Black Relationships : Is it wrong not to date someone because he/she has kids?

Is it wrong not to date someone because she or he has kids?

• yes

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • no

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • I donot know

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
I think that it depends on the person. There is no right or wrong...just preference. I don't mind dating someone with a child. I think that if you like the person enough and they are good for you then why not. Having a child is not a bad thing. Some people are selfish about having to have all the attention from a person. Sometimes there is a legitamate reason for not dating someone because of a child in the picture. If the person has their personal life in order as far as baby mama/daddy drama, then there should be no problem for me. I like children and they like me and I can deal with them. There are so many people out in the world that will make your life a living hell and they don't have kids, they just have stank attitudes and no direction or purpose in life. Then there are very beautiful people that have kids. You have to look deeper than that or you'll miss out.

I remember meeting a very special man when my daughter was just 4 years old. He and I dated for about 6 months and he took me to meet his family. His mother loved me and invited me over several times for dinner. The man knew about my daughter, but his family did not.

One day we were all sitting around playing a board game at his house and I was paged to my home number. I excused myself saying I had to call and check on my daughter. His mother excused herself to her room and that was the last time I was invited over. She didn't want her son dating someone who had a child. I was a little more hurt by his mother than him and his decision to leave the relationship.

Now that my daughter is 16 1/2, I actually avoid single men who do not have kids. Mainly because most of them still desire to have a child of their own and I do not think I want to start over again.

So I dont' think it's wrong if someone chooses not to date someone with kids, but hopefully it's your individual choice and not a decision made for the approval of family or friends.

truely it goes both ways and really there is no wrong or right
when it comes to this it's on the person/ mate or lover of choice
to make surely you was good and well loved , welcome into the home
upon family now you spoke of a child everyone looked down on you
and he knew of a child and stayed but made a choice cause of his family
now no need to dis every single man because their is aone who accept
even now a teenager a child and the woman's heart what comes of this union
and love is unspoken of never say never ! but you are on point here
one bad apple plucked out don't spoil a bunch just make you more alert and
wise of choices made .......

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back