Black People : Is there TOO much focus race admixture instead of one being a sellout?

lce

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2010
Peace!

I've been noticing many posts lately far too much focused on one's ethnic make-up versus their stance on issues with Africans throughout the Diaspora. IMHO, we need to focus on the deeds and decisions being made by those who are of African ancestary versus if their mother was white. It's like giving Clarence Thomas a pass because he looks as if he could have been Marcus Garvey's youngest brother, but hating on El-Hajj-Malik El' Shabazz due to his lighter hue.. What do yall think? BTW, let's keep it clean and 100!~

-L

I thnk it's all about opening up our trained mind and seeing the whole picture.
Meaning we have to see things and ponder on subjects from a 21st century mind.
There is no more seperation just like their has never been a seperation of Church And Stae.
We in ths together no matter who that "gether" is!
Work on getting Our individual minds to a point of loving others curectly so we can see others for their indivdual selves.
Light vs Dark was born beore US was here that's just a fact of life!
But you can do withit what you want! We do tend to overdue carring on about vid girls preferences etc. But ths's just our cultures debate! I sometimes wish I was darker:) JK I Am blk Souled! Blk sellout lofl Words got us all in ths position!
Change your views and overstanding and make it about how you think about things and not erebody else!!
May have got off topic but it's all good!
Enjoyed your post. Short but Keeping it 100! I look like Nikki by the way;)

Peace candeesweet! I agree, we care too much about the silliest isht, and forgo paying attention to details that would improve our economic and social position. It's like in the underrated movie "District 9" (YALL, it's a must see!!), we're focused on trading in our ammo for cat food and ignoring the fact that we are STILL in bondage as well as our brethren who have the key to freedom.

As far as the light vs Dark issue with our own, who got us analyzing & separating ourselves by it? IMHO, the light vs dark along with all other divisive discussions should be eliminated. We need to focus on the 1st law of nature then our communities abroad. I'm going off on a tangent but it's like when you see bumper stickers saying "Save the elephants". They're focusing on a symptom of the problem of the people who are resulting into destroying the elephants for it's miniscule tusks, which are due to the countries economy being "tanked" by the IMF and the EU's policies. F the elephants, get old fade out your land and your minds, then the elephants won't NEED to be killed to sustain their families lives.

"Swine on your mind and pork on your fork..." - O.D.B.

-L

Waste of time or not, folks are gonna get off heavily on some subjects and lightly (if at all) on others.

Ice,

You mentioned IMF and inferred about the global economy/affairs. A number of us here on Destee create threads dealing with said issues. For whatever reason, they just don't get much play.

Peace Raptor.

I've been noticing that....sad. Point taken.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back