Black People : Is Ours An Ethical And Moral Crisis Too?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Sep 23, 2009.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Are we just forgetting defenses of everybody from African dictators to Mike Tyson to O. J. Simpson to even Clarence Thomas?

Are we forgetting in more recent times folk calling for light sentences for street level drug dealers?

Are we forgetting defenses of gangsta rap because it helps employ others outside of the rappers themselves?

And are we really paying attention to all of the black unwed mothers, who nowadays come from all age groups, also don't seem or sound like they have a care in the world about what their unrestrained self indulgence may well plague the rest of us--at best--for another generation...?

The intact black family?

Who even airs their concern and worry it may well be an endangered species?!?

Etc.

Though the back drop of it all--at least to me--is how too oftentimes we're being allegedly or really dominated by those in our midst who treat their vices like they're actually virtues...

Are some so afraid and fearful of the consequences, i. e., so they'd rather kiss up--go along to get along--rather than stand up, since to them suffering the same consequences of the activists etc. of the past is not what they desire to do--when it comes to them and their's--in the present?

Time will tell...

My and the and more to the point?

So please let us quit being into denial--as regards those who are a part of the problem--that those are their choices--i. e., which 'whitey/racism/the system' only had a small part in making for them--whereas those of us who are striving and trying to make a difference--have also made our own--as well as are able and willing to accept the consequences...

As always:

Your feelings and thoughts etc. are appreciated and welcomed...

2. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    There is an old African saying

There can be no enemy without if there is no enemy within

3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    On point...

On time!

:fyi:

4. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    One of the basic life principles is that fathers and mothers have a joint responsibility to the children they conceive.

With few exceptions, behind each unwed mother/fatherless home is an irresponsible man who has created a responsibility for himself then walked away from or failed in that responsibility as a man/father.

Deu 6:7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

When we breech basic life principles, the outcome is predictable.

Php 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Good afternoon, poster...

Also thank you for your reply...

Yes...

All input does reveal what motivates the person doing suchlike, as well as I associate a honest and sincere intent behind your comments, etc:

But I also consider folks spiritual/religious beliefs etc. a personal and private matter...

So, since even Malcolm had to tell one and all to put aside their differences over that as well, i. e., in order to unite behind a common agenda meant to aid all of our various relations:

I continue to do likewise via the here and now...

Though no belief or faith at all?

/Also that's what leads to overidealized viewpoints etc., and some folk out of touch with any number of undeniable reality checks/wake up calls; which is why I didn't (or others don't) put their blind faith or trust on anybody else's political isms either!

We are an African descended people:

We need and should want to truly reclaim our own ancient ancestors legacies, etc.

We also really do need to do more than just emulate and/or mimic the English/French/Spanish/etc....

Their time has come-- and is now passing--that is-- into the history books etc.

The reemergence of the eras of nonwhite peoples agendas being what humankind is to be and be about has come again!

:SuN044:

6. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    FYI:

Have you gotten your Revolutionary Daily Thought For Today?

They were of some value to my late gone but hardly gotten mentor, Baba Ahmed, and they are to me, too...

I. e., do a search, via the yahoogroups search engine...

Good luck!

Best wishes...

Peace...

:geek: