Black People : Is there a connection between Islam and Black wealth?

Knowledge Seed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 22, 2008
Atlanta, GA
While rummaging through the paragraphs of Forbes' latest article about the world's Black billionaires - all 6 of them - I realized that half of them were Muslim. The other half seemed to have no religious affiliation at all but is probably nominally Christian.

One of the few wealthy Black celebrities - if not the only wealthy Black celebrity - hell bent on establishing a black economic and communal enclave, Kenny Gamble, is a Muslim.

Two of Africa's most notably-enterprising ethnic groups, the Hausa and the Wolof, are staunchly Muslim.

Even if we look back several hundred years, some of the most legendary kingdom in Africa, who were known for their economic clout, were at least nominally Muslim.

I say all of that to ask, is there some kind of connection between Islam and Black wealth?

While rummaging through the paragraphs of Forbes' latest article about the world's Black billionaires - all 6 of them - I realized that half of them were Muslim. The other half seemed to have no religious affiliation at all but is probably nominally Christian.

One of the few wealthy Black celebrities - if not the only wealthy Black celebrity - hell bent on establishing a black economic and communal enclave, Kenny Gamble, is a Muslim.

Two of Africa's most notably-enterprising ethnic groups, the Hausa and the Wolof, are staunchly Muslim.

Even if we look back several hundred years, some of the most legendary kingdom in Africa, who were known for their economic clout, were at least nominally Muslim.

I say all of that to ask, is there some kind of connection between Islam and Black wealth?

If there is a connection it is dwarfed by the considerably larger of white billionaires who most likely are Christian.

How many Black billionaires are there? About six or seven and the one with the most clout us Oprah Winfrey who sure ain't no Muslim.

The Africans on that list with one exception have attained that status since around 2008. Some represent the African standard dating back to Mansa Musa- gold trading and finance. The oil magnates are largely in Islamic states and Nigerians are largely represented for the same reason as the brother from South Africa. They represent emerging markets and have diversified. Emerging markets such as Internet services and telecommunications.

If religion is to make people financially and economically rich there would be more than six Black billionaires. Mansa Musa only wanted to be the greatest Black muslim a religion millions of Black Afreecans were slaughtered for; sold for enslaved for and forced into as converts as in christianity. Afreecans were forced into all invaders religions for access to trade and trading routes. Please brother read How europe underdeveloped Africa and the Destruction of Black Civilization for more answers to your question.
Our Land gave birth to all wealth and religions; you do not need only religion to be wealthy but that is the game the invaders played; by putting their negro disciples in positions of power after the various wars and 5 thousand years of colonization. The Arabs were the longest colonizers the reason islam; Arab imperialism is appealing to most Africans.
We need wealthy powerful influencial capable Black Women and Men not handpicked errand boys and girls fooling their people into religious confusion.
Why the religious description of Afreecans?
Our oil gold diamonds uranium iron infact mineral wealth europeans and arabs keep stealing from us using us do not belong to any religion. God is not a christian or a muslim etc...
Untill we come to grips with the religious; political and economic games european and arabs are playing with islam and christianity we will continue to believe and think falsely that islam and christianity is the key to financial wealth. They are not but the people and power behind them created them for their own economic political and racial gains.
ITS ALL IN THE MIND BRO.....We are winning our land and minds back.

If there is a connection it is dwarfed by the considerably larger of white billionaires who most likely are Christian.

How many Black billionaires are there? About six or seven and the one with the most clout us Oprah Winfrey who sure ain't no Muslim.

The Africans on that list with one exception have attained that status since around 2008. Some represent the African standard dating back to Mansa Musa- gold trading and finance. The oil magnates are largely in Islamic states and Nigerians are largely represented for the same reason as the brother from South Africa. They represent emerging markets and have diversified. Emerging markets such as Internet services and telecommunications.
So you attribute those with massive individual success to simply taking advantage of market conditions?

What about success of groups like the Mouride Brotherhood and the Hausa people? The former sends north of $1 billion back to Touba - their own autonomous city - every year. And the Hausa people control virtually every trade route in Africa, particularly in West Africa.

So you attribute those with massive individual success to simply taking advantage of market conditions?

What about success of groups like the Mouride Brotherhood and the Hausa people? The former sends north of $1 billion back to Touba - their own autonomous city - every year. And the Hausa people control virtually every trade route in Africa, particularly in West Africa.

I don't attribute the wealth of any of these people simply to anything. I think brother Enki gave a valid explanation for the accumulation of such wealth.
I thought you were talking about individuals not groups of people. Do you really want to bring the Hausa into this? If so, I have one question.

How did the Hausa develop the trade monopoly of which you speak? (Of course I disagree with your statement because some of the richest Nigerians are not Hausa).

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back