Black People : Is the Black man's crisis all Mama's Fault ?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Proud&Ashamed, Dec 18, 2010.

?

Is it Mama's Fault ?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Proud&Ashamed

Proud&Ashamed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    There's this man, Lex Dras, who wrote a book about statistics such as these which show there is a problem within the African American community when it comes to the education of Black males.

[​IMG]

(Click here to see a bigger version of the book cover.)

However, Dras believes he detains the solution to this problem and explains it here with an analogy:
    If you want the direct explanation (without analogy) you can find it on this site (warning: some harsh language is used)

I know many won't have the time to read the whole rant, so i'll explain his theory (or at least, what i got from it) in a nutshell:

Black women are the ones who decide to be promiscuous or engage into a relationship with Black "bad boys" (the uneducated gangsters) who are the product of broken homes themselves. They get them pregnant, but don't fulfill their responsibilities as a father. Instead, they abandon both their child(ren) and their woman who is left to care for their child(ren) all alone, with one income and no husband. If the child is male, his chances of becoming an uneducated gangster himself are increased by the fact that he grew up without masculine role model and so he's more likely to become another one of these statistic, get another girl pregnant and run away once he finds out he did, just like his father did. That girl becomes yet another unwed single mom, forced to raise her child(ren) without any male role model and the cycle goes on.

The bottom line is that, according to Dras, ill-behaved Black men are not responsible for their actions - their mama is for mating with the wrong man.

What are your thoughts on this theory? Is it really all Mama's Fault? If you believe it isn't, how do you explain the statistics and what solutions do you offer?

My apologies if this offended any single mother, remember that his isn't my theory. I am just posting this to get to read some of you opinions on this.

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    It's the white man's fault...they created the mess

3. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    Brillant diversion

You posted this to get peoples opinion. Why post when you already know the answer to the question?

This is a TOTAL waste of time. AND VERY DISRESPECTUL TO MAMA WHO CARRIED US FOR 5 CENTURIES AND STILL IS.

Yes when we were attacked the men were killed and the programming began with the mother to affect the children. But seriously this book is written by someone in love with the enemy.

4. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    There are two players in this game of life...the third created it to make the game unfair

...we cannot put all the blame on the women...They have their own issues in their background that may have stemmed from the promiscuous behavior...Maybe they (the woman) didn't have a father figure in her life so she sought out the attention of other men, or maybe there was a father figure in her life and he was abusive so she seeks out attention from men who abuse and neglect her.

And then there is her mother...her mother may have also been the source for ignoring her daughter and throwing her into the street because she wants more to do with her man than her daughter...these are just a tiny examples

The men who neglect their child is also entirely responsible too..He has a responsibility for his child...regardless of his background...

I know some "thugs/drug dealers" who are more involved with their kids than some men who have degrees and have nothing to do with their kids...

Why is the man neglecting his child? Because his dad wasn't around also?

I'm not justifying the lifestyle...I'm just saying.

Everyone is responsible down to the white man who enslaved us.

But the white man is the primary source for everything...And the one to blame.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

MS234 ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

What is this discussion diverting you / us from?

If you consider it a TOTAL waste of time, why give it your time?

You seem angry, hostile even, are you a Single Mother taking the discussion personal?

iono ... maybe it's just me ... but all topics are welcome here, if they are presented respectfully, as this one was.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I might have voiced a difference in POV with you 2 or 3 years ago but as things have unfolded in these times I gotta agree with you today.

The white man has jacked the quality of living for all of us, even for his own kin and kind.

And it dont seem to matter how upright and prosperous some of us are, the world around us has been jacked up and we all know, even if we refuse to admit, the source of the evil and confusion.

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :fyi:.the fault lies with the system of white supremacy

8. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Roots to this dilemma go very deep into the resourceful individual.
    Resourceful meaning uneducated on general things that can be done to problem solve.

One thing that come to mind in children and adults is " I need some money ".

OK question arises.

The resourceful individual understands that the economy works on buying and selling.
    What do " I " have to offer for sale?

As adults we go to college to have something ( a skill set ) to offer.
    Today that isn't enough and being black that will not suffice.

" IT'S ABOUT WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO OFFER FOR SALE.

The rules haven't changed and knowing the rules in life help decision making.

Black is considered bad. Being black in America we know is not easy.
    I will try and find and post the letter written by a European that stated
    that their dependence on the Negro had to be terminated
    and that we must never be used again to support their progress.
    They planned to not utilize us after slavery and they have done a good job in that respect.

Being Black holds mentally that knowledge and we must push past that with resourcefulness.

Yes this is true in so many instances.
    A mentality of "GET" not give "TAKE" not provide is at play in the black community.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  9. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_inequalities

Economic inequality (or "wealth and income differences") comprises all disparities in the distribution of economic assets and income.

The term typically refers to inequality among individuals and groups within a society, but can also refer to inequality among countries.

Economic Inequality generally refers to equality of outcome, and is related to the idea of equality of opportunity.

A study published in 2009[1] has shown that negative social phenomena such as shorter life expectancy, higher disease rates, homicide, infant mortality, obesity, teenage pregnancies, emotional depression and prison population correlate with higher socioeconomic inequality.

10. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    what youhave done to be hoest in terms of human psychology is rare, only 3 percent of any group or race, are self motivating, and that s why culture is important so that modalitiesof economic and eduicational advancement become a group paradigm

and not just Darwin's the survival of the fittest or the capitalist ideology of Reaganites