Black Women : Is this mom right to charge her 5-year-old daughter rent?

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
The five dollars would better serve as a deposit into a savings account rather than a lesson lost by charging a five(5) yr. old rent ... :facepalm:

Is this mom right to charge her 5-year-old daughter rent?

c28d3cb0-ce24-11e7-be6c-cb362d2e5414_MarieDorking.JPG.cf.jpg

Marie Claire Dorking
Yahoo Lifestyle

... Essence Evans revealed that she gives her little one $7 pocket money every week but makes her give back $5 to illustrate the money she’d have to pay toward bills when she’s older. Note that the Facebook post in which Evans explained all this is no longer available.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-right-charge-5-year-old-daughter-rent-151322394.html
6bfa2c00fb586bba24465b93499c490e

If she actually places the money in a savings account for the child, then she is not really charging her daughter rent. What she is doing is teaching her daughter how money works in the world, but in the end the daughter should receive that money back with some interest (depending on what sort of account the mother put it in) when she is better able to use it.

I love it. Wish I had thought of it when my son was 5 years old,
Mom gives her $7 and takes $5 for rent. $2 is enough for a 5 year old.
Teaching the value of a dollar and preparing her for the future.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back