Black Spirituality Religion : Is Okra a spiritually unsafe food?

Brother Tuhwi, after much discussion? please expound. What did they say specifically please?, was any anecdotal evidence given?

Thank ye,

A

Sis A., I heard something to the effect before about using okra seeds in conjunction with a few other thing and only a friend in Palo said anything, but not going into much detail. All he really said was that the seeds were used in something he does to control or command a person. That's it.

Tuhwi

Orunmila sats we should sigh, "hun;" (exhaling) I say we should take a breath and rest. He says that the one who makes an offering of water will have a breathing spell.
Orunmila says we should sigh, "hun;" I say we should take a breath and rest. He says that the one who makes an offering of Okra shall have honor.
Orunmila says we should sigh, "hun;" I say we should take a breath and rest. He says that the one who makes an offering of salt will find satisfaction in his affairs.
One calabash of cold water is required. We will pour salt into it. We will also slice ochra into it. we will mark Odu EjiOgbe (with divining powder) and pour that into it. The person for whom this odu was cast shall drink of the water, and anyone else who wishes to may also.
Then we will pour whatever is left at the base of Esu. Ifa says that the person for whom we cast this odu wants a breathing spell; he/she will get a breathing spell, and will additionally gain honor (and satisfaction for the way things are going in her/his life).
ase
(William Bascom 1969)

As we can see, Okra indeed is a valued plant in Yorubaland. In this ese odu, water (omi) is offered to get a chance to breath (imi). Okra (ila) is offered to gain honor (ola). Salt is offered to food to season it properly - to make it "sweet" (dun), and so one's affairs will go well - be "sweet" (dun). Studens of Odu understand the "word magic" inherent in Yoruba chants, etc. That's why we recite in Yoruba.
anyways, Odu are regarded as "law," so, rest assured, we witness okra's positive qualities.
ase

Orunmila sats we should sigh, "hun;" (exhaling) I say we should take a breath and rest. He says that the one who makes an offering of water will have a breathing spell.
Orunmila says we should sigh, "hun;" I say we should take a breath and rest. He says that the one who makes an offering of Okra shall have honor.
Orunmila says we should sigh, "hun;" I say we should take a breath and rest. He says that the one who makes an offering of salt will find satisfaction in his affairs.
One calabash of cold water is required. We will pour salt into it. We will also slice ochra into it. we will mark Odu EjiOgbe (with divining powder) and pour that into it. The person for whom this odu was cast shall drink of the water, and anyone else who wishes to may also.
Then we will pour whatever is left at the base of Esu. Ifa says that the person for whom we cast this odu wants a breathing spell; he/she will get a breathing spell, and will additionally gain honor (and satisfaction for the way things are going in her/his life).
ase
(William Bascom 1969)

As we can see, Okra indeed is a valued plant in Yorubaland. In this ese odu, water (omi) is offered to get a chance to breath (imi). Okra (ila) is offered to gain honor (ola). Salt is offered to food to season it properly - to make it "sweet" (dun), and so one's affairs will go well - be "sweet" (dun). Studens of Odu understand the "word magic" inherent in Yoruba chants, etc. That's why we recite in Yoruba.
anyways, Odu are regarded as "law," so, rest assured, we witness okra's positive qualities.
ase

Modupe O

This peace

Ase!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back