Black Spirituality Religion : Is There Any Thing Sacred Left ?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, May 13, 2011.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Has white supremacy left us any thing sacred?

I remember a time when we would never speak ugly about those that are dead.

I remember a time when we would never speak ugly about our own Mother, Father, GrandMother, etc.

But those days are obviously gone, for you can see this all over the Internet now.

It blows my mind, to hear folk talking about their own Mother, while simultaneously talking Black Unity.

When a person will talk ugly about their own Momma, Daddy, GrandParents, and those before them ... to total strangers ... nothing can be sacred.

It appears that everything sacred has been stripped from us, and we are now acting like some other kind of people.

Nothing is sacred. Every thing is fair game for our assaults, our crab in the barrel mentality, against each other.

Nothing is sacred ... it's as if we are doomed ... :bye:

:heart:

Destee

2. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Isn't everything sacred since everything is of/from the Prime Creator?

3. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    For many nothing is sacred!

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689

If Black People are equal to all other people, yet we depend on other people for all things, are we equal?

If a tree falls in the woods, and nobody hears it, does it make any noise?

If everything is sacred, but many spit on it, is it still sacred?

I reckon.

Love You!

Destee

5. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    I think that a lot has to do with respect. The U.S. has lost respect for every thing, except money. So our people have done the same for the most part. Though not quite completly. I feel we have lost respect for ourselves as well.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689

Yes Brother Corvo ... i think we've taken on the Spirit of our oppressors ... becoming some other kind of people.

It's part of the dynamic of this force, white supremacy, having us treat each other the way they treat us.

It's everywhere. I cringe every time I hear someone talking about their own Momma, yet claiming to love Black People.

It's psychotic, and very very sad for us.

I hope we're able to overcome it, resist it, return to that which we must know in our hearts, is the way to be.

Love You! :grouphug:

Destee

7. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    That loss of respect is but a by product of something far deeper--loss of respectability.

In Africa we respected our elders because age really meant wisdom and morality. In the United States we grow old often without acquiring much of any of this. Now we see people who think they can act anyway they want then demand the respect they can no longer command.

I'm not talking about people who just like to gossip. or play the dozens about their own mothers. To speak ugly language towards anyone is a reflection on the speaker not the person spoken of. But there are mothers who beat their children mercilessly, take the anger hey feel towards the father out on their male children or otherwise act less than loving and wise towards the child still wants to hide behind the sacredness of motherhood. I'm your mother, you have to respect me. Do as I say not as I do. That just doesn't work any more if it ever did.

Sacredness should be the respect we give to people who carry themselves respectably not a license people can use to do whatever.

8. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    so what if your mother was like this man's mother?:

A Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive is Dave Pelzer's autobiographical account of his alleged abuse as a child by an alcoholic mother, Catherine Roerva. It was published on September 1, 1995.

Surviving a childhood of not only severe abuse by his mother, but the apparent apathy to his plight by his father, Pelzer suffered one of the most severe documented cases of child abuse in California history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Child_Called_"It"

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689

Yes Sister Amnat ... many feel justified in talking ugly about their Mommas ... and may even be justified in doing so.

I don't know anything about that kind of living, and find it very difficult to imagine growing up under.

My parents made decisions that i did not like, did things i did not like, but i will never talk ugly about them.

For those that feel they must ... my heart aches for them.

Thanks for sharing.

Love You!

Destee

10. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Well we can still empathize, and put ourselves in another shoes, this is an, ability which separates us from the animals of our planet- every body has it...

so if your mother named you 'IT', and had you live under a staircase for the first 7 years of your life would you still see her as 'sacred'?

should siblings of this child, who died in the most horrific manner consider their mother 'sacred'?

DAYTON, Ohio - Jurors in an Ohio woman's third trial found her guilty Friday of burning her baby daughter to death in a microwave oven.

China Arnold, 31, was convicted of aggravated murder in the death of 28-day-old Paris Talley in August 2005. Arnold could receive the death penalty. The sentencing phase will begin Monday.

Arnold's first trial ended in a mistrial. She was found guilty in the second trial, but that conviction was reversed last fall. An appeals court found there was misconduct by prosecutors and that the trial court made an error by not allowing a material witness to testify in Arnold's defense

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...crowave-baby-death-verdict.html#ixzz1MJN6Xqiw