Black People : Is the term ghetto(as used commonly today)racist?

Is the term "ghetto" racist?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
First and foremost:

No...I don't consider the term 'ghetto' a race based one, though it may well be a reactionary one, as regards its origins., etc.

And I may or may not be right:

But as I recall, the term 'ghetto' was used by the Nazis, i. e., to refer to the places and spaces they confined the Jews to, aka Warsaw ghetto...

The short version:

It's another means and ways as regards how one people--the oppressors--found and find other means and ways to control and manipulate another people--the oppressed; i. e., whatever the nature of the cultural/socio/economic mix, all did (or do) get treated (or mistreated) ad naseum, merely the basis of where they reside etc.

Notions of one people being 'superior' and another 'inferior' was and is just so much self serving propaganda...

Flashforward and what Fanon also said/wrote long ago continues to applies:

As in?

The enslavers know the enslaved well: Because the one is the creation of the other...

Movies like Frankenstein do come to mind...

Etc.

:SuN013:
the point of the use of the terms by the youth in the innercity is that it is not a matter of superior or inferior but a matter of activities, and attitudes that support white supremacy and activities and attitudes that reject white supremacy and are antagonistic to thier interests.

Actually that was the reason for Karenga translating the Nguzo Saba from the revolutionary proncipals of Julius Nyere, so that we collectively destroy any remnant of ghetto, and return the Black community to the dignity and collective love and respect of the African village

no one

More to the point:

Perhaps, back before the era of the Urban Rebellions, etc. some academic types dared to flaunt their elitist viewpoints etc., i.e., by referring to some of segregated communities so many of our folk have been confined to as 'ghettoes'; but they quickly came to find out how they justified some of my generation's criticisms of this nation's paternalistic approaches to our folk in the process, etc.

On the other hand:

Referrring to some blacks etc.as being hapless products of their enviroments, and/or efforts were hopelessly doomed to break their cycles of poverty etc., also was one of the excuses a turnout white democrat used--aka Patrick Monniyhan--did use to justify Nixon's agenda of benign (social) neglect on the homefront...

But for some folk:

(As another saying puts it well)?

Any excuse is better than none...

Therefore yet another case study of what as well as who we're up against:

So to say the least, on point/on time thread...

:fyi:

P. S.

It is a reactonary approach, i. e., meant to advance one people at the expense of another, though it is now meant to move out the have nots, so the haves can reclaim spaces/places abandoned by people who were reflections of their own socio/economic/political/etc. class...Otherwise, where whites come in--like Detroit--and apply the same tactic--towards black have nots--heck yes it's racist!

FYI...

ever called the segregated Black communities in the south ghettos, and such a statement would need some verification

How exactly has the n word evolved? Explain.

What does it mean to speak in a "ghetto" manner?
What is an example of "ghetto" speech?
What exactly do you believe is the reason for seperating "ghetto" speech from "non-ghetto" speech?

So in this aspect, The word "Negro" origins had nothing attached in the meaning negative, However, like the word "ghetto" both words evolved as their definitions.

To answer the rest of your questions. Broken English where as only a few that share an commonality can comprehend what your relaying.

Example : Slang , code words, signals etc. Used amongst youths currently to hide inappropriate language and messages from parents. IE- in text messages etc,

Is it racial, IMHO, under these circumstances ?? No.
Is it generational, IMO , Under these circumstances ?? Yes.

Like many words in the English language as certain words are associated with blacks. The picture it depicts is negative on purpose. Thus it is racial.

example: Forest / Woods . Tribes/ Clan

Both mean the exact same thing but do most get an negative picture looking at one word verses another ??

Malcolm X like many other spoke about how the English language is designed also for us to look at ourselves in an negative way, by the hidden under tone usage of certain words in the English language as we communicate.

As "ghetto" is just one of the many words used. In my opinion.

Status and labels are another tool used to divide us . As certain "words" help perpetuate the negative image of blacks collectively. You can be Asian now. If you hear the word "ghetto" what comes to mind first and foremost ??

Thanks and Peace

So in this aspect, The word "Negro" origins had nothing attached in the meaning negative, However, like the word "ghetto" both words evolved as their definitions.

To answer the rest of your questions. Broken English where as only a few that share an commonality can comprehend what your relaying.

Example : Slang , code words, signals etc. Used amongst youths currently to hide inappropriate language and messages from parents. IE- in text messages etc,

Like many words in the English language as certain words are associated with blacks. The picture it depicts is negative on purpose. Thus it is racial.

Both mean the exact same thing but do most get an negative picture looking at one word verses another ??

Malcolm X like many other spoke about how the English language is designed also for us to look at ourselves in an negative way, by the hidden under tone usage of certain words in the English language as we communicate.

Status and labels are another tool used to divide us . As certain "words" help perpetuate the negative image of blacks collectively. You can be Asian now. If you hear the word "ghetto" what comes to mind first and foremost ??

Thanks and Peace

to be honest the term used by innercity youth is a form of self determination or KUJICHAGULIA

to check, "wilding" and obnoxious" or embarrasing behavior encted out by thier peers.

They have determined what the meaning and definition of the term is amongst themselves

Thanks and Peace

to be honest the term used by innercity youth is a form of self determination or KUJICHAGULIA

to check, "wilding" and obnoxious" or embarrasing behavior encted out by thier peers.

They have determined what the meaning and definition of the term is amongst themselves

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back