Black Spirituality Religion : Is Polygamy Of God?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Goddess Auset333, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    Is Polygamy Of God?
    http://www.polygamy.com/articles/templates/?a=67&z=

Our approach to this question is by doing a study on all the known polygamists in the Bible. For the purpose of our study, we’ll add in some non-polygamous persons into the list.

NAME
    WIVES

Lamech
    Gen 4:19
    Adah, Zillah

Abraham
    Gen 11:29
    Gen 16:3
    Gen 25:1,6
    5 or more
    Sarah barren
    Hagar
    Keturah and concubines

Isaac
    Gen 24:15,37,38
    Rebekah

Jacob
    Gen 29:23
    Gen 29:28
    Gen 30:4
    Gen 30:9
    Leah
    Rachel
    Rachel’s maid, Bilhah
    Leah’s maid, Zilpah

Esau
    Gen 26:34
    Gen 28:9
    Gen 36:2
    Judith - Hittite, Basemath - Hittite
    Mahalath - Ishmael’s daughter
    Adah - Hittite, Aholibamah - Hivite

Judah
    Gen 38:2
    Gen 38:6,26
    2?
    daughter of Shua, Canaanite
    Tamar, daughter-in-law

Joseph
    Gen 41:45
    Asenath, daughter of priest

Manasseh
    1Chron. 7:14
    Syrian concubine

Moses
    Ex 2:21
    Num 12:1
    Zipporah
    Ethiopian woman

Caleb
    1Chron. 2:46
    1Chron. 2:48
    3 or more
    Ephah, concubine
    concubine Maachah

Gideon
    Judg. 8:30
    Many
    70 sons

Jair
    Judg. 10:3-4
    Many
    30 sons

Ibzan
    Judg. 12:9
    Many
    30 sons, 30 daughters

Abdon
    Judg. 12:14
    Many
    40 sons, 30 grandsons

Samson
    Judg. 16:4
    Delilah

Elkanah
    1Sam 1:2
    Peninnah, Hannah (Samuel)

Saul
    2Sam 21:11
    2 or more
    Aiah, concubine

David
    1Sam 18:27
    2Sam 3:2-5
    2Sam 11:27
    2Sam 15:16
    18 or more
    Micah
    6, Ahinoam, Abigail, Maacah, Haggith, Abital, Eglah
    Bathsheba
    10 concubines?

Solomon
    1King 11:3
    700 wives, 300 concubines

Rehoboam
    2Chron. 11:18-21
    Mahalath, Abihail

Ahab
    2King 10:1
    Many
    70 sons

Abijah, mighty
    2Chron. 13:21
    Many
    14 wives, 22 sons

Joash
    2Chron. 24:2-3
    2 wives

Tribe of Issachar
    1Chron. 7:4-5
    many
    many wives and sons

Elijah

Elisha
    0?

Hosea
    Hos 1:3
    Hos 3:1
    Gomer – prostitute?
    Another prostitute

John the Baptist

God
    Eze 23:4
    2?
    Oholah, Oholibah (representing Israel and Judah)

Jesus Christ
    Rev 14, 2
    2Cor 11:2
    Matt 25:1-13
    Collectively One and Many in number
    One collectively
    No limit
    Polygamous Marriage (representing the individuals)

The Rest
    Ashur - 2 wives, 1Chron. 2:48/ Jerahmeel - 2 wives, 1Chron. 2:26/ Machir - 3 wives, 1Chron. 7:15-16/ Shaharaim - 2 wives, 1Chron. 8:8.

2. Goddess Auset333

Ratings:
    +23
    http://destee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Multiple wives is the natural flow of nature.

We are so far apart from Universe and Nature within, and when we do not over stand both, we are clueless as to who we are.

If we weren't separated, we would not need to question. We would Be It, the Universe and Nature in us.

Arikan Proverb: If you understand the beginning well, the end will not trouble you. Ashanti

We perish for a Lack of Knowledge, Over standing, Wisdom, the conscious/subconscious Houses that Truth and Reality builds.--

:SuN030: :SuN030: :SuN030:

3. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Good question Goddess.

If we still followed the natural flow of nature, by this time in my life I would have 11 Wives.

In the natural order of things, sex is marriage. This act bonds Man and Woman for life, regardless if they never see one another again. Once a Woman is given over by the family for this regard, there is no giving a Wife back. There is no- returns or exchanges on Wives.

Western Males would love to adopt the principle of polygamy, even as it is presented to us in the Bible. A Man with many Wives is a sign of wealth, power, possession, control- and best of all- that he is favored by God.

But as I said before, Western Ideology is corrupt. Under the code of nature, I would have to provide for all the Women who were given to me by their families. Of course, if that was the case, I would've chosen wisely- and stopped at 3 perhaps. But that is not the case, not here- and in many parts of the world now.

We want Women to be there to satisfy our sexual lusts, feed us, clothe us, baby us- stroke our Egos - and yet Women are not provided for as they should be based on the natural order of things. I am all for any Man having as many Wives as possible. Key word there: "Wives." But until we correct and readjust ourselves back to Nature and the Universe, such a mass exodus towards these lifestyles would only bring further burdens to our Women.

There is also another mathematical reason why polygamy may have been needed in these times as well as in Africa. We are dealing with people who did not mix outside of their villages, communities and tribes. This may be part of nature also.

I understand why some Women get angry at the thought of polygamy in this Western culture, because of course the Male might want Women of all types, even different MindSets. Because he might pick Women based upon sexual requirements instead of mental and spiritual. But if Men are in a particular tribe that does not mix outside of itself, there are only so many Males of that kind to go around anyway.

I can also see why Women can want polygamy due to that same principle. No one wants to be an "Old Maid" or alone, there are but so many Males to go around- of their particular Mindset.

I've spoken to so many females here in Atlanta who say they are willing to share a Man, its better than being alone. The ratio here in 9-11 Women to every 1 Man. But I can also use Atlanta as an example to why this lifestyle would do more harm than good.

4. Goddess Auset333

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved Mwkg MS:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

MS: In the natural order of things, sex is marriage. This act bonds Man and Woman for life, regardless if they never see one another again.

TRUE. I said this before long ago.

The european marriage certificate does not make us married. If we have sex all along before the european paper marriage, we are already married.

Are all the sex partners we have had sex with before, we are still married to them? ONE FLESH.

Is it right to say that the european marriage is illegal in accordance to the Natural order of things, which makes the european marriage unnatural?

MS
    : But as I said before, Western Ideology is corrupt.

Those who do not overstand the Divine Nature of polygamy will see this as a MAC Daddy Drive thru. I will have one numb#4, two #5...

MS: But until we correct and readjust ourselves back to Nature and the Universe, such a mass exodus towards these lifestyles would only bring further burdens to our Women.

Yes, Not including Nature and Universe means we are OUT OF Harmony, Order, and Balance.

MS: I understand why some Women get angry at the thought of polygamy in this Western culture, because of course the Male might want Women of all types, even different MindSets.

Is this why some males Now seek other womb genders (females), because the ones they are with do not stimulate their minds? Some males seek womb genders who are like minded, and it is not always about sex.

MS: Because he might pick Women based upon sexual requirements instead of mental and spiritual.

Beloved, MS, from what I presently know and heard from others in Polygamist relationship, that man do not do the choosing of the womb gender (females) that enters the relationship. He can express his interest, but the womb genders do the choosing. Your thoughts on that.

MS: I can also see why Women can want polygamy due to that same principle. No one wants to be an "Old Maid" or alone, there are but so many Males to go around- of their particular Mindset.

Some people just seek companionship, without sex.

Of all four opportunities for me to be in a Polygamist union, three was full blown EGO. NO GO.
    The fourth was strictkly business. I, in america, he in Saudi Arabia (Islam). I did not desire to be tied in no way to what is going on in the world today.

If EGO, jealousy, malice, envy, strife, confusion, selfishness, detrimental to ones health, welfare, and morale, is in it, it will not work, because those attributes is not in Divine Order. Those attributes destroys Black Divine Kingdoms. Womb Genders (females) have been known to tear kingdoms down and there are some who build up Kingdoms.

:SuN030: :SuN030: :SuN030:

5. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Yes Mother Goddess. I feel it is correct to have the Woman choose the other Wives in a Polygamist relationship. Another reason we see this not working well in a Western Culture, for our people anyway- is because a true African political system would have to be established here. African Women in America as a collective should be able to band together politically, as a political party and decide such things.

Men should not be the ones making these decisions at all. At the same time, African Men in America should band together as a political party also. This way, our parties can come together, debate and reason these issues. That way, we can visually "see" those for are for and against this lifestyle.

This is one of the issues I would like to address when I get my media company in order. I will like to take some of our questions to the streets, and ask the people about these issues.

We need to kick out the Pimps and the Pastors and give our Mothers and Queens back their crown.

6. Goddess Auset333

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved Mwkg Metasaience
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

MS: We need to kick out the Pimps and the Pastors and give our Mothers and Queens back their crown.

May I live to see the day the Black Womb Genders (female) is back to her Divine rightful places, Divine Soul-Mind.

A Nation will rise no higher than its womb-gender.
    The Destiny of the Womb-Gender: Is the Destiny of the world.

:qqb023::SuN030::qqb023:

7. Enensa Aunghk

Enensa Aunghk Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Goddess Auset

I have two questions for you:

(1) Are there any other sources than the Bible, especially those that reference classical African civilization or African life more recently, that can allow us to further answer this question?

(2) I have heard (in some historical lectures, I can't recall exactly where) that women were the ones who originally came up with the polygamous system, and that in its non Islamic, non western forms it is even more disciplined.

(3)The way it was explained to me, a man had to elevate himself spiritually and have his first marriage and family in order, before the wife would invite or allow another woman into the family (I have heard it said that oftentimes it is the woman's idea!). Women seem to have a great deal of more control in this context. Have you heard of such things? Could you provide me with more references?

8. Goddess Auset333

Ratings:
    +23
    Beloved Mighty warrior Enensa Aunghk:

Thank you Beloved for your questions, and I will do all I can to help you with them.

(1) Are there any other sources than the Bible, especially those that reference classical African civilization or African life more recently, that can allow us to further answer this question?

Beloved, I am asking Brothers Metasaience and Keita, and others to enter this thread to assist you with your questions.

(2) I have heard (in some historical lectures, I can't recall exactly where) that women were the ones who originally came up with the polygamous system, and that in its non Islamic, non western forms it is even more disciplined.

To my knowledge/Overstanding it is the womb genders (females) who came up withthe polygamous union.

(3)The way it was explained to me, a man had to elevate himself spiritually and have his first marriage and family in order, before the wife would invite or allow another woman into the family (I have heard it said that oftentimes it is the woman's idea!). Women seem to have a great deal of more control in this context. Have you heard of such things? Could you provide me with more references?

They all should be elevated Spiritually. It is wise that man and the first womb-gender have their lives in Divine order before inviting others in it.

I am gong to suggest for now that you GOOGLE search also to find out the pros and cons of Polygamy.

I will research what you have asked and return to this thread.

The Scriptures in/on the Scrolls in my DNA, My Soul-Mind where ALL information flows, is my Source.

:qqb018: :qqb018: :qqb018:

9. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    POLYGAMY...

i got no problem with that,heck anything that'll get me away from the ONE that i got for awhile is cool with me...where do i sign up?

10. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    There is a great deal of information online for and against Polygamy. I have no sources that I can name that address the issues of "Is Polygamy of God" directly, or maybe I need to search some more.

There is some good information here, but still not addressing the topic.
    FACTORS ON POLYGAMY IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA:
    FINDINGS BASED ON THE DEMOGRAPHIC
    AND HEALTH SURVEYS

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1746-1049.1997.tb00849.x?cookieSet=1

Perhaps we may find information pertaining to Polygamy and the Divine Family as it has been addressed by Dr. Kilindi Iyi.

[​IMG]

This is a very challenging read also:
    http://www.principlevoices.org/article.php?story=20050907151620323

In the movie "The Best Man" Terrence Howard's character says If God intended for Men to be faithful, he would not have given us so much sperm and Women would not outnumber us like they do.

That has more to do with nature, but God is nature right? Men are given the means to populate the Earth as they see fit. At the same time, Men die faster and younger than Women too.

Polygamy at first glance is the perfect solution to the overwhelming gap between the number of available Men and available Women.

For the Western Male Mindset, it sounds like an exciting choice. Until we learn that secretly a good percent of Women are actually non-sexual, asexual beings. They have sexual exchange, but not on a physical level like most. She has a child or children with the husband to fulfill her natural duty as a Mother and Woman. This is why we hear so many stories from married Men who say, once we got married the sex stopped. Or Women who have one child, and turn to the same sex.

They are actually asexual. A significant group that society has simply forgotten, and has melted them away into their homosexual dynamic. "Some" of these Women choose the same sex, because they feel a sense of safety in the lifestyle, there is no one there demanding sex from them. There are Women living together who call themselves Lesbians yet never have any kind of sexual exchange, ever.

So we must wonder then. Did Polygamy give these Women a sense of security also. What about the Women Men see as unattractive. Perhaps they are also chosen by the Chief Wife. Some Women might be there in some respect to fulfill the sexual and living needs of the Husband, but the main Wife is the one who delicates her responsibilities to them.

If we studied early Matriarchal societies, we may also find reason why even if Women wanted Polygamous relationships- Men will fight against them. If not done under Divine will, and respect for nature- it will lead to an unhealthy balance of power. Most Men don't like the idea of Women in power, and polygamy especially in the West would lead to that- make no mistake about it. If Men are fooled by their little head, they surely sign the dotted line.

In certain respects, I feel polygamy does deal with a divine relationship between Man and Woman. It doesn't always have to deal with sex or marriage. For example, most of my partners in business are Black Women. There is nothing sexual or intimate about these relationships, but these relationships are successful. My business with these Women helps them to provide for their families and helps them to sculpt a future for their children.

In a sense a business relationship is a "marriage" and "sex" can be seen as an exchange of energy, labor and ideas that bring about a successful result.

When we see Women as only Sex toys and tools for our lusts and desires, its no wonder our enslavement continues. Who will free us, if not our Women?