Black People : Is the Rastafarian Movement Under Racial Siege?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blaklioness, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Recently, we were discussing seeing many "locked" individuals with nonblack women on their arms. I've wondered what kind of religion requires you to turn a blind eye to your own. I knew this older brother who once told me that many of these individuals are not the genuine Rastas----who are found primarily isolated in the hills of Jamaica (?) and who definitely do not advocate outmating. I remember gathering some endarkening information at this site some time back; the links within (especially the one about the recent 'multicultural' movement) are also very informative. Perhaps those with knowledge can elaborate on this phenomenon? Who exactly are the real Rastafarians and what is the movement about?

http://com1.runboard.com/bundergroundvoices.fnibiruislamsolomonicdynasty.t32

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Ras Tafari Makonnen was the man known as Haile Selassie, the Emperor of Ethiopia who came to power after his cousin Lij Iyasu was deposed from the throne. This coup was orchestrated by Empress Zawditu and Ras Makonnen was made a regent and became emperor many years later. He was "deified" by Marcus Garvey upon his return to Jamaica and there were about four different"sects" of "Ras Tafari" that declared Selassie as "god incarnate".

Ras Tafari Makonnen was himself a devout member of the ETHIOPIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH which means that by faith, he was a "CHRISTIAN". In fact, his ascendance to the throne was a result of a coup orchestrated against the legitimate heir Lij Iyasu because Emperor Iyasu attempted to convert to ISLAM.

Any talk concerning "true Ras Tafarianism" therefore is a sham because Selassie himself was not "god-incarnate", never proclaimed himself as such and he himself was finally overthrown by a soviet-backed Military coup in which many members of the royal Family were killed and/or forced into exile.

3. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    As far as "outmating" is concerned, the irony is that Ras Tafari Makonnen himself claimed to be a descendant of Queen Makeda of Axum and King Solomon of Israel, which means that the royal family itself was a result of "outmating". The descendants of Makeda who are the "semetic-speaking" HABESHA also claim descendant from the biblical Cush and the "Chu****es" are classified as "hamitic" which again means that the HABESHA are "multicultural" , "multi-racial" or "multi-ethnic". That is to say, AFRO-ASIATIC.

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    As far as the "customs" of Ras Tafari are concerned, ganja or marijuana usage is NOT a traditional, Ethiopian or East African custom. marijuana is typically found in regions where hashish is produced and their is hashish and marijuana which do find their way into Ethiopia, generally through Kenya from India or Afghanistan.

Ethiopians, on the other hand, tended to consume another substance known as KHAT, which is a plant that grows in adundance throughout Ethiopia and south Yemen.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
  6. Blaklioness

Ratings:
    +1,812
  7. backtoafrica

backtoafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    You know I visited the site rastaspeaks. There they say that anybody can be a rasta.

8. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    ...and anyone can be a Christian, Muslim or Jew if they choose to.

The foundation of the Rasta movement was/is rooted in Black Nationalism and Repatriation to the Motherland. However pretending "white" Rasta's wan't to erase the original content of the Rasta movement into some multicultural corporation to benefit whites, not Blacks.

This is what happens when you allow white folk in: First they join. Secondly, If they like it then they get other white folk to join. Lastly, in a swift and calculated move like a poisonous snake in the bush, they strike, overrun and devour whatever use to exist. Sadly, some Black folk never learn this valuable lesson.

This is what's happening to the Rasta movement.

9. Blaklioness

Ratings:
    +1,812

Brother Madskillz....I suspected this to be true. If you can and have time, please share more information and/or links with us about how the movement began. Thanks again!

10. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251