Black People Politics : Is Obama Black, White, Both, or Neither ?

Is Obama Black, White, Both or Neither?

• Black

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • White

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Both

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
In the Spirit of Sankofa!

And that is how this country wanted. I guess they did not anticipate a Barack Obama when they came up with the rules.

Bootzey,
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

i still wonder if Africans called ourselves "Black" before this american slavery mess. i am leaning toward considering this label to be an example of an "american export" designed to insure that those of us with american slavery ancestry continue the "indoctrination" into american slaves that kept telling us that we were[are] slaves, not African.

as to the question of whether or not Obama is Black, i tend to think that the "question" arose because his ancestry does not include the "american slavery experience" from which we finally fought to be called "Black People", which, at least, is better than some of the other labels we've worn since getting here.

i further think that his presidency offers us a most unique and intriguing opportunity: his father's side of the Family is African, thereby allowing for the potential of adding some definitive African historical/cultural data to our info/knowledge mix. through her "journey of familial ancestral discovery", his wife's side offers us, when coupled with the "Kenyan Connection", an opportunity to seriously "connect the dots" and allow us to, prayerfully, continue/accelerate this Healing that we need so desperately.

(and, no, i'm a Sagittarian; of course i haven't read the article. <grin>)

When he came to Raleigh, NC he made the gesture of brushing things off your back and
I can get with that, because folks and all their different issues can break you down if you let them.

Anyhooo, to answer the question,
He is half of his mother and half of his father just as
we all are, right? However since we live in the kind of
world we live in, that would make him black.

And if that being the case...
what happens to the white?

Rather it counts or not, that's my sense of it.

MaddSistahlyLove!
Coco:heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back