Black Spirituality Religion : Is Religion becoming Morally Bankrupt?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Enki, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928

He got this line from a Chris Brown song.

Some of the lyrics are as follows:

This thread is only directed at the pastors this applies to, and not the religion it self. But due to the actions of pastors like this one, that same religion is getting a black eye. Just look ad the congregation that is hooping and hollering...What does that say about them if anything?

No I take that back, it does say something when you are willing to take your kids to a place that is suppose to be praising god. But instead of doing that, the pastor is willing to perpetuate what they hear in the street?

What is your opinion?

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    When was religion ever MORALLY SOUND???....JUST GIVE ME THE YEAR OR CLOSE TO IT SO THAT I CAN RESEARCH IT. THANKS !!!

3. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Ok...you got me there..

I'm just being accommodating and respectful to those that do believe. You and I see eye to eye when it comes to religion, and what it is. So you'll understand when I say that incidents like this, and Eddie long only adds insult to injury. This only lends weight to the spreading view that religion is dying because it's fast becoming counterproductive..(I know it was that way from the get go) but still, it has the numbers to show that it was viewed as being good.

IMO, he's letting the cat out of the bag. By acting this way, he's telling them there is no such place as hell to be afraid of...

Peace!

4. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    "Members arguing to protect MY NAME in beauty salons"

This was an inner-monologue about himself.
    True story, him being the "ho that wasn't loyal" that is.

"Pulpit Pimps" have to be more creative since the days of Jim Bakker, and sometimes it comes at the expense of the youth or young minded.

Wanting a familiar place to gather with people is within the nature of many people, and it is quite easy to gain a following by being a good entertainer... "That was a Great Sermon!" ... "What did you learn from it?" ... "Oh well, that... (pause) ummm that we should listen to God and avoid promiscuous people"

Bryant claims his wife said:

"I didn't divorce you because of the infidelity, I divorced you because I no longer recognized you.... you were just worried about saving your career, not your marriage"

When the business plans of the "Religious Industrial Complex" are shared and they taste the fruits and benefits that come from the business, it is hard to step away from it no matter what scandal or wrong-doing the "Priest" has done or contributed to.

Real talk, many of them don't really care to touch the content of the Bible, and would rather create stories and discuss them to their donators.

Fred Price gets homage in comparison to some of the ones that are trying so hard to be seen as "religious", even down to trying to talk like they do... it's trained speech and part of the business.

If you ask them what the "tree of knowledge of good and evil" refers to, the responses would be rather interesting.

Stay woke

• Like Like x 2
    • Violation Violation x 1
    • List
  5. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    No. Religions are frameworks for living... only people can be morally bankrupt. And so your question becomes: "Are there people who subscribe to religion that are morally bankrupt?"... and the answer is: of course there are. There are subscribers of all types of philosophies that are morally bankrupt.. you might say.. it's a human thing.

6. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I see your point, but you're wrong. Religion is the thing people are looking at, religion is the thing people throw up to justify there bad behavior. Religion has been, and will always be used as a shield because people know how society views religion.

Case in point:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...a-childrens-homes-shields-prying-eyes/1258390

And lets not forget the great flood itself. This was by the hands of god himself.
    Also, all religions are morally bankrupt. No religion has any moral high ground when it says to kill indiscriminately, or that sets man against man. Here is a passage from the Bhagavita-Gita...

http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/Articles/holy-cow.html

Man...you have to be free of sin, which is impossible because at last count, there was over 650 sins.

Religion is the one thing that cannot be defended on the grounds of morality.

Peace!

7. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

my bad.. I almost forgot who I was talking to.. you are absolutely correct.. my apologies.. won't happen again.. trust..

- peace.

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    This unbiased opinion bears repeating.

9. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    He didn't mention anything in the interview about this. That was his showmanship plain and simple. You don't get to be up there where he,TD,Eddie, and all the rest are without being able to put on a show.

It would seem that way, which only going to answer my question. When I was going to church, the pastors articulated their points just fine without laying down in the drek.

I agree, that is all I heard for days after a sermon. "The pastor preached on that".

This my brutha is the inherent danger of religion. It makes man put man above himself for no good reason. Here it is a brutha that fell, and got up, which is the same power we all have. But we freely give that power to them in the name of a religion, and the god that goes along with it. Look how Calvinism view original sin, according to it, you are hopelessly lost and there is no salvation for you.

Real,talk...you are on the money...

Fred Price is one of those old time pimps...you know he asked his flock to fund "his" credit union...:11600:

A few years back he sued ABC I think. He said he has only 1 mansion and 2 Bentleys. I guess they made a mistake.

PS...I found the story:

Build Me A Credit Union In The Name Of Jesus
    Dr. Fred Price Ask Members To Fund His Credit Union Through Donations

http://www.churchfolkrevolution.com/Apostle-Fred-Price-FICWFM-Credit-union-scam.html
    Peace!

10. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Ok..how many of you live by this framwork?

Here's a few..

Leviticus

19 “You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material

26 “You shall not eat any flesh with the blood in it. You shall not interpret omens or tell fortunes. 27 You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard. 28 You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.

Eating a cheeseburger. (or anything else that mixes meat and dairy — Exodus 23:19).
    Eating pork (Leviticus 11:7-8).

Eating any meat not killed according to the kosher practice (Deuteronomy 12:21).

Yes, That unbiased comment does bare repeating. The bible is a poor tool to use to argue morality.

So when you eat a hamburger, cheeseburger, or pork chop, ask yourself, "am I living by the framework of god"?

I almost forgot..you can only wear clothes made of the same material...So no jeans while wearing a cotton top, or socks.

Peace!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List