Black Spirituality Religion : Is Religion becoming Morally Bankrupt?

Sorry, I read thru this entire text and all I read was an opinion, not one scripture was quoted. I on the other hand post scripture to show the corrupt, and spiteful nature of all religions.

Here is Leviticus, maybe he should read it before he and others embarrass themselves by trying to deny what it literally says.

Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

I can't ask him, but I can ask you, where is the ambiguity in this scripture? One member supported the comment that the bible was a framework to live by. Ok..here is part of that framework, so why don't Christians themselves live by it?

Trying to defend the bible morally is a waste of time.. Remember, this is the same book that was used to enslave us...

Peace!

No, this was not the writer's "opinion." It was exegetical commentary on the codes in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. No, the writer didn't quote book/chapter/verse. He stated that he "paraphrased/summarized" what the Bible does say in relation to the codes of Leviticus and Deuteronomy.

Now, as I said previously, Jesus, Himself, said that He was the fulfillment of "The Law." -- The legalistic codes of Leviticus and Deuteronomy were no longer necessary under the New Covenant. They were for a specific People for that specific time.

Jesus also said:

Matthew 22:
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Specifically about adultery and divorce, Jesus said:

Matthew 5:
[27] Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
[28] But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matthew 19:
[9] And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

And, yes, the Bible was USED to enslave us.

And, yes, the Bible has verses on slavery which was a MAN-MADE institution not GOD-made.

So, yes, there were so-called "rules" for slavery set forth for the Children of Israel and for outsiders.

It's always amazing to me how some Black folk will, on one hand, argue that the already long-existent slavery of ancient Africa was not the same as the European chattel slavery of the Maafa; and, on the other hand, try to degrade the Bible for pointing out verses about slavery throughout lands IN Africa.

Long before Judaism, Christianity or Islam touched Africa, there was slavery there from tribal/kingdom conquests.

Throughout Kush, Nubia, etc... there was slavery in those various cultures. And there were certain Rights, Privileges and Punishments afforded to the "slaves" of those societies by the ruling classes.

So, the Bible did not introduce, frame or set down the "original" parameters for slavery. It was already IN Africa in various forms with various tacit and/or written rules, according to the dictates of the ruling class.

Are young people going to understand 'context' when they hear this dude refer to black women as 'hoes'
on that powerful platform? A number of people wanna get rid of the word ' n ig ge r' or 'ni gga', because,
as many would say, 'it gives other people an excuse to use it'.

Well how is this preacher dude using this word referring to black woman as "hoes"
any different?

'Member dis?:

Are young people going to understand 'context' when they hear this dude refer to black women as 'hoes' on that powerful platform? A number of people wanna get rid of the word ' n ig ge r' or 'ni gga', because,
as many would say, 'it gives other people an excuse to use it'.

Well how is this preacher dude using referring to black woman as "hoes"?

I'm not defending his language; but, actually, this excerpt is a "sound-bite" from a sermon in which he was calling certain MEN "h*es aint loyal," not women. --- He was preaching on Pilate not listening to his wife, not heeding an "anointed woman of God."-----i.e., "These h*es aint loyal." ---He was talking about Pilate and men like him not heeding their wives/women of God. --- Pontius Pilate was an administrator under Emperor Tiberius. His loyalty was to the Roman Caesar, not to his wife.

Again, I'm not defending his language. I can understand his message; but he could have used other women and men from the Bible to preach this sermon. And, actually, even if Pilate had listened to his wife, Jesus still would have been crucified, fulfilling the messianic prophecy anyway.

The lyrics from Chris Brown references women as "h*es." And because he used that lyric, many have assumed that he was also, not knowing the full context of how he used it.

Matthew 27:
[19] When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.

Dr. Jamal Bryant explains his usage of offensive term 'H*es' from his pulpit

Interestingly, Bryant uses the scene of Jesus's death where Pilate is challenged as to whether it will be Jesus or Barabas. Pilate did not listen to his wife, and therefore, Bryant summarizes that because of it, Pilate lost everything and later committed suicide. Right before Bryant makes the shocking statement, he says, "The problem with Pilate is the problem with a lot of men...had Pilate listened, his life would have been better.

Following the backlash, James Fortune of "The James Fortune Show" invited Bryant on his show to define what he [Bryant] was talking about and to explain what he meant. You can check out that video here also.

Bryant seems to have stepped out real deep to use language that resonates with a culture that feeds on his type of terminology and a generation that feeds on drama as being their teacher. Chris Brown appeals to a (this) culture, so by using a statement that Brown's fans have embraced would definitely reach a mass audience.

When men do not listen to the anointed woman God has sent them they will be sorry. In the pre-text, Bryant spoke at length about how men need women, but men go off and find somebody else. Subsequently, the men that show these indiscretions usually end up losing things in their lives.

Most men, in the absence of a good woman, only has good ideas. But an idea in the company of a Godly woman – is an idea that becomes a dream. Any man that does not have a wife is running on Grace! – Because you don’t get favor until the wife comes. An anointed woman of God isn't dreaming about a man – she dreams for her man. - Bryant

You will have to draw your own conclusion about the statement Bryant made. His content is strong…"Yawl should have listened to me, “These Hoes Ain’t Loyal, you will regret not listening to the woman God sent you." The outspoken minister and public figure might not be your "cup of soup," but he sure stirs the pot.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dr-...f-offensive-term-h-es-from-his-pulpit?cid=rss

I'm not defending his language; but, actually, this excerpt is a "sound-bite" .
...Which is why i asked the question:
Are young people going to understand 'context' when they hear this dude refer to black women as 'hoes'
on that powerful platform?

Ni gg a and or n igg er is used in context as well, but does that for many make it acceptable?
Many would say, 'no it is not acceptable?

Kids still understand basic sound english.

And if preacher dude has to go back and clean it up or explain himself,
then was it really wise to use it in the first place, on that powerful platform?

I'd be hard press to find 2 preachers who felt the need to go back and
do damage control on their own sermon.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back