Science and Technology : Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Science,

... Hologram:

hol·o·gram (h
obreve.gif
l
prime.gif
schwa.gif
-gr
abreve.gif
m
lprime.gif
, h
omacr.gif
prime.gif
l
schwa.gif
-)

n.
1. The pattern produced on a photosensitive medium that has been exposed by holography and then photographically developed.
2. The photosensitive medium so exposed and so developed. Also called holograph.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible

n-BLACK-HOLE-large570.jpg

A team of physicists has provided some of the clearest evidence yet that our Universe could be just one big projection.
In 1997, theoretical physicist Juan Maldacena proposed that an audacious model of the Universe in which gravity arises from infinitesimally thin, vibrating strings could be reinterpreted in terms of well-established physics. The mathematically intricate world of strings, which exist in nine dimensions of space plus one of time, would be merely a hologram: the real action would play out in a simpler, flatter cosmos where there is no gravity.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ists_n_4428359.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

What's up brother Clyde? Yep, it is something that is being hotly debated within the physics community. The issue is, of course. . .no one knows anything about what the fundamental building blocks of matter are? There is string theory, the standard model, etc., etc. But there are no experiments that can be constructed to prove anything definitively. Scientists always try to make fun of religion. The funny thing is that the more we learn about physics, the more we see that science and religion are merely two sides of the same coin. Our most ancient brethren in Africa, probably knew more about the cosmos, than we do today.

What's up brother Clyde? Yep, it is something that is being hotly debated within the physics community. The issue is, of course. . .no one knows anything about what the fundamental building blocks of matter are? There is string theory, the standard model, etc., etc. But there are no experiments that can be constructed to prove anything definitively. Scientists always try to make fun of religion. The funny thing is that the more we learn about physics, the more we see that science and religion are merely two sides of the same coin. Our most ancient brethren in Africa, probably knew more about the cosmos, than we do today.

It's all good bro. mazimtaim, glad you're back and posting up again; I must admit, I've missed our deep conversations.:)

And yes, I agree with the way in which you conflate science and religion. At one time, the two (2) schools of thought worked closely together. What are your thoughts on why the separation occurred?

Hmm. . .good question. I think it was due to the ole European cultural influence. I would have to say that Dr. Marimba Ani explained it best. In European culture, logical thinking became king. It is one of the reasons why the culture became so sexist and racist. They threw out all these other forms of obtaining knowledge. In Ancient Africa, the philosophies called upon us to be full Human Beings, to use our emotional and our spiritual methods along with logical/rational thinking for obtaining more knowledge about the world around us. That's why to them, we appeared to be "children", "naive", "backwards", etc. People who prayed to gain insight. Or use their emotions to warn themselves about future calamities were supposedly relying upon unstable/unreliable methods.

:)

Now many scientists in modern physics are fed up with using these awkward methods, because logical/rational thinking cannot even explain the most basic and simplest functions of matter and energy. For instance, a modern physicist cannot tell you why a table is solid. They cannot explain why when you jump up into the air, you fall back to the earth. They don't even know if the universe is infinite or not. And if you use their well-established theories for the universe's beginning and continued existence, you run into serious problems explaining certain events and objects that we see when we look at the stars every night.

That's why these other theories are gaining traction. And these ideas have been around since Africans first emerged and formed the earliest civilizations. The "conscious" universe, the holographic principle, etc. Theses ideas of consciousness causing the universe to appear. That we can affect changes in our environment no matter how big or small, just by thinking about it. Or that matter, time, and space do not really exist, that what we see is just an illusion. There is also the idea that everything is all connected, we simply view things through a lens to help us discern one event from another or one object from another object.

These ideas have been apart of African philosophies from the very beginning.

Hmm. . .good question. I think it was due to the ole European cultural influence. I would have to say that Dr. Marimba Ani explained it best. In European culture, logical thinking became king. It is one of the reasons why the culture became so sexist and racist. They threw out all these other forms of obtaining knowledge. In Ancient Africa, the philosophies called upon us to be full Human Beings, to use our emotional and our spiritual methods along with logical/rational thinking for obtaining more knowledge about the world around us. That's why to them, we appeared to be "children", "naive", "backwards", etc. People who prayed to gain insight. Or use their emotions to warn themselves about future calamities were supposedly relying upon unstable/unreliable methods.

:)

Now many scientists in modern physics are fed up with using these awkward methods, because logical/rational thinking cannot even explain the most basic and simplest functions of matter and energy. For instance, a modern physicist cannot tell you why a table is solid. They cannot explain why when you jump up into the air, you fall back to the earth. They don't even know if the universe is infinite or not. And if you use their well-established theories for the universe's beginning and continued existence, you run into serious problems explaining certain events and objects that we see when we look at the stars every night.

That's why these other theories are gaining traction. And these ideas have been around since Africans first emerged and formed the earliest civilizations. The "conscious" universe, the holographic principle, etc. Theses ideas of consciousness causing the universe to appear. That we can affect changes in our environment no matter how big or small, just by thinking about it. Or that matter, time, and space do not really exist, that what we see is just an illusion. There is also the idea that everything is all connected, we simply view things through a lens to help us discern one event from another or one object from another object.

These ideas have been apart of African philosophies from the very beginning.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Now that's what I call "threading the needle" bro. mazimtaim, thank you for your well developed and crafted answer to the question.

As you well know, I'm not a knee-jerk reactionary, don't play "answer the answer" or "stomp the professor" games; having said all that, I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment and consider it truth, thanks again.

....... :running: Now let me get on over to this interesting Thread, I'll be getting back with you a little on this:

The Time Travel Brotha. . .Dr. Ronald Mallett

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by mazimtaim, 21 minutes ago

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/the-time-travel-brotha-dr-ronald-mallett.78905/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back