Black People : Is there any hope for Ebony Conscious People?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ifasehun, Sep 8, 2003.

1. ifasehun

ifasehun Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    o.k. i am a little pissed. not my usual rigid self-opinionated self - i am pissed. so here is my rant for the day.

1. When will Black men stop creating debt by buying things they cant afford to attract women. Dont they know real women dont pick their men by surveying the Lexus's in the parking lot and the carats in your pinkie ring?
    2. When will black women stop worrying about myths of whether black men are bi-sexual, dating white women or becoming an extinct species? How about you assume the best, pray for the best, teach by example and ditch the ones that dont get it?
    3. When black people stop making excuses for why they still worship the Gods of people that branded their great grandfathers like mules and raped their great grandmothers?
    4. Why is black spoken word nothing more than poetry about sex these days?
    5. Why is everyone still biting the 60s style of spoken word?
    6. Why do black people either stupidly reject any form of responsibility - like managing their credit or fully engage in all things white - like sporting American flags on their car after Sept 11 - can we get some balance?
    7. Why are we campaigning for gay rights while a republican congress is gearing up to resurrect the fight against blacks?
    8. Why would we rather be Ebony than African? American than African? African-AMerican than African? What the heck is wrong with being African? (and please save your sorry excuses. lol)
      [/list=1]

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    backing slowly away from this thread ... :)

3. soul_doctor73

soul_doctor73 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    ....observing from a distance. :cool:

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Ifasehun

you make some very good points. If I see another post about, is there hope for black people et al, or another brotha or sistah promoting integration I'm gonna :puke2:

Then I will proceed to give that someone a thorough symbolic :court:

Stop the madness please

5. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    It is good to be pissed--you know you care...

1. When we realize that being poor is not a sin... and matierial wealth doesn't mean you are better---off.

2. When we stop being infected by aids, when Brothers stop worshipping white women

3. How can you assume who a person's God is? Is it your business who a person prays to, or if they pray at all?

4.Uuum, not the spoken word I have been hearing

5.This don't jibe with #4; in the 60's it was about revolution, it is when some of us were strong...

6.It's Our Flag too, can't say why we always feel that white or anything else is better.... we support everybody but ourselves, we want to stop depending on the man-- then let's become the man-- we support each other we survive...

7.Honey, that fight was waged centuries ago, every once in a while the uniform just changes---Why are so many "Brothers" on the front lines of the war they are waging.... I don't why we fight for many things...Gay Rights, Against the Confederate Flag, White Women's Affirmative Action...when we could be developing a true economy for ourselves...

8.Because we are not African...we are of African descent...

That was good.

6. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Happy, A few things you said is based on personal choice.

<<<6.It's Our Flag too>>>

With all due respect. That flag is white supremacy. They could keep it....I'll wave Marcus Garvey's Univeral African Flag (red, black and green).

<<8.Because we are not African...we are of African descent... >>

Forget that.....see my bottem signature by Dead Prez. Just because I've been here for 400 years doesn't make me any less African....Thick lips, broad nose, kinky hair, original skin, same blood as the ancestors flowing threw my vains....Descend from African slaves.....Im an African..

7. soul_doctor73

Ratings:
    +2
    Anyone serious about answering these questions yet:confused:

8. ifasehun

ifasehun Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19

9. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    :lol: Ifasehun, got me in stitches

10. soul_doctor73

Ratings:
    +2
    As soon as women stop being attracted to men who can buy the things they want.

They don't care. It's the image.

When black women stop demanding everything from their men and start giving their men everything.

Because assumption results in a lot of hurt feelings; prayer cannot change the one who see no need for it; teaching by example applies to all, not just women; no man or woman should be involved with someone who does not first respect and honor them. If this were the case, there would be no need to dump anyone in the first place.

They are not making excuses, they are expressing their beliefs. What they lack is knowledge concerning their beliefs. What they have done is forgotten about the former abuses. What they need is information that will remind them.

Because sex sells.

Who is 'everyone'? Why does it matter?

'Responsibility' is relative to the subject discussed with it in mind. In this case 'credit'. I do not perceive that as a 'responsibility', but as a burden of dead weight. Supporting the 'American' flag is not stupid to those who think of themselves as Americans, and most blacks do because it is the only thing they know. Balance is also relative. Specifically to those in power. Here, balance has no application. We are powerless.

Who is this 'we'?

Who is 'this' we? The destee.com 'we'? The terms you use are politically correct ways of saying 'you're not white americans'. Who gave us these titles in the first place? Did we call ourselves africans when we were *in* Africa? Did *we* call it 'Africa'?

Terms such as 'african', black, ebony, and other such segregative descriptives are excuses themselves. Excuses for continued division instead of unity.

We are *all* human. What comes first? Your skin color or mine? Your nationality or mine? The point is, when you suffer, when you *need*, NONE of the above matter in the slightest.

I see need. I see suffering. I see humans. Nothing else matters to me.

Peace, Brother.
    This is merely my 'opinion'.