Black Relationships : IS IT WRONG FOR A WOMAN TO BE THE AGGRESSOR?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by SOULDEEP3, Sep 18, 2003.

1. SOULDEEP3

SOULDEEP3 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Whether you're in a relationship,or not,is it right or wrong for a woman to make the first move on a man? Does this make her more or less of a woman? And how do you look at a woman who isn't ashamed to ADMIT SHE is PROUDLY the aggressor? Share your views.:love: :heart: :heart: :heart:

2. monetg

monetg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    And by first move you mean?

3. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    I strongly apprieciate a woman who would make the first move. It shows that she's woman enough to go after what she want. Some men are shy so there is nothing wrong with a woman approaching the man.

That "man is 'suppost' to make first move" concept is weak tradition. A woman could be missing out on a great opportunity all because of the belief that she isn't suppost to approach a man. I've spoken with many sistas who said that the love of their life was shy when they first met and now they are happily married with children...All because they broke a weak tradition and decided to be the aggressor.

4. SOULDEEP3

Ratings:
    +2
    when I say the first move monetg, I mean SHE asks for HIS # ; SHE invites HIM out to dinner or on a date; SHE initiates intimacy,before HE does.

Pharoah,I AGREE with U, God; all that "the MAN SHOULD ________FIRST" is a bunch of B.S. Ain't nothing wrong with romance being sparked by a WOMAN....At least THAT way CERTIFIES the fact that SHE'S FEELING U.

5. SOULDEEP3

Ratings:
    +2
    May I add I've been in quite a few situations where the WOMAN was the AGGRESSOR,whether it was TREATING ME TO DINNER;INTIMACY{even kissing in PUBLIC};OFFERING TO HELP FINISH PAYING MY CHILD SUPPORT FOR ME{which I DECLINED,for
    the record};PULLING ME on the dancefloor,etc. etc....& you wanna know something? I LOVED & CONTINUE TO LOVE EVERY BIT OF IT!!! Us men have been doing the **** thang FOREVER & A DAY;it's about time WOMEN FLIPPED THE SCRIPT,LOOOL.

6. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    LOL I here you Bro. But what do you think about a woman proposing to a man?....hmmm

7. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28
    I would never propose to a man....

8. SOULDEEP3

Ratings:
    +2
    PHARAOH JAH........

ON THE SERIOUS SIDE? I DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT EITHER....A RELATIONSHIP IS ALL ABOUT 50-50 ANYWAY,RIGHT? IF YOUR QUEEN TOLD U SHE WANTED TO SPEND THE REST OF HER LIFE WITH U & THEN SHE POPPED THE QUESTION, WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? I WAS PROPOSED TO TWICE....ONE WAS SINCERE,& THE OTHER WAS INDIRECTLY;BUT THEN AGAIN,WOMEN STAY GIVEN US INDIRECTS,LOOOL.

:x: :D :x:

9. SayWord

SayWord Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I love it when a woman is aggressive. It makes me feel more comfortable. I feel that if she is comfortable enough to intiate anything with me, then our relationship is for real. Women who stay in their shell and expect men to intiate everything really annoy me.

10. SOULDEEP3

Ratings:
    +2
    ___________________________________________________I HEAR U,SAYWORD,LOOOL,& LOLOLOLOLOL to that Jay-Z quote. I have a beautiful memory of '91 when I was in business school & a sista I was throughing basslines to just happened to see me with ANOTHER sista who commanded my attention one day;so, when I saw her going into class,I said hello to the first sista,& she suddenly grabbed me by the chest of my shirt,&
    said with an obvious attitude"So,who was that girl I saw you with,hunh?"
    I had such a goofy look on my face when she did that,& I ain't know WHAT To say in response because of her actions,despite the fact that we we'ren't even an item {yet}. Shorty was fine,too,& after she did THAT,I said to myself{SHE LOVES ME! :D :heart: