Black People : Is there a difference between Afro-Centric and Conscious?

To be Afrocentric one has to have a self-conscious awarenes , I think they go hand and hand or
moreso related .
cultural configuration, the Afrocentric idea is distinguished by five characteristics:
(1) an intense interest in psychological location as determined by symbols, motifs, rituals, and signs
(2) a commitment to finding the subject-place of Africans in any social, political, economic, architectural, literary, or religious phenomenon with implications for questions of sex, gender, and class
(3) a defense of African cultural elements as historically valid in the context of art, music, education, science and literature
(4) a celebration of centeredness and agency and a commitment to lexical refinement that eliminates pejoratives about Africans or other people
(5) a powerful imperative from historical sources to revise the collective text of African people.
conscious is to be aware of one's own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings that relates to the minds
of africans which i think is both common to one another i think they in the same family but yet not the same but serve as the mission of our beings ....I could be wrong but this what i think and found to be of the two...

GOOD QUESTION sistah !!!

Is there a difference between the two? Or are they one in the same?

One can be conscious without being 'Afrocentric'.

In fact, some of the most confused people I know who claim to be conscious to the point that everyone else who does not agree with THEM and THEIR way of seeing things is considered 'reactionary', are also essentially 'Afrocentric.

The same who started their brand of Egyptology in Black face, with baseless claims such as 'Cleopatra was a Black woman' and now God is a Black woman or that the original Black Goddess are the Sybils.

Please!

So called Afrocentric but focused on some near and far eastern hybrid ish mixed with Babylonian and a Canaanite and Asiatic twist!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back