 19 years before he was released. Upon release, he discovered he had a son by his girlfriend at the time. The kid is now 19. Her lawyer served him with child support paper at his release celebration.

2. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    The people who placed him in greater confinement should pay.

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    no - it's not right. there must be more to the story.

eta - the man is going end up back in jail. grrrr. there is more to the story - child support laws need some serious adjustment, as according to the current policies - yes, he nees to pay. and no - that isnt right. Even if he WAS guilty and just completed his term of imprisonment, it would still be wrong.

4. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161

100 % correct, I share your feelings!!
    Had he been free for the past 19 years, there's a good chance he would have taken care of whats' his.

5. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    just cant get my head around any who would do that..
    the system jailed him incorrectly - but what about the woman who falsely accused him in the first place?

6. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128

No, this is the story

7. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Not fair at all

My opinion is that she should have talked to him first and then they should get a DNA test. Something similar like this had happen to my cousin except he didnt go to prison. He was led to believe that the lil girl he was raising while him and his gf was living together was his, until one day he had came home and blah blah and the truth was revealed. A very sad situation (trying not to tell all of his business) lol!

8. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    Child support laws are like a, wolf in sheep clothing...

The Child support laws in America are just as draconian and oppressive as any other laws that persecute mainly the poor and Black people; everything that’s given to Black people by this system as a social advancement or legal redress has a seditious and maniacal underbelly.

The system is designed to get you coming and going, and most laws and programs are merely setting you up from something else.

Just as it was impossible to tell a Black woman that moving into the projects was a trick and so many thought is was a move upward (as compared to the slums), and just as it was impossible to show the downside of government relief that later created the perpetual welfare state in Black America (when so many were out of work and needed to feed their children), it’s now impossible to tell Black women that the Child support system is being used more to track and further persecute and prosecute Black men than it is to help Black women and children, or help stabilize the Black family.

To show you how draconian these laws are, even if a man is financially supporting and taking care of his child, a woman can use the court to serve and prosecute him for court ordered child support. It’s one thing to go after a man if he is totally ignoring all sane and reasonable options to help take care of his child, it’s another thing to use the child support system and the American court system as one’s first move, regardless of the brother’s character.

I have talked to just as many elder Black women, who have said, they would have never dared running to this wicked white man’s system to turn in Black men, and I have found many of these elders more upset with how many young Black women lean on the system, just as much I have found Black men who feel they were unjustly prosecuted to pay child support, as they had rather take care of their children without the court’s involvement.

Black men have been so generalized, stereotyped, and demonized that Black women don’t even think twice about these types of actions, as they turn in Black men to the same system and people who tortured and hanged Black men, and that justified the rape and sterilization of Black women.

Ase!

9. Zulile

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I am simply disgusted. People have lost their common sense.

10. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Do you feel that the Child support laws are unfair?