Black People : Is This Just My Experence?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, May 23, 2007.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I went to a grocery store here that is supposed to have the best fresh produce in town. I had already sworn off tangerines because the ones I bought before were so dry. So I bought seven oranges for $.99 each (yes, I am serious).These oranges I bought yesterday had really thick skins but from the outside looked good and juicy, nice orange color and all. But inside there was hardly any juice in them and the flesh was wrinkled from the lack of juice. I peeled another orange, It had a little more juice but was still kinda dry in places. A piece of orange fell off my plate and was laying on the table cloth where I could not see it. An hour later I picked something up that felt like a biscuit. Wait a minute I haven't had any biscuits. What is this? Then I realized it was a half of the oranges I had thrown out an hour earlier.

Here I am trying to eat healthy by staying away from meat and smaddy's out there messing with my oranges, . This is very frustrating. I may be divine in nature but I live in a physical body that needs food to survive on this planet. I feel I am teetering on the outer edge of homeostasis yet I know my brothas and sistas in the motherland went over the edge long ago and live there. Still they survive and we will too.

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    this is the result

of genetically modified foods

yea when i was a kid oranges were juicy with a thin skin

now the skin is about a 1 1/2 inches thick

and with a little dry piece of orange in the middle

with no sweet taste

rather bland

if a So'ja may say that

lol'

.99 PER orange?

and i thought prices were high in NY

i haven't purchase a dozen oranges in awhile

maybe i need to see what there charging around here

lol

when i have purchase one lone orange

i think they charged me .75

HEY RIVER

THEY DON'T CHARGE BY THE POUND FOR PRODUCE?

wow

what a rip-off man

and the customer get the shaft

peace Sister River

[email protected]

3. Sha'iyn

Sha'iyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    construction
    i live in TushKauLoosa Ali Baba or Tuscaloosa, Ala
    Ratings:
    +8
    hi, this is sha'iyn. i empathize with the orange situation. i have been doing some research on fruits and vegetables' correlation with geographical significance. well, i stay in alabama and we have produce stands and farms all around. the soil is near the gulf of mexico which is fished in and taken care of. i don't think there's tooooo many dead bodies in there (not nowadays). as you may know, the best oranges are said to come from florida, california, georgia and as far as south america. just look at the features as you get closer to the equator. ya'll need to quit playing and transfer your jobs, pack your bags, and move to this new south where everybody's grandmother is from, feel me! we are waking up too!: