Pan-Africanism : Is Pan Africanism a Pipe Dream?

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
Someone stated that Pan Africanism;

Inspite of the economic need for it right now to protect Afrcan nations from the IMF and World Bank extrotion

Inspite of the miltary need to use the military in defence of nationalization, and protection from recolonization,

is a pipe dream, because some feel that
even though hundreds of millions have

adapted to other relgions,
other languages,
other stlyes of clothing
and entertainment,
other tastes morals and values,
we are unable to adapt to thinking race first.

And by thinkking race first see our common problems and common solutions acrsso the continent

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist

Inspite of the economic need for it right now to protect Afrcan nations from the IMF and World Bank extrotion

Inspite of the miltary need to use the military in defence of nationalization, and protection from recolonization,

other languages,
other stlyes of clothing
and entertainment,

And by thinkking race first see our common problems and common solutions acrsso the continent
As one who at one time used to identify as a hard core pan Africanist, I won't say it is a pipe dream but it depends on how one defines pan Africanism and this needs to be done by continental Africans themselves who do not think race first. The present generation of African leadership is not the same as Nkrumah, lumumba, nyerere, toure, etc. pan Africanism died with kadafi.

SlickBeast

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 2, 2011
Down Under
Occupation
Programmer/Game developer

other languages,
other stlyes of clothing
and entertainment,

It's not a dream, it's a task of tremendous proportion. If you read about Bismarck and how he unified Germany, you'll understand everything is possible. Bismarck is the only whitey I admire.

RAPTOR

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 12, 2009
It will be a challenge. It's a pipe dream for those who aren't interested in it
and won't, in someway, contribute to it. I think it should start wherever
afrikans are. In or out of the motherland. I was listening to a radio show
online, from dc. I am hearing of organizations that are working to unify
afrikans from the diaspora and the motherland. The organization (the name
loses me) is spearheaded by two sistahs: one from the states and the other
from ghana.

Bakari Neferu

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 9, 2012

other languages,
other stlyes of clothing
and entertainment,

I for one, don't think it is a pipe dream at all. African countries are already working with each other, and there are individuals like myself who have a definite desire to be on the continent working with Africans side by side. The differences you may see in Africa are, in my opinion, are a culture issue. You can affect a culture simply be controlling the environment. I actually think such a task would actually be much easier to do in a place like Africa than here in the states since, here, we don't control anything; however, over there, they control everything. All Africa really needs is some better management, and the problems can be more easily amended.

Pan-Africanism has never died; I just think that some AA's lost their faith and interest in it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Perfection Ethiopia : In Context Series: From Adwa to OAU: Ethiopia and the Politics of Pan-Africanism, 1896-1963 Ethiopia 0
rapchild Black People : Pan-Africanism NOT Blackism Black People Open Forum 5
Blackbird Black People : How Old is the Concept of Pan Africanism? Black People Open Forum 3
ProphetikGeneral Pan-Africanism : Pan Africanism in Focus: Rethinking the Political Conscience of Blacks in the Diaspora Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 5
Alarm Clock Pan-Africanism : Kenneth Kaunda Urges Renewal of Pan-Africanism Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 1
Alarm Clock Black People : How can one espouse Pan Africanism in the Motherland and enocurage regionalism here? Black People Open Forum 5
Alarm Clock Pan-Africanism : This is an excellent website to discuss Pan Africanism Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 31
Alarm Clock Pan-Africanism : Tricks end with Debate; the true Solution for Pan Africanism Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 1
Destee Pan-Africanism : What is Nationalism? Pan-Africanism? : Compare the Similarities and Differences Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 39
Ankhur Black People Politics : The Imperative for Pan Africanism becomes more evident each day Black People Politics 12
Ankhur Pan-Africanism : A Disertation on Pan Africanism/ and the necessary Psychological element needed Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 1
Ankhur Pan-Africanism : Father of Pan-Africanism; Kwame Nkhrumah Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 33
Ankhur Abdoulaye Wade, pres. Senegal, on Pan-Africanism Senegal 0
3 Black People : Pan-Africanism, Global Black History, Fetishes, and Worship Black People Open Forum 4
A Black People : What is the difference between pan-Africanism and Black nationalism? Black People Open Forum 4
OmowaleX Pan-Africanism : Perspectives on Pan-Africanism and Pan-Arabism Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 40
D Pan-Africanism : Pan Africanism = Code of political correctness in dealing with Africa Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 19
K Pan-Africanism : WHY HAS PAN AFRICANISM FAILED TO DELIVER Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 64
M Pan-Africanism : What is Pan-Africanism? Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 19
W Pan-Africanism : pan-Africanism and relationships Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 173
P Pan-Africanism : The Honorable Marcus Garvey, Pan Africanism and The African Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 22
S Pan-Africanism : Does Pan-Africanism Work? Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 16
C Pan-Africanism : PAN-AFRICANISM Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 5
S Pan-Africanism : Afro-Latinos and Pan Africanism Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 21
T Pan-Africanism : HELL NAH!! I AINT DOWN WITH PAN-AFRICANISM Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 5
K Pan-Africanism : The next phase of Pan-Africanism Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 3
Queenie Pan-Africanism : What is Pan-Africanism? Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 70
C Black People : Unjust Ptejudice, Racism, Black Nationalism, Pan Afrikanism!!! Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : What Has Happened To The Black Nationalist Pan Afrikans? Black People Open Forum 0
Perfection Black People Politics : In Context Series: Black Americans and Africa- A Critique of the Pan-African and Identity Paradigms Black People Politics 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Journal of Pan African Studies is dedicated to Dr. Frances Cress Welsing OldSoul 0
R Black Poetry : Got a wet thirst and things could get worse in this car, a honey // with charm not a funny farm pan Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Keita Kenyatta Black People : Reparations and the Pan-African War on Genocide Black People Open Forum 0
Kadijah Pan-Africanism : Arabs cannot be Pan Africanists Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 2
Alarm Clock Pan-Africanism : One cannot be a Pan Africanist if they have hate and grudges in thier heart Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 11
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Zesty Caribbean Pan Fried Sardines Recipe. Audio Video Web Conferencing 3
rapchild Black People : Pan African Writer's Association PAWA Black People Open Forum 11
rapchild Pan-Africanism : Pan African Writers Association PAWA Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 10
W Black People : Pan-White Unity? Black People Open Forum 48
Ankhur Pan-Africanism : Kwame Ture on Pan Africansim Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 5
Ankhur Black People : Pan Africanims from the view of Cheik Anta Diop Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : Is Religiosity An Impediment to a Pan African Mindset? Black People Open Forum 0
Ankhur Black People : Pan African Mainfestation in Real Time is Needed Now More then ever Before Black People Open Forum 0
A Pan-Africanism : This is not a serious website for Pan-Africans Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 61
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : Gloracialization: The Response of Pan-Blackists to Globalization Omowale Jabali 2
A Black People : The only thing that a pan-Africanist should want Black People Open Forum 8
Ankhur Black People : Was Bobby Seale a hatefull of Pan Africanists that worked with him? Black People Open Forum 18
Ankhur Pan-Africanism : A Pan Carribbean/ Pan African concern is needed to assist Haiti Pan-Africanism - African Diaspora 2
Amnat77 Pan Africanism : Kwame Ture: Pan Afrikanism vs The New World Order 1 African American History Culture 3
3 Questions regarding the Pan-African, Black History, Ancestor, Positive efforts forums Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 1