Black Spirituality Religion : Is the Doctrine of the Trinity Legitimate?

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
This is a continuation of a conversation a few of us had in another thread. So rather than hijack that thread, I thought I would devote a thread to discussing it.

The issue is this passage from the book of genesis:

[1:26] Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the wild animals of the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."

Specifically the issue surrounds the words "us", and "our". To me, this says that there was help given in the creation of mankind, or a co-creator. Brutha Clyde says that it represents the holy trinity which is odd since the trinity is not mentioned in the bible.

The origin of the trinity goes back all the way to the days of Nimrod, which is where it got started.

The Trinity Doctrine :
"Long ago - right after the Flood, a man named Nimrod emerged on the scene of history. When he died, his wife, Semiramis,recognized that without him she might loose power, so she devised a clever plan. Semiramis was pregnant. She told everyone that the child in her womb was none other than Nimrod being reborn. This was the beginning of the greatest perversion...the concept of a 'father/son' deity."

http://forgottenreality.xanga.com/677186673/item/

So the trinity could not have existed during the creation of mankind. Also The word "trinity" was first used by a man called Tertullian.

Peace!

This is a continuation of a conversation a few of us had in another thread. So rather than hijack that thread, I thought I would devote a thread to discussing it.

Specifically the issue surrounds the words "us", and "our". To me, this says that there was help given in the creation of mankind, or a co-creator. Brutha Clyde says that it represents the holy trinity which is odd since the trinity is not mentioned in the bible.

The origin of the trinity goes back all the way to the days of Nimrod, which is where it got started.

So the trinity could not have existed during the creation of mankind. Also The word "trinity" was first used by a man called Tertullian.

Peace!

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Here's justification through Apologetics bro. Enki:

The Trinity (Triunity) of God

Introduction

Because the word trinity is never found in the Bible some wonder about whether this is a biblical doctrine or not, but the absence of a term used to describe a doctrine does not necessarily mean the term is not biblical. The issue is, does the term accurately reflect what the Scripture teaches? In reality, due to the incomprehensible nature of the truth this term reflects, some believe it is a poor word to describe exactly what the Bible teaches us about this truth concerning God. When anyone studies a doctrine like this, reads about it in a theology book, or in an article like this one, it may appear that the writer is saying, “Here are the doctrines we believe, and this is what you must believe, so believe them!” But as Ryrie points out, “If that’s the case it is only because you are looking at the results of someone’s study, not the process”1 that led to their position on a particular doctrine.

Our purpose, then, is to demonstrate that the doctrine of the trinity (triunity) of the Godhead isanother biblical revelation that teaches us more about the nature of God or how He exists. The Bible teaches us that God not only exists as a personal Spirit being, but that He does so in Holy Trinity.

http://bible.org/article/trinity-triunity-god

Peace In,

Peace!

The trinity is a conceptual explanation of the Holy Spirit, which is often used to explain why it is mentioned as a separate and disticnt entity. Furthermore, to explain how a human can have the GOD head and speak with such knowlege of things before known time. Though l Corinthians 15:20-28 and Psalms 110 tends to contradict this

What I'm trying to understand fully is what is exactly believed in this "trinity"; is it believe they are so much as One that their beings are merged?

Since the Father does not contradict, that is to say ever, not in Scriptures nor in His prophets, there is no way this trinity could fit in as being a contradiction to the verses Kem has provided.

I was never brought up on believing about the "trinity" as taught though I heard it many times, often seemingly not fully understood by those that said they believed it. I believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as One, and also anyone believing in them is also One with They, but we do have a presence given to us all our own.

They have their presence all their own, also, and I'm wondering if that's what people don't believe...That they have a presence to themselves....

By the way, thanks Enki for starting up this thread. Much appreciated.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Let me explain my "Like" disposition to Kemetstry's post. With this portion I can agree:

"The trinity is a conceptual explanation of the Holy Spirit, which is often used to explain why it is mentioned as a separate and distinct entity."

Although its a little rough on the edges...

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back