Is this really a man's world ???

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by $$RICH$$, Sep 14, 2004.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I've heard a few ladies state this a few times
    that this a man's world ??? how so and what makes this a man's world ??
    what do you all think hope to hear from some of the sistas who feel it is.

personally i don't think so !
    if it was we would have more understanding and unity
    and we all know that most cases behind a good man is a great woman
    I am a strong believer of this quote.

now i seek the truth behind these sayings is they real or a myth?

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    "This Is A Man's World???!!!"

That all came from those white hillbillies who believe in taking over weak white women by doing anything they please.

That's my opinion.............myth or Not!

Cedric Denson

3. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Actually Rich I've heard some men say this too, and felt that it should be. We live in a male dominated society...white male dominated, but male none the less. The head of government, the ceo of corporations, by and large, male. Even in our language, the way we talk to one another...When a male wants to insult another male, really take him down a few pegs, what does he often call him?
    I think it is wonderful that you believe that behind a good man is a great woman. But there are those that feel if a woman shines too brightly it somehow diminishes a man's luster. Now, I do not feel this way, I think a bright woman enhances and compliments her man, but hey, that's me. Good topic Rich.

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    James Brown thinks so! :D

But seriously, I don't think this is a "man's world" per se. I believe that it's a world that's dominated by men who have greater political influence than women in most cultures, particulaly modern western cultures.

Queenie :spinstar:

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    It could be dominated by white men. But Black folks put in the work for our resources. Am I the only one that knows that if black Folks stuck together we can practically Head the Government? and such? Women give birth to men, so they should be getting some kind of credit. Men in this world are so strong, they will die doing what they believe in. Black women are just as strong. James Brown is a singer, not a influential character. Let him sing. Just like the phrase says: "Don't sing it, just bring it." Does he back "it's a man's world" up? White believers get over on their white women easily, so they can say it without having to hear a sistah's voice. Let him prove how much of a man's world it is to the sistahs. Not saying that it isn't a man's world, but like Queenie said: "it's a world that's dominated by men who have greater political influence than women in most cultures." Anything is possible.

6. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    No way is it a man's world. Maybe back in the day, but now orginization cater to women. The justice system is bias to women. Laws are more harsh for men. Men have to tip toe and be very careful about what they say and do around women in the workplace. Women have the power in marriages now. That's why it's not beneficial for a man to marry unless you're 100% sure it's gonna work out. Politically, it's a man's world, but none of us common people know anything about that part of the world apart from what we see on television. No, it's not a man's world. Not even close.

7. toylin

toylin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Security Guard
    Ratings:
    +17
    I think this is a male dominated world. Only in the last 100 years or so have women really made steps. In the Western World, anyway. In other countries, other cultures, the people are matriarchal (sp?). This country/society is patriarchal (sp?).

8. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    The justice system is sometimes biased, that depends. What about during a rape trial? The victim, often a woman, is still often treated as if she is the one on trial. I don't think men should have to tiptoe around women in the workplace, but they shouldn't be able to say whatever crosses their minds either. And we are affected politically whether we know much about government or not.

9. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    Well I don’t think it is so-called “mans world” but all well see it different in someway.... women run companies,as do men, women can and do support the family, as do men….The only thing a man can’t do is have a child…
    but help in raising them.

I think it’s a myth and only invented by the western culture
    For their controlling needs within the government.

10. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

I see what your saying Watz. As far as the rape trial though, as seen in the Kobe case...you have to see where the woman's head is. Women will lie about being raped because they might be bitter that a man doesn't want a relationship other than sex or they might be lying for other reasons. I agree, it does make it hard for women to feel as though reporting it will benefit them, but men have the right to have the so-called victims personal life as a factor unfortunately in order to get the fairest trial possible. With the workplace, men should not have the greenlight to say whatever, but men don't even have to say something directly to a woman to get fired or have action taken. If a woman hears something that offends her (whether he said it to her or not) that's his ***. On the other hand, women talk just as dirty as men on the job, but no one says anything regarding that. If they did speak up people would just tell him to "man up". I know that we are affected by government, but as far as government positions and things like that, we really aren't involved first hand. Well, some might be, but not many. Nor do I want to be. :lol: