Black Spirituality Religion : Is the Doctrine of the Trinity Legitimate?

This is a continuation of a conversation a few of us had in another thread. So rather than hijack that thread, I thought I would devote a thread to discussing it.

The issue is this passage from the book of genesis:
[1:26] Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness;

Specifically the issue surrounds the words "us", and "our". To me, this says that there was help given in the creation of mankind, or a co-creator. Brutha Clyde says that it represents the holy trinity which is odd since the trinity is not mentioned in the bible.

The origin of the trinity goes back all the way to the days of Nimrod, which is where it got started.

http://forgottenreality.xanga.com/677186673/item/

So the trinity could not have existed during the creation of mankind. Also The word "trinity" was first used by a man called Tertullian.

Peace!

It appears contradictory that you would say you believe the words "us/our" imply that God/the Creator had "help" from other entities and then say that the "Trinity" could not have existed or participated in Creation.

First, let me say that throughout the Bible, old and new testament, God/the Creator is the "Lord of hosts." --- "Hosts" being an INDEFINITE group/legion/army of heavenly beings made up of angels, cherubim and other spiritual beings CREATED by God and under God's command.
The old and new testament both support a PLURALITY connected with God, the supreme Lord/Ruler.

Behold, the man has become like one of us. (Gen 3:22)
Come, let us go down and there confuse their language. (Gen 11:7)

Now, yes, the usage of the word "trinity" was introduced by Tertulian. But, the concept of a PLURALITY of God is found throughout the Bible.

**Please bear with me as I go here....The Bible is a divine/spiritual book made for the natural man to live by...and as the Bible states, its study is a process of understanding. The answer aint gonna pop out atcha like, "HERE is the answer!" --- [10] For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little (Isa. 28).

Josh. 5:
[13] And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?
[14] And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?
[15] And the captain of the LORD's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

John 1:

[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

[14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Matt. 3:
[11] I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

[16] And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
[17] And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

What I'm trying to understand fully is what is exactly believed in this "trinity"; is it believe they are so much as One that their beings are merged?

Since the Father does not contradict, that is to say ever, not in Scriptures nor in His prophets, there is no way this trinity could fit in as being a contradiction to the verses Kem has provided.

I was never brought up on believing about the "trinity" as taught though I heard it many times, often seemingly not fully understood by those that said they believed it. I believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as One, and also anyone believing in them is also One with They, but we do have a presence given to us all our own.

They have their presence all their own, also, and I'm wondering if that's what people don't believe...That they have a presence to themselves....

By the way, thanks Enki for starting up this thread. Much appreciated.

The FATHER is not contradicted. More like man has misinterpreted HIS words and meaning

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Let me explain my "Like" disposition to Kemetstry's post. With this portion I can agree:

"The trinity is a conceptual explanation of the Holy Spirit, which is often used to explain why it is mentioned as a separate and distinct entity."

Although its a little rough on the edges...

Peace In,

.o0( See I remember when you wouldnt have copped out )

:lol:

So, it seems people have used "trinity" because they don't understand why the Holy Spirit would be seperate? Mhm. Another reason I see no reason this should be accepted as doctrine and its teachings. Just seems to further confuse the matter and the mystery.

Perhaps you should review the ''creed''

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back