Black Spirituality Religion : Is There One Creator ?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Hello Everyone,

I've been browsing the forum, and this question came to my mind.

With so many of us, thinking so many different ways when it comes to Spirituality / Religion, do we all agree that there is only one Creator?

I think there is only one Creator.

I've likened it to the spokes in a wheel, with God being the center, and each spoke a way (Islam, Christianity, ATR, etc.) to that center.

Whatchall think?

Is there one Creator?

:heart:

Destee

ps ... but gosh, as i think on this ... there may be two ... a God and Goddess. I don't know. Oh gosh. Have i opened a can of worms? This was suppose to be simple! I thought i'd found something we all might agree on! :eeek: Let's try to stay focused on the original question. :)

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    This is an excellent question beloved.

To answer your question I think the best thing for me to do would be to take a page or two from what the Gnostics said about the topic.

According to Gnostic lore, there is a true or real, ultimate and transcendant God, who's beyond all created universes and who never created anything in the sense the word "create" is usually understood.

This true God did not fashion or create anything. He/She emanated a substance contained in all worlds, visible and invisible, also known as All in All.

In addition and conversely, many portions of this original essence have been projected so far from their original source that they became 'inbalanced"

Alongside the True God we have what is called Aeons, intermediate beings between the true God and Human beings. Together with the true God the Aeons comprise a concept known as fullness, in contrast to emptiness.

One of the Major Aeons, known as Sophia emanated a being of flawed or incomplete conciousness, a being who became the creator of the material and psychic realm, the reflection of his own flaw.

He was ignorant of his own origins and thought he was the ultimate and absolute God. Since he contained the existing divine essence (from the emanation of sophia) and fashioned it into various forms, he is known as the half maker or Demiurge. The authentic half, the component of the true God, within creation, is no recognized by the Demiurge and his cosmic co-horts, known as the Archons or rulers.

Does this sound familiar family?

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    True indeed, it does.

To answer Destee's Q, there is only one true Creator, but definitely in the sense that our brother has elucidated here.

PEACE

4. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    I don't know much about polytheism, but I do think it makes sense at some point that there is a finite, 'ultimate' God that created everything... even the gods/goddesses that created other things.

Do I personally believe that there are other gods besides this final God? Why not? I came across an article where someone was talking about how at the highest level of the astral plane, you can become one with God...if this is true, at this level you may have god-like powers. This level of the astral plane would house the gods and goddesses that other cultures believe in.

5. EVE

EVE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Theres only one Creator.
    Jesus said that in His house (church) their are many mansions. Mansions here mean people. So you could use this as the wheel, and the different religions being the spokes. Jesus also said that He would pour out His Spirit on all nations, tongues.ect. Thinking when we get to Heaven, some are gonna be shocked to see who all is there. :)

6. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I like this perspective. It's one that is totally different from the usual exclusitivity and elitism that Christians attempt to claim for themselves, as they strive to monopolize God's attention (as if that is even remotely possible).

I wish more Christians thought the way you do, Sister, and then perhaps I might have alot more respect for Christianity.

PEACE

7. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Well, even Christianity believes that there are different parts of God.

8. neon44

neon44 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I believe that there's one God, but many deities that can be considered god's by our mortal perspective. The bible mentions that angels are ordered in a hiearchy, some angels having more power than others (i.e. Seraphim and Cherubim being the highest) these angels have dominion over certain aspects of life which may appears to us as god.
    Mathematically there has to be one supreme or source, it's possible to trasend high as the source, but then you'll simply merge into the source. Hence the term "be one with God".
    IMHO

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    True indeed.

This celestial heirarchy is the very same as the deities in other systems, such as the Kemetic and Hindu Deities.

However, the myth or misconception about these systems, is that these deities somehow have a power and presence separate from the others, and that they each have powers and presences separate from the whole.

This is a falsehood; their presense and collective powers work the same way as those Angels in the Bible that you mentioned.

There is only one Creator; always has been, always will be.

PEACE

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace my Queen,

- Like the many branches on a tree, man may seek to feel his/her way around thru different religions (systems), but that tree has but only one ROOT!!

When a seed of tree is planted the root is sent downward b4 it comes up thru the ground. While uderneath, it connects with other roots that have also been planted to become one.....

Surely, nature is our best example and witness to the oneness of the creator & his/her marvelous creation! For without the goddess there could be no god! Again, I look to nature for the answer to this as well and I see the duality all around the animal kingdom & in the plants & creatures of the sea. Even the frog, whom I believe can take on both nature's.

Help me here family, but do they not say of Ankhenaten that he had the shape of a female, yet he was/is and Egyptian God and introduced the oneness concept of God with the symbol as a sun disc with 19 rays coming out of it. #19 representing (1) = GOD (9) = WOMB which is why in the Qu'ran we find the 19th Surah (chapter) is called Mary'am, for the mother of Jesus, representing what she had in her womb............I say this, just to show the connection & how relative all of our religious stories are to each other & they all connect underground at the same ROOT (GOD)!!!!!!!!!!!

- Unity is a beautiful thing!!

Peace and love my Queen & thank you for the question.............