Black People Politics : Is There Any Issue More Important Than Fighting Against Mass Incarceration?

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
LOL No, no, no! That message was for Chuck. He literally "follows" me. There is a function on the board that allows members to follow other members, Since my first day here I was notified that he is following me. Ain't that "speshul"?

I guess he is a Psychiatrist, or he has mental telepathy, because he analyzes each of my posts and then tells what I am thinking, and what he wants me to think instead.

You know, some men have that time of the month, too.

OK. I don't see his post.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
At what age the brain development is a scientific project relative to all people. Somehow over the years this project has been falsely been reported as being focused on Blacks.

I have never seen this information presented race specific. It applies to the development of the brain of all humans. I am waiting for Willa to explain the point of her post.

Liberty

Banned
Aug 28, 2015
Marco Rubio and Hillary Clinton Accepted Almost the Same Amount of Prison Lobbyist Donations

......One little-known fact this year is that Hillary Clinton and Marco Rubio have benefited from prison lobbyist money. In fact, they've taken almost the same amount of contributions from major prison lobbyists. Clinton's campaign has received
$133,246 while Rubio's campaign accepted $133,450 from the prison lobby.

According to a Vice News
piece titled How Private Prisons Are Profiting From Locking Up US Immigrants, Hillary Clinton and Marco Rubio have taken virtually the same amount of donations from the two most influential prison lobbyists in the U.S.:

VICE reviewed federal campaign disclosures and found that lobbying firms linked to GEO and CCA have already contributed more than $288,300 to three of the leading candidates.

Clinton's Ready for Hillary PAC received $133,246 from lobbying firms linked to GEO and CCA. Rubio's PACs and campaign have taken a total of $133,450 from private prison companies or groups that lobby on their behalf. Bush's campaign and his Right to Rise Super PAC have received $21,700 from lobbying groups affiliated with GEO and CCA.

"These companies are investing their money for a reason," said Bob Libal, the executive director of Grassroots Leadership, a group that fights to end for-profit incarceration. "That reason is to maintain policies that benefit them."

.....5 times as many Whites are using drugs as African Americans, yet African Americans are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of Whites

African Americans represent 12% of the total population of drug users, but 38% of those arrested for drug offenses, and 59% of those in state prison for a drug offense.

Read more
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/marco-rubio-and-hillary-clinton-accepted_b_9191868.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
candeesweet Black Positive People : More black males commited on the issue. Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Relationships : New Book Claims the Destruction of Black Relationships Is 'America's Unrecognized Civil Rights Issue' Black Relationships 0
C Black People : The Issue Reparation/Repatriation Black People Open Forum 0
HODEE Black People : 8 Can’f Wait ___ Was Created by Campaign Zero, A Police Reform Campaign - NOT A US AGAINST THEM ISSUE Black People Open Forum 18
R Black Poetry : See jive that be alive like living tissue giving the issue a pay attention look not tof mention hook Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Black Lives Matter is right to say Climate Change is a Race Issue Science and Technology 39
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Scott Walker Fumbles On America's Race Issue - Meet Sheriff David Clarke Black People Politics 6
RAPTOR Black Money Business Jobs : Stopping the Trans-Pacific Partnership is a “Black Issue” Black Money Business Jobs 18
skuderjaymes Black People : The issue of Race; Phil Donahue (Full Episode) Black People Open Forum 1
John Williams Black Spirituality Religion : Did Eve have an ego issue in the garden? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
SAMURAI36 Violaters / Violations : Issue Violators and Violations (Possible Ones) 0
KMeister Health and Wellness : Jahi McMath: Life and Death Issue Black Health and Wellness 3
skuderjaymes Audio Video Web Conferencing : The Issue of Colorism - Dr. Cheryl Grills Audio Video Web Conferencing 3
jamesfrmphilly Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : "O" hair issue….. Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 12
blazejay Black People : Why integration is a major roadblock than a solution to our issue's on race? Black People Open Forum 9
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Pres. obama spoke to the latino community about a pressing issue... Black People Politics 0
MS234 Black People : Florida authorities ready to issue arrest warrant for Trayvon Martin's killer: report Black People Open Forum 10
Each1teach1 Black People : Time Magazine Dec Issue Censored in America Black People Open Forum 3
Ankhur Black People : Is Black Nationalism a Dead Issue? Black People Open Forum 24
Ankhur Black People : Class Difference, a Growing Issue Black People Open Forum 9
B Black People : Why do black people take issue with Bill Cosby's comments Black People Open Forum 97
Ankhur Black People : Campus rapes issue goes unreported by corporate media Black People Open Forum 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Hypocrisy Of America On The Issue Of Racism Chief Elder Osiris 1
P Black Education / Schools : Until parents deal with the issue of proper nutrition Black Education / Schools 1
P Black People : Bigger issue in Pakistan then chaseing Bin Laden, institutional Racism Black People Open Forum 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Why Black People Are Timid When The Issue Is Religion Chief Elder Osiris 1
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Why Is Reparation The Most Neglected Issue by Black Leadership ? Chief Elder Osiris 1
G Black Poetry : THE ISSUE Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WHO DETERMINE WHEN RACE IS NO LONGER AN ISSUE IN AMERICA Chief Elder Osiris 6
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : RACIAL RACISM IS NOT AN ISSUE IN AMERICA, IT IS A FACT IN AMERICA !!! Chief Elder Osiris 5
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WHY DO AMERICANS RUN FROM AND DISTORT THE ISSUE OF RACE IN AMERICA ? Chief Elder Osiris 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : UNTIL AMERICA CAN CLAIM TO HAVE MOVED BEYOND RACE, AMERICA MUST DEAL WITH THE ISSUE O Chief Elder Osiris 2
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : WHY BLACK PEOPLE ARE AFRAID OF THE ISSUE REPARATION ??? Chief Elder Osiris 4
G For Once: Get Real! Health Issue for African American Men Black Health and Wellness 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Issue Is Chattel Slavery, It's Not About Apology, But Repentance And Pay Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Hypocrisy Of Black And White America When the Issue Is Race Chief Elder Osiris 0
Sekhemu Pan Africanism : The slavery issue: Crisis in Black Leadership African American History Culture 6
D Black Entertainment : lots of pictures of Beyonce from Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue Black Entertainment 1
PurpleMoons Black Education / Schools : Home Schooler's Issue's! Black Education / Schools 5
King Tubbs Black Entertainment : Roy Innis Alarmed by Quote of Kanye West in December 2006 Issue of Essence Magazine Black Entertainment 6
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : The Most Fundamental Issue Facing Afrikan People is Religion !!! Chief Elder Osiris 0
P Black People : Post-flood city deals with race issue Black People Open Forum 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Black People Will Never Unite Toward A Specific Issue Or cause Chief Elder Osiris 0
Destee Black People : Race Not an Issue With Police Black People Open Forum 11
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Issue of Leadership Black People Open Forum 0
D Pan Africanism : Racial incident in Maine town fuels local discussion of issue African American History Culture 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : To Hell With america Apology, The Issue Is Reparation!!! Chief Elder Osiris 4
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Reparation, An Issue Yet To Be Truthfully Defined Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Reparation An Issue In Shambles Chief Elder Osiris 0
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : A Covert Effort To Assassinate The Issue Of Reparation Chief Elder Osiris 2