Black Relationships : Is the way to a man's heart really through his stomach?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by rapunzal24, Oct 31, 2011.

1. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I have friends who can not cook to save their life! They can barely boil water lol. I can cook enough where we won't go hungry, and you would at least get one dynamite meal a week, lol. That being said, is it really true that it is a must for most men that a woman knows how to cook? How many of you guys would be totally turned off if a woman couldn't cook? Ladies, how many of you guys are not divas in the kitchen, but have/had a man that didn't care at all?

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    LOL My mom can't cook worth a dang...But my dad and her have been married going on 30 years (I think), next month...But he loves her regardless of her cooking, because she has a whole lot of other fabulous qualities that make up for it. My mom said that when they first got married she put pineapples in everything, and to this day my dad hates pineapples hehe...But anyways....

I'm a cook gat-dang it, and I worked my butt off to get here lol! But I taught myself how to cook because I don't wanna not know how to cook like my mom, and I want my guy to love my food.

I remember one time when I was just learning how to cook, I invited a guy I was dating over to eat and I burned the food totally but he was alright with it and took me out to eat that same night and he didn't mind.

My cousin she didn't know how to cook before she got married either, so she bought cook books and taught herself while her and her husband were dating.

If a guy is turned off by you because of COOKING he's got issues....If he really likes you, he'll be like..."I'll teach you how to cook" (that is if he knows how)...or he'll get you some cooking lessons and a cookbook. But ultimately it should not be a deal-breaker....There are worse things you could do to him then not know how to cook.

3. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Yes, the stereotype is true. Food is what keeps men coming back. How you think folks be together 40, sometimes 50 years?

4. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    But for me it's different....I have to have a man who can throw down in the kitchen....My ex-fiance spoiled me to death with his cooking...And I'ma big girl stuck in a skinny girl's body so I have to eat and food is like sex in my mouth....To please me is to feed me :p

5. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    If likes you, he'll send you to his moms house to learn how to cook.

6. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I remember the first time I cooked something for this one guy, I decided I was going to bake some chicken. So we went to a friend's house who was notorious for knowing how to get down in the kitchen. So we were all sitting down to eat and my man bit into the chicken.....and blood came out. LOL! He held his face, and just put the chicken down and went and got a napkin, I was to embarrassed. He just said that's okay baby, you will get it right next time. I taught myself how to cook too, because too many women I knew knew how to cook, and they would get on my back all the time. My mom was a great cook, but I never sat around and watched, all I wanted to do was eat it. I think you're right though, it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

7. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    some people don't have moms

8. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    Wait a minute, did you just say sex in your mouth.....that is what I say when I eat something and it is sooooo good LOL! I need a man to know how to barbecue, I got spoiled too. I knew this man and if he wasn't good for nothing else, he was good for barbecuing a steak...I should call him.:thinking:

9. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    LOL...awwwwww

10. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,448
    LOL Yup!

There's nothing sexier than a man who can cook...

Call him! And then send me some food.