Black History : Is It Wrong to Mention Black People Owned Slaves?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Brother jamesfrmphilly! :)

I started this thread in your honor ...sorta ... :)

Is it wrong to mention that black people owned slaves?

I just wanted to get out of the other thread's way and talk about your concerns.

There are probably several threads here on this topic already.

I see no reason not to talk about it. I'm for us talking about any and everything.

I can also understand how one might not want it mentioned ... :)

Anywho ... to speak to your concerns in the other thread ...

i did not consider disagreeing to be disrespectful.

Generally it is not ... but the Columnists Forums are different. You can disagree there but stick and move. Don't repeatedly post negative images regarding the subject, basically spamming the discussion with your strong counter point of view ... don't do that ... stick and move. And even that, should be done respectfully ... I'm just saying ... because all things should be done respectfully in my opinion ... without a rule being required to prompt it.

i also did not know of special consideration for columnists.

It is not one of our 13 posted rules. It has not risen to that level, where it actually needs to be a rule. It is in my heart and our history. I deal with it on a case by case basis, and if it ever grows to be as big a problem as the original 13, we will have 14.

hard to play by rules that you don't know exist.

If you are respectful to those that share here, the opinion they present ... you won't probably ever have a problem with our rules. Respect will cover them all, and you know that requirement exists.

i will now place this person on my ignore list and that should solve the problem.

It is a great way to minimize conflict ... minimize contact ... :five:

If you have more questions please ask.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

No

Hello Brother jamesfrmphilly! :)

I started this thread in your honor ...sorta ... :)

Is it wrong to mention that black people owned slaves?

I just wanted to get out of the other thread's way and talk about your concerns.

There are probably several threads here on this topic already.

I see no reason not to talk about it. I'm for us talking about any and everything.

I can also understand how one might not want it mentioned ... :)

Anywho ... to speak to your concerns in the other thread ...

Generally it is not ... but the Columnists Forums are different. You can disagree there but stick and move. Don't repeatedly post negative images regarding the subject, basically spamming the discussion with your strong counter point of view ... don't do that ... stick and move. And even that, should be done respectfully ... I'm just saying ... because all things should be done respectfully in my opinion ... without a rule being required to prompt it.

It is not one of our 13 posted rules. It has not risen to that level, where it actually needs to be a rule. It is in my heart and our history. I deal with it on a case by case basis, and if it ever grows to be as big a problem as the original 13, we will have 14.

If you are respectful to those that share here, the opinion they present ... you won't probably ever have a problem with our rules. Respect will cover them all, and you know that requirement exists.

It is a great way to minimize conflict ... minimize contact ... :five:

If you have more questions please ask.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee
you say that i was not respectful. i am respectful of all posters here. i make that a point.

Last edited:
you constant say that i was not respectful. i am respectful of all posters here. i make that a point.

Respect probably has levels, depending on the situation, those involved, etc.

I am speaking of the level of respect needed to participate here - violation free.

My apologies if it sounded like I said ... you are not respectful ... ever.

That would not be true. You are mostly respectful.

No one can stay here for years without being mostly respectful.

This was not one of the mostly respectful times.

I constantly say you are not respectful?

Show me that. I don't believe you can.

Love You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back