Egypt : Is Pharoah Egyptian?

Hmmm....

So would it be correct to say that the Hyksos didn't come up with the title "Pharoah" either?

I thought it was a term they coined after the invasion and the other kings began using that title even after they were driven out.

Then I also read in one of Herodutus's books where one Egyptian king was named "Pheros" and thought this may have been where it started.

One of the reasons I'm asking is because the Arabic word for Pharoah is "Fir-awn", and Hitler used to go by the title "Fuurer".

I'm thinking maybe there was a connection somewhere.

If i'm not mistaken, the Hyksos invaded Kamit during the 15th Dynasty. Pheros was the son of Sesostris III who ruled sometime during the 12th Dynasty. So, it's possibile that it could've been coined after the invasion of those people but most scholars and historians point towards the greeks for the origin of the term. During my years of research, I conclude the same thing. However, I did read the same thing as far as a possible origin of 'Pharoah' from 'Pheros'. But at this time, I cannot confirm that it is accurate. But also keep in mind that the name 'Pheros' is also greek.

Perhaps someone else can shed greater light on this than myself.

Htp.u

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back