Black Women : Is Jada Speaking The Truth?

Kemetstry

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Jada Pinkett-Smith: “The War on Men Through the Degradation of Woman”
Dec 1, 2012 Posted by theComplex In Inspiration | 110 Comments

After slaying critics in defense of her daughter Willow, outspoken actress and activist Jada Pinkett-Smith took to Facebook today to drop some knowledge on how the degradation of women has resulted in problems for both sexes.
Jada-Pinkett-Smith-Against-Human-Trafficking-2012-597x386.jpg

Jada Pinkett-Smith Speaks Against Human Trafficking, 2012
As we look at societies where the women are lost, struggling for education and otherwise disregarded, versus those who consider women the center of their communities, Jada‘s words ring all the more truer. Read what she has to say below:
How is man to recognize his full self, his full power through the eye’s of an incomplete woman? The woman who has been stripped of Goddess recognition and diminished to a big *** and full breast for physical comfort only.
The woman who has been silenced so she may forget her spiritual essence because her words stir too much thought outside of the pleasure space. The woman who has been diminished to covering all that rots inside of her with weaves and red bottom shoes.
I am sure the men, who restructured our societies from cultures that honored woman, had no idea of the outcome. They had no idea that eventually, even men would render themselves empty and longing for meaning, depth and connection.
There is a deep sadness when I witness a man that can’t recognize the emptiness he feels when he objectifies himself as a bank and truly believes he can buy love with things and status. It is painful to witness the betrayal when a woman takes him up on that offer.
He doesn’t recognize that the [creation] of a half woman has contributed to his repressed anger and frustration of feeling he is not enough. He then may love no woman or keep many half women as his prize.
He doesn’t recognize that it’s his submersion in the imbalanced warrior culture, where violence is the means of getting respect and power, as the reason he can break the face of the woman who bore him four children.
When woman is lost, so is man. The truth is, woman is the window to a man’s heart and a man’s heart is the gateway to his soul.
Power and control will NEVER out weigh love.
May we all find our way.
J

I'm sorry. I'm not feeling her on this. I can understand and agree that we play off one another; men do what they can to get women(with money for their body), women do what they can to get men(with their body for their money) and it's all a cycle that none seem willing to break yada yada, but this seems like she's (subtly) placing all blame on men for how we, women, are perceived in society.

That's just not so, what with all the sexual liberation, and "taking control" of our sexuality only to control men with it. We have much of the blame to carry for why men only see t*ts and *ss when they see women. We don't have to play the part, but we often do, and then call ourselves justified for it under the impression that we're being empowered by it.

Yes, when women are lost, men are indeed lost too, but don't say it was man that led us astray; we did a lot of that all on our own, so I think we have a duty to ourselves(and our men) to bring us back to the reality of things. Just sayin'.

Is Jada Speaking The Truth?

Jada is not only speaking the truth, she's slammin' it! :bowdown:

Never in life did I think I'd "admire" Jada Pinkett-Smith. Well, like her husband and children beside her, I admire the hayle outta that little woman today!

There is a reason one of the most accomplished men in the film industry admires his less accomplished wife. There is a reason Tupac loved Jada and claimed her as one of his best friends. There is a reason acclaimed and even revered black men from opposite ends of the "respectable" spectrum love Jada Pinkett-Smith. She's real. She's life-experienced and knowledgeable about people and the world we live in. She's not waiting, yearning, in limbo and "looking for a man so will say anything she feels will please even stranger-men." Male or female, she cares about ALL of God's children. And in this speech, she evinces a depth, a gravitas I am happy to discover.

:bowdown:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back