Black People Politics : Is There Any Issue More Important Than Fighting Against Mass Incarceration?

I believe I see where you're going with this, but...

Environment and education are also related. Notice good schools tend to be in good neighborhoods. Neighborhoods where there's a higher education rate there are less violence and drug related crimes. This is not coincidence. The higher your education the more likely you are to surround yourself with better people in better places. You don't get a doctorate and live in the projects. Just google the best cities in America. They all have the same thing going for them. Well paying jobs, great health care, public involvement in politics, and high ranked education. All those things go hand in hand.

While a doctorate may be asking a bit much from people who hardly see themselves graduating high school, but it is achievable to get an associates or a bachelors given all the resources for poverty stricken people, especially single mothers on welfare, and those people need to start believing in that. It'd benefit everyone.

And yea, education isn't everything... A friend of mine has two parents who hold masters degrees, a grandfather with a doctorate, and she herself is a college graduate, but she too ended up in a mental hospital. Three times. She's also bipolar, so there's that. No, education doesn't fix everything, but it helps. If she didn't read everyday and socialize with people in an educated setting she'd lose her mind. Schizophrenics who can't stimulate their brain either through books music television or whatever it is that keeps them in a good place, lose their minds. Ignorance never helped anyone, especially poor people. Hence, why the stay poor. Or stay wife beaters, drug addicts, thieves, or dealers. They have no good sense cause no one taught them any better. Good environments don't come to people, people have to get to that environment and they can't do it without money. How do you get money to get out? You have to educate yourself. You don't have to go to college or any type of learning facility per say. You can build your own. But however you do it you have to know what you're doing. So again, I say, education.

I get what you're saying, but, you'd be surprised how many people rise from the projects and get their Phd. They aren't the norm, of course. They are people who had parents and role models who impressed upon them that it was possible. Oprah, came from humble beginnings, so did Ben Carson and Jay-Z, and countless others, I could go on.

But, that doesn't mean the schools aren't a wreck. I agree 100% that our kids deserve better. And, everyone can't afford public schools, or moving to a neighborhood that has good schools.

I hear the Dems talking, but, I am skeptical to believe they will make significant changes, they have been promising to fix the schools forever...

"But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,

Telling how you are gonna change right from wrong,

Cause if you really want to hear our views,

You haven't done nothing"

--Stevie Wonder

I get what you're saying, but, you'd be surprised how many people rise from the projects and get their Phd. They aren't the norm, of course. They are people who had parents and role models who impressed upon them that it was possible. Oprah, came from humble beginnings, so did Ben Carson and Jay-Z, and countless others, I could go on.

But, that doesn't mean the schools aren't a wreck. I agree 100% that our kids deserve better. And, everyone can't afford public schools, or moving to a neighborhood that has good schools.

I hear the Dems talking, but, I am skeptical to believe they will make significant changes, they have been promising to fix the schools forever...

"But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,

Telling how you are gonna change right from wrong,

Cause if you really want to hear our views,

You haven't done nothing"

--Stevie Wonder
Please don't put Jay-Z in the same category of those other luminaries. First Jay-Z never graduated from high school. Second, Jay-Z was a drug dealer before he became a rapper.

Please don't put Jay-Z in the same category of those other luminaries. First Jay-Z never graduated from high school. Second, Jay-Z was a drug dealer before he became a rapper.

And, Oprah was once a crack head. Carson tried to hit his own Mother in the head with a hammer. And, he tried to stab a boy because he changed the radio station. The only reason the boy was saved was because Carson's knife broke when it met the other boy's belt buckle.

I stand by my post.

Don't you ever tire of this Kindergarten School Teacher stuff?

*smile*

And, Oprah was once a crack head. Carson tried to hit his own Mother in the head with a hammer. And, he tried to stab a boy because he changed the radio station. The only reason the boy was saved was because Carson's knife broke when it met the other boy's belt buckle.

I stand by my post.

Don't you ever tire of this Kindergarten School Teacher stuff?

*smile*

Carson's attacks were attempts that did not succeed, and also his mother contradicted him and stated that it was she that tried to hit him with a hammer. Oprah's actions were self-inflicted harm through addiction. Jay-Z's actions very successful in causing harm to others as a crack cocaine dealer. No only did he harm buyers, but he quite possibly indirectly harmed the families of the buyers. Also, again both Oprah and Carson not only graduated form high school, but also college. Jay-Z graduated from neither. You may find Jay-Z a fine example of overcoming for your child or children, but I definitely would not hold up Jay-Z as a role model for any child in my family.

Your last quip shows that evidently you tire of someone challenging your statements. A simple solution to your problem is to ignore anyone who does not agree with you, if simple disagreements exasperate you.

*genuine smile*

Carson's attacks were attempts that did not succeed, and also his mother contradicted him and stated that it was she that tried to hit him with a hammer. Oprah's actions were self-inflicted harm through addiction. Jay-Z's actions very successful in causing harm to others as a crack cocaine dealer. No only did he harm buyers, but he quite possibly indirectly harmed the families of the buyers. Also, again both Oprah and Carson not only graduated form high school, but also college. Jay-Z graduated from neither. You may find Jay-Z a fine example of overcoming for your child or children, but I definitely would not hold up Jay-Z as a role model for any child in my family.

Your last quip shows that evidently you tire of someone challenging your statements. A simple solution to your problem is to ignore anyone who does not agree with you, if simple disagreements exasperate you.

*genuine smile*

So what? That doesn't make either of them much better than Jay-Z. And, who said anything about these people being role models. Why must you stoop to such petty arguments?

People disagree with me all day everyday, and it's not a problem. I enjoy the discourse, as it is usually thought provoking an respectful.

But, when disagreement comes from pettiness I genuinely give no "freaks" at that point. I am "freak" devoid. "Freak" deficient. "Freak" deprived. "Freak" destitute. My cupboard of "freaks is barren; my tank of "freaks" has been depleted. You know how, on cloudy nights, you might look up into the vast and endless sky and not find any stars? The same thing would happen if you looked at me and searched for "freaks". And this, this total absence of "freaks", is where I am with you.

*big fake smile*

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back