Black People : Is the Nguzo Saba just for Kwanzaa?

another touchy subject...

Natinr said:
are still inerested in maintainig these beautiful and important,
principles that could take us healfully and prosperously into the next mellenium and then some
I have nothing against the principles of the Nguzo Saba, in theory. However, I must view the Nguzo Saba in the historical and ideological context in which it was founded by Dr. Mualana Karenga, and that is in the context of KAWAIDA.

From a historical context this means within the framework in which the Nguzo Saba was created, and that is in the Black Arts Movement and Cultural Nationalism.

I am a product of the Black Arts Movment but because of a heavily influenced Black Panther Party orientation am more "Revolutionary Nationalist" and taking this further to Kwame Ture's philosophy of Pan-Africanism.

As a former BSU/ASU activist from UCLA the struggles to build the BSU/ASU into a statewide Black Student Alliance, I then have to look at the effectiveness of Kawaida and the US organization in this process, as well as the effectiveness of Dr. Karenga's influence on the Black Agenda and Black United Front of Los Angeles (BUFLA).

If we take the nearly 40 years history of this relationship I then have to look at the effectiveness of Cointelpro in its attacks of the Black Power Movement, Black Revolution and African Student Movement.

There can be no doubt that without Kawaida philosophy there would be no Nguzo Saba nor would there be a Kwanzaa Festival.

My question then is how effective has KAWAIDA been in advancing the cause of Afrikan Liberation, witihin a historical context?

I was trained as a youth at the same Aquarius Center in which Kawaida was formulated in the 60s. So, I ask this question with a clear ideological perspective having been formulated within the context of the African Liberation struggle.

Peace.

Understanding Kawaida

omowalejabali said:
I have nothing against the principles of the Nguzo Saba, in theory. However, I must view the Nguzo Saba in the historical and ideological context in which it was founded by Dr. Mualana Karenga, and that is in the context of KAWAIDA.

From a historical context this means within the framework in which the Nguzo Saba was created, and that is in the Black Arts Movement and Cultural Nationalism.

I am a product of the Black Arts Movment but because of a heavily influenced Black Panther Party orientation am more "Revolutionary Nationalist" and taking this further to Kwame Ture's philosophy of Pan-Africanism.

As a former BSU/ASU activist from UCLA the struggles to build the BSU/ASU into a statewide Black Student Alliance, I then have to look at the effectiveness of Kawaida and the US organization in this process, as well as the effectiveness of Dr. Karenga's influence on the Black Agenda and Black United Front of Los Angeles (BUFLA).

If we take the nearly 40 years history of this relationship I then have to look at the effectiveness of Cointelpro in its attacks of the Black Power Movement, Black Revolution and African Student Movement.

There can be no doubt that without Kawaida philosophy there would be no Nguzo Saba nor would there be a Kwanzaa Festival.

My question then is how effective has KAWAIDA been in advancing the cause of Afrikan Liberation, witihin a historical context?

I was trained as a youth at the same Aquarius Center in which Kawaida was formulated in the 60s. So, I ask this question with a clear ideological perspective having been formulated within the context of the African Liberation struggle.

Peace.

Let me elaborate upon this further.

http://www.africawithin.com/karenga/karenga_books.htm

Kawaida=Egyptian Maatian tradition.

Thus, the Nguzo Saba itself is based upon the precepts of MAAT. We can view it from a historical context as the CORE of this "modern" tradition based on the ancient text.

I will suggest that at this point in Our Story that it may be best to view the Nguzo Saba within the entire context of MAAT.

Don't throw away the Baby, but keep it closer within the Womb from which it was born. And throw away the bath water along with the blood which has been spilled.

Remember Bunchy and John Huggins!

With all due respect

omowalejabali said:
Let me elaborate upon this further.

http://www.africawithin.com/karenga/karenga_books.htm

Kawaida=Egyptian Maatian tradition.

Thus, the Nguzo Saba itself is based upon the precepts of MAAT. We can view it from a historical context as the CORE of this "modern" tradition based on the ancient text.

I will suggest that at this point in Our Story that it may be best to view the Nguzo Saba within the entire context of MAAT.

Don't throw away the Baby, but keep it closer within the Womb from which it was born. And throw away the bath water along with the blood which has been spilled.

Remember Bunchy and John Huggins!

To be ignorant of the names and birth places of your Queens great grand parents, does not mean you love her any less. or your children.
To handle my accounting books I don't need to go back to the Kemmetic teachers of pythagoras I just DO THE MATH

That is why i would like to concentrate on each of the 7 princples which I did not list so as not to insult the intelligence of the board members and viewers.
I humbley believe once we have established these principles on a visible and tangible scale in our community then we can talk all we want about the construction of the plane that has taken us from here to there.

Francis cress Welsing said we talk about a problem,
and just before we get to a solution we start talking about the problem again!!!!!!!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back