Black People Politics : Is the U.S. government's "Selective Service" system sexist?

John Williams

BANNED
Jul 12, 2014
Hi,

....if you have never heard of the U.S. government's "Selective Service" system, it is a system where males must register for potential military conscription. Males between the ages of 18 and 25 must register with Selective Service for some federal programs and benefits, including student loans (such as FAFSA), job training, federal employment, and naturalization. You can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Service_System .

Does anyone else find it sexist that only males must register with Selective Service?

i guess it is sexist but there was a reason for it which if i remember right was they needed a list of people they could draft combat troops from - since we werent allowed to be combat troops there was no point having us on the list - last year they said we could be combat troops now so i reckon soon we will need to register to

i guess it is sexist but there was a reason for it which if i remember right was they needed a list of people they could draft combat troops from - since we werent allowed to be combat troops there was no point having us on the list - last year they said we could be combat troops now so i reckon soon we will need to register to

Peace Sis. Dreya,

Do you think that women should have been required to register, taking non-combat roles, since men had to register?

Peace Sis. Dreya,

Do you think that women should have been required to register, taking non-combat roles, since men had to register?

i can see that that would make it seem fairer - but the military werent looking for more support troops - the whole point of it was to find combat troops - so what they did might appear sexist - probably even was sexist - but it was a practical solution to the prob they had - course you can also make the sexist argument both ways - as in like yeah men had to register - so its antimen...... but women werent allowed on the front line..... so its antiwomen

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back