Black Spirituality Religion : Is the Mind all We Need?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by tyab14, Jun 10, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Recently I was reading through a book and came across some amazing, but nonetheless "understandable" information. They gave many many examples showing how mind through visualization was able to pretty much "think" or bring everything into existance.

First example, a basketball team was seperated into two groups, the first was made to practice freethrows 20 minutes a day. The second group was told not to practice, but to visualize themselves practicing free throws. When it came down to it, the first group showed a 24% improvement while the second group showed a 23% improvement!!! With only visualization!!

Not only that they did experiments with people working out. The people visualizing themselves working out had the same or near the same muscular affect on their bodies as the people who were physically working out!!!

"In other words, their bodies responded not to reality, but to what they were imagining as reality.

[​IMG]

Like Brother Meta said one time, he tells people that want to lose weight to use a visualization method and it works the best. Alternative doctors use visualization methods to treat cancers and other diseases. They give pictures representing the bodily function like cells, etc, and show people what the processes should look like or how the healing would occurr and have them imagine/visualize it. The results are amazing!!

We all know of stories of our grandparents seeing houses they like and claiming it belonged to them and then before they knew it they were living in it. We hear Kanye West say in a song, "I just closed my eyes and imagined it and then I had it" (Speaking of fame and everything).

Sages and others meditate and concentrate on water and are able to change the shape of the crystals. The statues in India depicting sexual intercourse is said to bring the person who gazed into it a partner in a timely manner.

[​IMG]

Anything black people focus on usually solidifies, maybe this is why they are so worried about where the minds of black people are at. I remember someone saying that emotional outbreaks in black people collectively can cause storms and natural disasters. Ever wonder why they try to keep us divided?

Back to the point, the mind seems like it is powerful beyond measure. If people can concentrate on things and change their health, wealth, biological structures, etc. Then what else can we do with this powerful part of our beings?? Is all the mind truthfully after stripping down everything else, all we need?????

[​IMG]
    What are yahll's experiences using the mind??

Peace.....

2. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    whenever I want something I visualize me having it....and over time I will eventually have it.....whether its an improved sex life for me and my spouse or just an abundance of spiritual power or even money.....all I have to do is focus on it constantly and boom there it is.....I have known about this mind power since I was a young child.....the only thing I steer clear of is when someone does something to "wrong" me I have to use tremendous will power to NOT dwell on them....because something usually goes wrong for them way worse than whatever transgression against me was.....so I stay away....because usually I end up feeling "guilty" about the event that happens to them....the mind is indeed a powerful thing...I constantly tell my son who is fourteen how his mind is the strongest thing he can own....

3. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    Very true bro George.

I know some brothers that say they can literally think things into existence on command. They are at the point where they don't worry to much about the worries of the world but work on "finding all the secrets hidden in this paradigm".

Seems like most of us have known about this as little kids. I remember being the same way but it being suppressed to the most through training/programming. I'm sure the people who market things know this and thus they capture the child mind on "wanting" something material, which leads to them nagging the parent and a future purchase of a toy, etc.

It also seems like black people who can concentrate like this really have an impact on this world. They have whatever they want, it is only limited to what they can imagine.

4. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'm at that point myself good brother.....like the worries of this world are really non worries to me....I am working on finding out ALL of the secrets of the universe/megaverse....gas prices, who will win the presidency etc are irrevelant to me.....like just today, my brother and sister in laws are here visiting us and my brother in law says he keeps his tv on CNN, reads the paper from beginning to end because he "likes to keep informed of whats going on in the world"....and I'm thinking to myself all that **** programming is ridiculous.....you have absolutely NO clue as to what is going in the world....CNN is nowhere near the answer.....it amazes me how asleep people are....

5. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78

Thats wasup, I'm trying to get to that point hopefully. I think I have been incarnated here a couple times before because I too dont give a **** about the mundane stuff, I just here to get the "secrets" and keep going.

Most people I know or at school around me do the same thing. They watch the news all day long, read all the papers, give all there energy to the political machine. I swear politics gets A LOT of our energy and in essence our mind.

Very true again about the part of people not knowing what is going on. They don't even know that the elitists are into the occult and are not "Christians".

6. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

true indeed....an old roommate of mine used to go to sleep to news radio.....used to fry steak every other day no lie....he would come home from work and immediately turn on the news.....so his mind was programmed with propoganda twenty four seven.....and he used to wonder why he was always in a "bad" mood.....the slightest things would just set him off.....one day he made the ignorant statement that we should just go over to the middle east and bomb them all men, women, and children......I just looked at him and said "How would you feel if they came over here and did just that?".....of course he had no answer to my question.....I am rambling but hopefully I got my point across.....

7. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Great topic Bro. tyab14 - oh- you know what, this is something Massa does not want us talking about, especially not now. Not during the summer months when our power of "visualization" is the strongest due to the heat and rise of melanin in our bodies.

When I used to go to the gym allot, I was training with a body builder a much older Brotha and a Boxer. I used to talk about crazy things then too, about visualizing the weights being much heavier than they were, or that the lighter weight had a greater affect on my body as I lifted it. These Brothas thought it was funny. But they started to ask me if I was doing steroids when they saw that I was producing muscles almost over night.

The mind feeds the body, not the other way around. What we feed the mind, the mind feeds the brain, the brain feeds the body. I've gotten so good at visualization, I lift invisible weights to this day, and people still think I'm paying $50 a month for a gym membership.

It's a very simple science actually. The key to all of Einstein's genius is in one line. "The imagination is greater than knowledge." This is not actually a grain of wisdom, but an equation that is found if we were to study any great civilization or people.

Black people hands down are a race of inventors and I have yet to see anyone invent anything with knowledge. Inventions are created with the imagination first. Just the same, a Man can "pretend" he is curling a 250lb bar and get the same effect if his imagination keeps the physics on point. It is even possible he will produce better muscle mass from this practice because the mind is more aware of it's involvement with the building of the body.

The great sages have often said that the body eats the mind's leftovers. Be careful what you feed your mind. Our worlds have more to do with how our minds interact with reality than how our bodies interact with reality.

Now this truth also offers some disturbing facts. Take the homeless Man or Woman for example. A Homeless Man once told a story to a magazine saying he became homeless because after his house burnt down, he lost his job, his wife left him he found it difficult to get back on his feet. One day he just got tired of going from motel to motel, doing odd jobs for room and board- and so he decided to live his life on the street. He reports, the first 3-4 years was very harsh, dealing with the outside cold, begging for money etc., but he says after awhile he got into the groove of things and learned how to deal with his new homeless lifestyle. Not that he enjoyed being homeless, he said he worked most of his life and at the age of 45 he wanted something different, he wanted to get away from the real world.

Since visualization is dealing with focus, should we focus on things we don't want to happen as well? Does anyone ever look at their life path and say to themselves, you know what- I think one day I might be homeless. No of course they don't- but it does happen. Personally with this story here about the Homeless Man, I think some people find a place in their life where they stop fighting. So it's clear to me that when we think about the power of visualization we should also be clear about what certain concepts mean to us. Concepts like "peace." Perhaps there is a connect between that concept and homelessness. This Man's story says to me that he found a place of peace. And yet how many of us visualize peace?

I'm sure this is not the peace most of us have in mind, but it is the peace most of us are offered. I use peace as a magical word, but I don't visualize peace because I want to fight, I was born to fight and I will start a war with anyone who tries to derail my mind. When I can no longer fight for what I want, this world no longer requires me here.

We do need the mind and all it's facets to be able to comprehend fully what we visualize and how we can use the imagination to materialize desire.

It will be a powerful thing when we all realize the truth and full potential of the dark mind.

8. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
  9. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +863
    The universe is like a big replicator. We will receive what we purely desire. the problem is in the desires or the creation of them. Prayer, meditation, positive speech, etc. is all the same thing. It aligns our thinking with our desires to be sent out into the universal feedback loop.

10. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    ^^^what are some of the methods yall use when using creative visualization for intangible things (ie happiness,etc)?