Black Spirituality Religion : is religion a business?

A religion is an organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence.[note 1] A critique of Geertz's model by Talal Asad categorized religion as "an anthropological category."[1] Many religions have narratives, symbols, and sacred histories that are intended to explain the meaning of life and/or to explain the origin of life or the Universe. From their beliefs about the cosmos and human nature, people derive morality,ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle. According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

should it be?

should it be?

perhaps for some countries, religion and business may go hand-in-hand. Maybe even here in America it may be thought in relation to a business. I know I've hear recently that a lot of churches have been encouraged to become incorporated, and if that's true, then couldn't that perhaps be defined along the lines as a business. Speaking , in general, before the global push for democracy, I kind of thought that some countries were headed up by their religion and religious leaders, and to me that would mean that all of their lives including their jobs and businesses were based upon their religion. I guess, way back when, an untouchable would not be afforded an open door to have jobs that others did in their Indian country who were regarded as being in an higher Caste System or Class System. So wouldn't that mean that their jobs or businesses were dictated by their religion, and if the majority of the people believed in this Caste System, then no matter how much a person, deemed as an Untouchable, did not like their job or being viewed as such, then they would have to be seen differently from the viewpoint of the religious beliefs of the masses, in order for their lifestyles and jobs to dramatically change for many of them.

In this regards, then if the religion is set up to discriminate, then religion and business woul become a problem for some.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back