Black People : Is Political Correctness Ruining Honesty???

...how do you supress "freedom of speech"...???...you get people to believe that having your own opinion is wrong.....

SO TRUE...AND ON TOP OF THAT....Having a different opinion different from white america is when there is a problem. It's really a nasty situation purposely and strategically placed for people to keep their mouths closed.

Why would anyone be afraid to speak the truth about what they know? More specifically, why would any Black person in America engage in "politically correct" speech or feel better just because others do when talking about them?

Does being called an African American by a racist make you feel better or any less oppressed than when he/she use to call you by the "n" word? Because it's no longer "cool" for people to walk around spreading their hatred when they speak, does it make them less prejudice and more tolerant of Black people?

Because some whites are uncomfortable and complain when the subject of race relations in America comes up, why would any African American be empathetic toward their feelings and choose not to discuss the real issues about race in this country around them? Is PC language supposed to translate into them caring more about your feelings?

Is political correctness ruining our honesty? If you were in a room full of Blacks and find that you would communicate differently than if you were in a room of racially mixed people, then you're not being open and honest. Some people don't like to or are afraid to ruffle feathers when among a racially mixed audience. So they hold back.

So what does that make those of us who are PC empathizers?

NNQueen...Amen. I think it's sickening. Everytime I see Blacks and Whites discussing race amongst each other. Blacks tend to hold back what they are really thinking and White folks tend to play down what really is. They say stuff like "Slavery was so long ago, let's get over it." Sometimes I don't understand why we don't speak up to say what we feel. It's ridiculous. NNQueen, you put it so nicely.

now you should know that u r never on the wrong page...anyhow i think that PC is just another tactic to diminish the truth and keep us on the outside, blind, deaf and dumb, eyes and mind closed to reality...it's just a shame that so many black 'uncles' choose to conform and take on these tactics as a means to glorify their on ideals....what's really going on

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back