Black Education / Schools : Is the more "Educated" African the worser African?

I rest my case, just another automaton from the university with linear thought process. This is the weakness of Western education. Here, you, yourself, a blatant example. Where you think and regurgitate information for the reader without a hint of originally, I instinctively sense and construct. Drones can only be drones; they are efficient at the tasks they've been assigned to but still they cannot improvise or change their behaviour. I

And you didn't need to tell you are degreed in English and History or this kind of field. As if it is hard to recognize "Arts students" way of thinking. LOL.

This conversation ends here.

And you didn't need to tell me that your "study" was "LEISURELY." :lol:

All you do is try to "FAKE THA' FUNK." :lol:

...."a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing." - Macbeth/Shakespeare

"A LITTLE learning is a dangerous thing..." (A. Pope)

Thanks for the mention of both DuBois and Carter. I will attempt to answer the question, keeping DuBois, a Harvard graduate in mind.

The Double Consciousness is a self awareness of one identity and alienation in Americlan society. This consciousness Today, is similar to the consciousness of the post slavery, pre Civil Rights/Black power movement era.

Therefore, the answer to this question is, yes, if this Education leads to further alienation and marginalization in Americlan society, and no if this Education leads to self knowledge, self determination and Black political and economic empowerment, minimizing the alienation and marginalization which is a result of uneven development under a capitalist system which suppressed our rights to social and economic justice.

Yes, indeed. I agree.

I also thought of Marcus Garvey in relation to "double consciousness/true self-consciousness."

Another post reminded me to return to "The Mis-Education of the Negro." In Chapter X is this paragraph:
...."​

I do not see anything wrong with it, as long as one keeps in mind that "Educated" here relates to "Eurocentric Education" or "Mis-Education." It's a pretty well-communicated idea. Though if anyone cares to explain it to the skeptical, be my guest.

"...I ain't seen no poems stop a .38
I ain't seen no stanzas brake a honkie's head.
I ain't seen no metaphors stop a tank.
I ain't seen no words kill
& if the word was mightier than the sword
pushkin wouldn't be fertilizing russian soil/
& until my similes can protect me from a night stick
i guess i'll keep my razor
& buy me some more bullets." - Don L. Lee/Haki Madhubuti

"Is The More Educated African the Worst African?...

Speaking to this excerpt from Woodson, many to most Blacks, being, largely, educated by "Euro-centric" thought do have a "double consciousness" as spoken of by DuBois.

Every day, we go to our jobs having to "think," "speak," and "behave" within the "rules" of Euro-centric society.

So, many/most of us do have a "double consciousness," (so to speak), in that we also have our own "cultural" and "societal" mores which keep us "grounded" within our race and People.

....In short, NOT "forgetting where we came from," we must "dip" in our own "water-holes" for "renewal" and, often, our very sanity.

This is the "duality" of "linear/structural" thought (Euro-centric) and "cultural/conceptual" thought (African) within us.
http://destee.com/index.php?threads/difference-between-black-white-people.57053/

So, I agree with omowalejabali..... We can "beat him at his own game" if we use the "Euro-centric" education given us coupled with our "cultural" thought processes to further enlighten and empower our own People.---- Then, the "more educated" Negro is NOT the "worst African."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back