Black People : IS THIS NOT ROBBERY?

DA BROTHER LOVE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 30, 2004
Ok now check this situation out. This has happened to people I know all the time here in MD/DC. It is so wrong I just gotta speak on it... In a nutshell, the situation is this...

For whatever reason, the feds press you out, and do a search on you... after searching you, they find that you have 500 cash on you... the police ask you where you work.... and then ask if you have proof.... you tell them where you work, but you dont have any papers that can prove it... so they confiscate your hard earned money and claim that it is drug money... OK is this not a robbery?

As I understand it, robbery occurs when physical harm is threatened in return for money... So when the cops walk up on you with guns and take your money, is that not the same thing? What makes it OK for them to take our property/cash from us? Because they are cops?

Another situation that I hear alot about is with these little children that have their parents buying them cell phones... Ok, now I used to work in a cell phone store, and Ive had 3 different kids come in with this story about police taking their cell phones, and claiming that the cell phone is stolen... So the police take the cell phones from these teary eyed kids, and are told that they will never get it back. Therefore the parents that bought the cell phone, has to come and buy a whole new cell phone... This is one of the lowest forms of abusive power Ive heard of robbing children now...

These are the people that good ol Dubya Bush would like to paint as "heroes"? To me they aint nothing more than legal thugs...

When will people start to realize that "serve and protect" slogan is a sham... They are not here to protect civilians... they are here to protect the government.

is this not robbery...

DA BROTHER LOVE said:
Ok now check this situation out. This has happened to people I know all the time here in MD/DC. It is so wrong I just gotta speak on it... In a nutshell, the situation is this...

For whatever reason, the feds press you out, and do a search on you... after searching you, they find that you have 500 cash on you... the police ask you where you work.... and then ask if you have proof.... you tell them where you work, but you dont have any papers that can prove it... so they confiscate your hard earned money and claim that it is drug money... OK is this not a robbery?

As I understand it, robbery occurs when physical harm is threatened in return for money... So when the cops walk up on you with guns and take your money, is that not the same thing? What makes it OK for them to take our property/cash from us? Because they are cops?

Another situation that I hear alot about is with these little children that have their parents buying them cell phones... Ok, now I used to work in a cell phone store, and Ive had 3 different kids come in with this story about police taking their cell phones, and claiming that the cell phone is stolen... So the police take the cell phones from these teary eyed kids, and are told that they will never get it back. Therefore the parents that bought the cell phone, has to come and buy a whole new cell phone... This is one of the lowest forms of abusive power Ive heard of robbing children now...

These are the people that good ol Dubya Bush would like to paint as "heroes"? To me they aint nothing more than legal thugs...

When will people start to realize that "serve and protect" slogan is a sham... They are not here to protect civilians... they are here to protect the government.
good post,i too live in the dc-md area and have been stopped by the cops once or twice and the thing that gets me is the arrogance even though i wasn't the person they wanted there was no apology for stopping me in the first place,i hate arrogance.

the majority of the police have no regard for black life especially when its black males, most police officers join the police force to attack black males it really has nothing to do with up holding the law, we as black people hafe to be aware of this and protect ourselves, most of the time its not safe for us to walk the streets on our own not even for 15 year old black boys. Sooner or later we gon hafe to look into these issues in order to protect ourselves

I wouldn't put anything past them....

For whatever reason, the feds press you out, and do a search on you... after searching you, they find that you have 500 cash on you... the police ask you where you work.... and then ask if you have proof.... you tell them where you work, but you dont have any papers that can prove it... so they confiscate your hard earned money and claim that it is drug money... OK is this not a robbery? Yes indeed it is a robbery, an intimidation tactic more than anything else. I, too, went through a similiar situation. One day after purchasing a new vehicle, I decided to sell another car of mine. A 92 SHO-Taurus. The car had some mechanical problems, so I decided to let it go for $350. The very same night, I was pulled over by a demon on a bike (Highway Patrol) for supposedly cruising. Hey, I was enjoying my new ride:look:. Since I was "cruising" in a non-cruising zone, and the a$$hole didn't find me to be on probation/parole, never been arrested, and no warrants, riding legit on top of that, the demon asked me where I worked, I told him where, and that I also attended college. At this point, I guess his racial profile on me turned out a flop, so he went to my passenger side of my shiny new Scrape, and opened my glove compartment. Lo and behold his eyes popped out of his skull. He saw my stash of cash and asked what was I doing with that much money, and no receipt or check stub. I explained to him I had just sold a car to a friend....so he asks me: "why is all the money in 20 bills?". At this point I knew where things were going. I explained to him the buyer of the car withdrew the cash from an ATM machine. He took my $350 and stated: "I have reason to believe this is drug money.", and told me he'll let me go, and not give me a ticket for "cruising". Ain't that about a bia! I was bleeding out the ears, and turned habanero. This was one of the series of events that confirmed there is "someone watching me". Strange cars parked down the street from my house, Financial hardships within the system, and above all...Children's Protective Service (CPS) calls being made by anonymous callers (all unsubstantiated)...oh and...4 Sheriffs showing up to my door with a fake warrant claiming they have reason to believe I was selling w**d out of my apartment. Yes, they turned mu apartment upside down, and found nada darn thing. SM(D)H. Look, I have never touched a drug, nor made any transactions, and never will. Once again, to no avail, they found NOTHING. I guess it is true that the FBI and other gov. agencies have a file on all Black Americans. Some of them try so hard to corrupt the credibility of an upstanding Black person in society. The above events are just the tip of the iceberg compared to other haps.

As I understand it, robbery occurs when physical harm is threatened in return for money... So when the cops walk up on you with guns and take your money, is that not the same thing? Yes. What makes it OK for them to take our property/cash from us? Because they are cops? I've heard stories where a person would get booked with a few hundred $$ on them, and leave with nothing.

Another situation that I hear alot about is with these little children that have their parents buying them cell phones... Ok, now I used to work in a cell phone store, and Ive had 3 different kids come in with this story about police taking their cell phones, and claiming that the cell phone is stolen... That is the ultimate betrayal. If, in these instances, (and I'm sure many more) the law fails to protect, RESPECT and serve; what incentive will the youth have to respect adults? So the police take the cell phones from these teary eyed kids, and are told that they will never get it back. Therefore the parents that bought the cell phone, has to come and buy a whole new cell phone... --->This is one of the lowest forms of abusive power Ive heard of robbing children now...<---Sadly, I agree.

These are the people that good ol Dubya Bush would like to paint as "heroes"? To me they aint nothing more than legal thugs... They are humans with badges. No one officer is exempt from lawlessness.

When will people start to realize that "serve and protect" slogan is a sham... They are not here to protect civilians... they are here to protect the government. Yes, they are here to protect the gov. by CONTROLLING the citizens.

Here we go again....*sighs*.....

:pc: Yet another attempt to destroy Spicy and her family..lol...

Just as I told of the above series of events that happened over a period of a couple of years...the attacks spur on:

Just today as my fiance was driving my daughter home from school, 3 Sheriffs cars popped from out of nowhere and, followed my man two blocks from daughter's school until he got home (with my daughter in the car..), and hit the sirens as he pulled into our parking spot. The officers told my daughter to go into the house(luckily). As soon as she closed the door behind her; two officers drew their guns on him, and said: "You fit the description of a robbery suspect, Latino/Cuban/Hispanic....who sped of in a mid-90's white Buick on chrome rims (we have an OLDS on chrome rims, which is a newer model:rolleyes:). Nevermind my tags are expired by 1 week:blush:, and I cancelled my insurance, due to a shady co., they just felt the need to 'eff' with a young Brother who appeared to have his ish together. I'm like: "Dizaam, if you want a nice car, gwon ahead and put some cool 22's on your ish, beat it out and leave us be!". Don't sit up there in a sweltering hot squad car.....pot-bellied.....all miserable.....eyeballing innocent folks, hatin' with donut crumbs and Starbucks cups all over the front seat: listening to scratch on the radio all day:coffee:

Anyhoo, they waited until he pulled onto our apartment's property so they can harrass and run everybody in the house for warrants, they started to run me, but I gave them this spicy look.......

All the while I'm peeping out my front door, and they started asking my man if there was Meth, Weed, Cocaine in the house.....what in the heeber-jeebers does this have to do with why they pulled him over? C'mon naw!

So then when his warrant check came up negative, suddenly they claimed he was speeding (going 35 in a school zone). SMH, that was unsubstantiated, they had no speed radar!

I just stood there and watched all 6 of them sweating my man, and baffled over which race he is. I guess they eased up when my man said he wasn't a Brother (darned if ya do, darned if ya don't) :lol:, and shared the same last name as one of the officers who happened to be Latino....

Now as I'm peeping out my front door watching all this drama, bleeding out the ears; I didn't hear any other patrol car sirens, nor helicopters searching for a SUSPECT!

They decided to hand my man's ID back to him, let him go, shook his hand and apologized for the 'inconvenience'.....*shudders*. Pulling a gun is not inconvenience, it's a threat to ones life.

See, I moved to a more affluent neighborhood so my daughter wouldn't have to witness this type of drama. Ones reputation can be forever tarnished once the law shows up at your house:nono:

What I'd really like to know is: how likely is it that a man will rob somebody who is on foot, with a child in the back seat...say he did rob somebody; insted of following him for a few blocks, why didn't the officers hit their sirens and pull my man over immediately? If I were to report this (which I will), the officers would have a load of explaining to do. They can keep on doling out their triflilocities towards us, I guess they don't mind paying to "play".

My attitude toward law enforcement is shifting....too many of them are:explode:

Please tell me we're not the only folks experiencing this. I've heard of racial profiling, but like this?! This may be a drop in the bucket compared to what other Brothers and Sisters endure, but I've had it up to here with this madness. What is it?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back