African Traditional Religion : Is There A Difference?

Yea sis, many people are turned off by blood offerings, but don't have a problem going to the jewish deli for a sandwich (kosher meat). It is a similar idea. Ebo of animal is a rather rare occurence. It is done during initiations, or when someone has a real big problem. Here's the deal in a quick explanation. If divination reveals that an animal is needed, depending on the size, say a chicken or a ram, what this means is the problem requires the involvement of the entire community to solve (the more animals or the bigger the animals means more people are needed to help solve the problem). The animal is thanked for its destiny, and asked to return again to earth to feed the community. The person prays into the ear of the animal - it is believed the animal will take one's prayers to "Heaven." Then, when the animal is cooked and the feast is begun, the collective prayer of the community is sealed with the consumption of the meat. So it is you preparing a feast for the community as thanks for the collective prayer. In Ifa, there is the belief that collective prayer is powerful. It ain't about the blood, as some seem to believe.

thank you for this explanation

just my own thought if divinity requires an "animal", what is wrong with the "homo sapien" it is an animal

What I learned in what I read is that dancing and such is done for ancestors to enter, so if the spirit of the ancestor can and does enter it seems in efficient to "sacrafice" an animal to carry a prayer to heaven, if divinity can be accomplished thru the intiate and spirit of the "ancestor"

I think in a jewish deli the blood is drained so as to not be consumed into the structure of the human being

thank you again, and much respect

thank you for this explanation

just my own thought if divinity requires an "animal", what is wrong with the "homo sapien" it is an animal

What I learned in what I read is that dancing and such is done for ancestors to enter, so if the spirit of the ancestor can and does enter it seems in efficient to "sacrafice" an animal to carry a prayer to heaven, if divinity can be accomplished thru the intiate and spirit of the "ancestor"

I think in a jewish deli the blood is drained so as to not be consumed into the structure of the human being

thank you again, and much respect

Hey Mrs. Lady. Divinity does not require an animal. There are so many layers of meaning and metaphysical propositions in play that reading something will only leave you more confused. Nor can I on a thread remove your confusion. If you come for a reading, that doesn't make you an initiate, nor do you go into posession. I don't get your thing about the blood being drained at the deli. What do you think, that when an animal is butchered for an offering they just throw it in the stove guts, hair and all? It is drained. Many of us who have lived outside the U.S. have actually seen animals killed and butchered growing up, so it isn't no big deal like americans who think the meat they buy all packaged up real nice just appeared that way in the supermarket out of thin air. Ifa is a "religion" based in solving problems and is considered quite efficient. If not, it wouldn't have survived for thousands of years, through persecution by christianity and islam, and through 400 years of slavery, and wouldn't be still growing.

peace

Hey Mrs. Lady. Divinity does not require an animal. There are so many layers of meaning and metaphysical propositions in play that reading something will only leave you more confused. Nor can I on a thread remove your confusion. If you come for a reading, that doesn't make you an initiate, nor do you go into posession. I don't get your thing about the blood being drained at the deli. What do you think, that when an animal is butchered for an offering they just throw it in the stove guts, hair and all? It is drained. Many of us who have lived outside the U.S. have actually seen animals killed and butchered growing up, so it isn't no big deal like americans who think the meat they buy all packaged up real nice just appeared that way in the supermarket out of thin air. Ifa is a "religion" based in solving problems and is considered quite efficient. If not, it wouldn't have survived for thousands of years, through persecution by christianity and islam, and through 400 years of slavery, and wouldn't be still growing.

peace

Exactly! This made me chuckle because if anyone outside of this spiritual path thinks animal sacrifice is demonic, then they better also be a vegan lol

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back