Black Relationships : Is it worth it???

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by The_Entertainer, Jun 21, 2004.

1. The_Entertainer

The_Entertainer Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I once dated a girl back in the 10th grade, and needless to say things turned sour because she came from a private school, and had alot of adapting to do. So after 6 months our relationship took a turn for the worst, and we never really were friends again till after graduation. It's now our junior year in college, and she seems to be everything I possibly would want in a girl. The first two years in college we strengthened our friendship through chattin online and visiting each others' colleges. We both expressed our previous situations with others, and general talk about life. Although the relationship back in high school turned poor we both seemed to have forgiven and forgotten. I've dropped many hints, by verbal and written words, that I'm willing to give up the "fraternity life" and be completely loyal to her if she would decide to give us a chance again. In addition to that, all the ladies on campus know about her and the seriousness of our relationship, and its well respected. The only problem here is the girl ALWAYS gives me tangent answers to distinct my questions about us, which never answers the question... but its hard to argue it, because her answers are thoughtful. So is it time to move on, or keep pursuing???

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    If she do not respond playa.

Ride out.

I am pretty sure there are other sisters at your campus who will appreciate a man who is sacrificing apart of his life for them. They will appreciate it and cherish it, trust me.

Real Women Recognize Real Men, and I think you are a Real Man, who might be wasting his time on a little girl. I mean no disrespect to her, but you have been clur and you are sinsur, what else does she want?

As far as solutions are concerned I propose the following:

Try to create a more comfortable enviroment for her to communicate in.

Take her out a nice weekend getaway or a one day get away, or something of this nature. This could get her talking too.

And Remember the main thing, is to trust your own feelings and heart, You will Make the best decision for yourself.

3. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Greetings and Welcome Entertainer! It's great to have you join us and feeling comfortable with us enough already to jump :jumping: right into the discussion with a very interesting topic.

I don't have any specific advice to offer you at this time but I'm sure as Brother Manasiac has demonstrated, other members do. Hopefully when you find some time away from courting your sweetheart :love: , you'll spend it with us in Voice Chat. We also have Video Chat capability as well, and you'll need to become a PREMIUM MEMBER to take advantage of that special feature.

Feel free to surf and ask questions if you have them and most of all, please enjoy your time with us!

Peace,
    Queenie :spinstar:

4. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161

I agree with manasiac, ..."ride out" and if there's anything to this relationship, she'll change her 'train of thought, if not...you're kicking dust anyway.

5. Dancing_Nina

Dancing_Nina Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    If she didn't want you she would probably say so..... If she's giving you round-about drawn out reasons, then she would probably like some convincing! (Sales Techniques 101)
    Men don't like an easy catch and women don't want a man who won't work for it. If she wants more work than you want to put into it, you may not be compatible right now.

6. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Amen to Queen and Nina on those points.

7. The_Entertainer

The_Entertainer Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx for the advice nina, and i agree with you if she didn't want me she would flat out say so. At the same time, how much more convincing can I be without being a nuisance. I'm a very analytical person, and I tend to pick up on the slightest turnoff hints, but needless to say she hasn't given me any. I agree with not going for easy catches, and also puttin in alot of work, because I feel as if she will be my compliment in life. But if she is satisfied with the way things are, and there are others out there with great potential, am I jepoardizing myself by waiting around for her.

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    This is quite a profound statement......I'd have to agree with this!