Black Spirituality Religion : Is Ma'at really pro black...?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by OnTyme, Nov 20, 2010.

1. OnTyme

OnTyme Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Not trying to be controversial, bear with me as I ask a question? Has anyone ever heard of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A∴A∴

I just needed to understand the correlation and if there is a relationship is there socioeconomic disparity and if there is why? and if it has any relationship at all, according to this it does...I of course don't believe in this but if this is similiar to your faith, is it a black thing? the dollar for example has the eye on it so is it masons or is there a difference. Just asking...:10500:

Godforms
    Nuit · Hadit · Ra-Hoor-Khuit · Aiwass · Babalon · Baphomet · Chaos · Ma'at · Choronzon · Ankh-af-na-khonsu

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Well...I cannot help you with this, but I can certainly welcome you back home, OnTyme...its very good to see you again, for real.

I think I understand your point of questioning seems to concern the double A's, both in Maat and A∴A∴. Anyway, be patient, I'm sure someone will tackle this issue, and if not, I will assist you in any way I can...Peace In my sister friend.

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Crowley created this order in 1904. The Black Egyptians spoke of Ma'at in their hieroglyphics thousands of years ago.

It seems whenever whites co-opt something of ours and twist it around for their prposes we turn around and question whether it ever belonged to us. If someone steals your car would you tell the police you don't want the car back because the crooks painted it orange and you hate orange?

The ancient Greeks named their cities after the cities in Egypt. Now the only Thebes we know is the one in Greece. And the only sphinx we know of is the one encountered by Oedipus.

Like brotha Aqil said the white man makes his story history and my story mystery.

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace
    - Ma'at is pro-balance -

[​IMG]

The 42 Divine Principles of the Goddess Maat

1. I have not committed sin.

2. I have not committed robbery with violence.

3. I have not stolen.

4. I have not slain men or women

5. I have not stolen food.

6. I have not swindled offerings.

7. I have not stolen from God/Goddess.

8. I have not told lies.

9. I have not carried away food.

10. I have not cursed.

11. I have not closed my ears to truth

12. I have not committed adultery.

13. I have not made anyone cry.

14. I have not felt sorrow without reason

15. I have not assaulted anyone

16. I am not deceitful.

17. I have not stolen anyone’s land

18. I have not been an eavesdropper

19. I have not falsely accused anyone.

20. I have not been angry without reason.

21. I have not seduced anyone’s wife.

22. I have not polluted myself.

23. I have not terrorized anyone.

24. I have not disobeyed the Law.

25. I have not been exclusively angry.

26. I have not cursed God/Goddess.

27. I have not behaved with violence.

28. I have not caused disruption of peace.

29. I have not acted hastily or without thought.

30. I have not overstepped my boundaries of concern.

31. I have not exaggerated my words when speaking.

32. I have not worked evil.

33. I have not used evil thoughts, words or deeds.

34. I have not polluted the water

35. I have not spoken angrily or arrogantly.

36. I have not cursed anyone in thought, word or deeds.

37. I have not placed myself on a Pedestal.

38. I have not stolen what belongs to God/Goddess.

39. I have not stolen from or disrespected the deceased.

40. I have not taken food from a child.

41. I have not acted with insolence.

42. I have not destroyed property belonging to God/Goddess.

These 42 declarations were pronounced by the deceased after Anubis took him/her to the presence of the Goddess Maat and the Divine Judge Tehuti. If the Principles of Maat were respected the heart of the deceased would have nothing weighing down, so it would be lighter than the feather and everlasting life would be given due to respect of these laws that balance the Universe.

Can't get much "blacker" than that......

5. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +666

Difference is we have no 'hard' copies we can call our own.What are we going to do? Get a print out of Ma'at? Do a google search everytime we need to see it?

It would be so much better if we had hard copies of these philosophy like Christians have the Bible and Muslims have the Quran etc.

Kemetian philosophy aside it would be good to have "traditional African religions" compiled as well.

I can't see any reason why this would be a bad idea unless it goes against something im not aware of?

6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hello and welcome,

You may want to get a hold of Dr. Muata Ashby's translation of the Egyptian Book of Coming Forth By Day from which the 42 precepts of Ma'at that brotha Info listed are culled.
    http://www.amazon.com/Egyptian-Book...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1290468248&sr=1-2

Ra Un Nefer Amen also has many books on the subject.

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
  8. Zim

Zim Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +666
    Respect. I didn't even know these were available. I knew the book of the dead was available but I always thought it had an authors input and not the actual translation if that makes sense. Thanks for the links.:)

9. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace

Imho, the reason there is no one "book" is because books are only for those who have forgotten...

Forgetfulness is a degree and those that have forgotten must read, or re-read "books" in order to prove they are worthy/loyal to their original lessons.

Think about it this way, we were in our 18th dynasty before Homer wrote the first book by a european and they didn't even wear shoes at that time
    And now they are in control of the "books", but not our memory. ....

The books have been written to re-mind, but sometimes u must let the book find u.

The original lessons are within you're dna.

10. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Collectively Black people have forgotten the ancient wisdom. Wven in the Motherland we speak languages that cannot express our ancient truths because they were developed by liars to express lies.

We need the books but we need to understand the nature of books and how to use them as tools Think reference not reverence of the ancient texts..

Books entomb the Creator. There is great wisdom in the ancient books but it is dead wisdom just like the boble and the koran are dead. They were written by those who lived in a world where there were no white people. Only when we awaken our minds to the truth that is already in us can what we read expand on that wisdom and come alive. If we reverance the book above our minds we bury the living with the dead and what we read will lead to foolishness not wisdom.

For example one of the precepts of Ma'at says I have not broken the law. This was good in a world where the laws were just but in a world where our oppressors make laws to keep us oppressed we have to discern which ones are just and which ones we need to fight. The entombed truth does not make room for discernment. You obey it or you don't.

Why is it that when we need wisdom about the Creator the first thing we want to do is turn to some book rather than look inside ourselves?Because we are dead and the dead look to the dead. A book can spark life in us if we are dead but that spark will not become a flame until we bring it out of the tomb and let our minds and actions work out the living truth.