Black People : is the attack on Hip Hop really an attack on Black culture?

bigtown said:
I FIND IT AMAZING THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO STILL THINK HIP HOP REPRESENTS OUR CULTURE. AMAZING!!! , THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION
hip hop does represent our culture.
it does not represent all of our culture and it may not be the best representation, but it is black culture.

I think the biggest problem as one person stated is the fact that white people quickly saw how profitable Hip Hop is. Then they got their hand on it. You know what happens after that. We black people start dancing to their tune. Jumping through their hoops. Chasing that green piece of paper and forgetting that Hip Hop was once a voice for black people. There has always been negative images and artist in Hip Hop, but not to this extent. It's embarassing now. It's probably the worse genre of music to me nowadays because there is no creativity, no message and no variety. The expectations of hip hop are in the trenches now because you know what someones album is going to be like before it even comes out. Hip Hop is dead because from here on it's always going to be about making money and making videos showing how much money they got. There are a handful of artist that make music for the people and openly express the fact that they know they will no go platinum because they are not willing to sell-out. That's sad. White people are going to continue to pimp us out because we continuously allow it.

You know, we can have Hip-Hop, but it does not have to be about money, sex, and drugs. Kirk Franklin is a gospel recording artist, and he does not disrespect women or anything in his music. That is what we need out of Hip-Hop. You can do anything in Hip-Hop. Whether it is the way you wear your clothes, what comes out of mouth, or how you walk, it can be better, it can be change. I first thought that we needed to get rid of Hip-Hop because it represents our culture, but it does so in a bad way. That is the only reason why it is an attack in the first place.

Talk about staying off the streets, be about staying off the streets.
Talk about staying in school, be about staying in school.
Talk about encouraging kids to do the right thing, be about encouraging kids to do the right thing.
Wear casual clothing, and so on.

These are ways how Hip-Hop can improve black culture instead of attacking it. Just a thought.

Not all Hip-Hop is bad. I know rappers who rap about Jesus and family and such. Since Hip-Hop represents a large percentage of our culture, we need to be involved in it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back