Black Spirituality Religion : Is Okra a spiritually unsafe food?

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

I hope okra is not spiritually unsafe because it is my absolute favorite vegetable. I must eat okra at least twice a week if not more often that. I'll eat it anyway you can cook it LOL

The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree, now does it LadyLC, lol

Okra is the term for the non-physical essence of person among the Akan people. So the term /okra/ is equated to "soul". This is where we, Black folks in America, get the term for our food.

Cherryblossom, how about boudain balls? Etouffee, cher? Sounds good, cyea... Used to feed myself to def on shrimp creole, yeah...

Tuhwi

Okra is the term for the non-physical essence of person among the Akan people. So the term /okra/ is equated to "soul". This is where we, Black folks in America, get the term for our food.

Cherryblossom, how about boudain balls? Etouffee, cher? Sounds good, cyea... Used to feed myself to def on shrimp creole, yeah...

Tuhwi

Well, if "okra" represents the soul, then, IMO, it can't be a bad thing to eat. For me, Okra is a good thing.

What should be evil is pizza and hamburgers and french fries! lol

....Never had the balls, Blackbird! (no pun intended!) I'll have to try some when I get the chance.

Well, if "okra" represents the soul, then, IMO, it can't be a bad thing to eat. For me, Okra is a good thing.

What should be evil is pizza and hamburgers and french fries! lol

....Never had the balls, Blackbird! (no pun intended!) I'll have to try some when I get the chance.

Indeed, I will discuss the concept and okra from an ATR background in greater detail when I get more time.

You can find the balls on a plenty of stops down I-10 between Baton Rouge and Opeloussas (probably misspelled). It's more a Cajun tradition than anything else. I loved my okra stewed w/ corn, tomatoes, shrimp and sausage (when I ate pork). Still get it with corn, tomatoes and shrimp, tho...

Tuhwi

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back