Black People : Is this a race thing, a gender thing, or a parent thing?

ManicRaider

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 15, 2011
In the past
I know that my posts are notorious for being a little "out there" and this is mostly going to be another one. Here's the thing, when I'm out shopping and I walk past a white woman (or couple) with kids, I always notice that they call them in closer. I'm not walking inappropriately close to them, just walking the proper distance like everyone else. I never see this happen when a white guy walks past them.

In the present
Yesterday, me and my sister were out shopping and this happened. But I don't see how the lady even saw me, because my sister was near them, but not me. This is why I assume it's a black thing, because she saw my sister and called them in closer. So this has me wondering, is it a race thing (me and my sister being black), a gender thing (people cautious of men being around their kids), or a parent thing (parents just do this for safety).

Side note
Btw, I understand fully why a parent would call their kids closer to them in public. However, I find it weird that you'd let them run off in a crowed, public area and as soon as a stranger comes, you scream for them to get over to you. It makes no sense. You and your kids are not the only ones in that store. Why not just keep them close by default?

In the past
I know that my posts are notorious for being a little "out there" and this is mostly going to be another one. Here's the thing, when I'm out shopping and I walk past a white woman (or couple) with kids, I always notice that they call them in closer. I'm not walking inappropriately close to them, just walking the proper distance like everyone else. I never see this happen when a white guy walks past them.

In the present
Yesterday, me and my sister were out shopping and this happened. But I don't see how the lady even saw me, because my sister was near them, but not me. This is why I assume it's a black thing, because she saw my sister and called them in closer. So this has me wondering, is it a race thing (me and my sister being black), a gender thing (people cautious of men being around their kids), or a parent thing (parents just do this for safety).

Side note
Btw, I understand fully why a parent would call their kids closer to them in public. However, I find it weird that you'd let them run off in a crowed, public area and as soon as a stranger comes, you scream for them to get over to you. It makes no sense. You and your kids are not the only ones in that store. Why not just keep them close by default?

I would draw the babies closer too, if they were happening upon strangers in public.

The children would be in the way of others, folk gotta walk on 'em, and they are not safe.

So like you said ... it should be by default ... but parents aren't perfect.

It is a parenting thing and I think your posts are great!

Welcome Home!

:heart:

Destee

Not enough info. You can usually tell when it's a race thing

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back